Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:37:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You do realize you can do the latter without having your car pimped out like the industry forum nascar entry right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Is the best method of survival being the grey man in a hostile populace, or being "that gun guy" who successfully spreads his ideology in the marketplace of ideas?  Who takes the neighborhood kids shooting, teaches the Boy Scouts how to shoot, teaches @ Appleseed, campaigns for pro-gun candidates?

You do realize you can do the latter without having your car pimped out like the industry forum nascar entry right?

Actually, you probably have a better chance spreading your ideology in the marketplace if your car is pimped out with a single, simple, idea, rather than a NASCAR entry.  A single Ducks Unlimited sticker in the window of a well-thought out duck hunting rig is probably better than 50 stickers from LaRue to NRA to FBHO.  A single "I'm the NRA, and I vote." sticker on the bumper is probably better than 3 pro-gun stickers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:53:57 AM EDT
[#2]
NRA sticker on windshield of truck.

As far as clothing, I wear nothing (outwardly) that indicates gun ownership. Actually, I dress more hipster, looking more like I belong in an apple store. I look like the dude least likely to be carrying a concealed pistol. I look "friendly".
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:43:21 AM EDT
[#3]
All I have is a small, tasteful American flag in the lower right corner of my truck's rear window.
For me, that says it all.  Or should.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Stickers go on my tool box not my car
View Quote

This, I have them plastered on my Pelican cases.

I will admit I have the ARFCOM bolt sticker where the dealer sticker would go, I am doubting many know what the fuck that is, more like computer nerd...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#5]
BFL and a mystery ranch sticker on my Cherokee

No stickers on my Nissan rouge
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Imagine if, just if....stickers really made a difference.

Reading this thread and you'd think stickers imparted some sort of magic "bad ass force field" or they act as a criminal magnet.

In full disclosure I have a sticker on my truck it's a scroll from one of the units I served with for some years. It's never saved me from a boogie man nor has it gotten me robbed. But it is just a sticker. Ymmv
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]
No stickers on any of my vehicles.  No reason to advertise and attract attention, good or bad.  Plain jane vehicles that no one will notice or remember within 5 seconds of seeing them.  Black sedan, dark blue minivan, dark blue SUV.  All less than 6 years old, in great shape, no rust, dings, or any damage.

Besides, actions speak louder than bumper stickers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for bitterly clinging to God and guns!

On the back of my truck:

Gadsden flag

"If you can't behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them"

".45ACP. Because shooting twice is just silly"

K&N Filter

Accel Ignition

I carry OWB, but shirt over it. I get skin cancer, so I always wear a light long sleeve shirt in summer. I leave it un-buttoned and un-tucked in summer. I also walk around in a cowboy hat and boots with blue jeans, so people assume I am packing anyway.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I like having firearm related stickers on my truck, but for opsec reasons I have duct taped tin foil over them

I have an "inside applied" NRA Life of Duty sticker in the drivers side window of my shell. The glass is tinted and the sticker is black and grey, so it is hard to notice. Nothing else visible, but it has more to do with not liking to deal with stickers and residue after they age a bit than anything. My wife drives a Subaru Outback complete with an Apple sticker on one side of the rear window and a NRA sticker on the other side. To top it off she works on the University of Utah campus, which is Libtarded.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I will admit I have the ARFCOM bolt sticker where the dealer sticker would go, I am doubting many know what the fuck that is, more like computer nerd...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stickers go on my tool box not my car

What do you mean "where the dealer sticker would go"?    Why would I have a dealer sticker on my car?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
No stickers period.

Anything political and you become a target for libtard vandals. Any gun related or NRA stickers, and you become a target for thieves who think you may have a gun they steal. Real no-brainer guys.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is the best method of survival being the grey man in a hostile populace, or being "that gun guy" who successfully spreads his ideology in the marketplace of ideas?  Who takes the neighborhood kids shooting, teaches the Boy Scouts how to shoot, teaches @ Appleseed, campaigns for pro-gun candidates?
View Quote

I think there are merits to both sides. If you behave responsibly and don't look or act like a nut, you can spread the 2A message and be a good ambassador for it.

Personally, I quit having obvious pro-2A stickers that the average person would recognize. I have an Arfcom BFL, but no one knows what that is unless they are a member. I have an oval with "762", but again, no one knows what it means.

The reason I stopped with the NRA, TSRA, SIG Sauer, Come And Take It, etc., stickers was an experience in traffic something like 7 years ago.

I had some woman right up on my truck bumper, honking and flipping me the bird. I hadn't cut her off, wasn't slow moving, etc. I moved over, she went around and got in front of me and started break checking and otherwise continuing to be hostile. It was then that I noticed a few stickers on the back of her car, including one that was anti-gun. My only guess was her hostility was her anger over seeing the gun stuff.

At that moment, I realized how easy it would be for her to call 911 and tell them 'this guy in the truck started waving a gun at me' in order to get me into trouble. She could pretty well guess I'd be armed given the stickers.

Maybe I'm off on that, but to me it wasn't worth the risk of an arrest over a false accusation. I'd rather no one on the road know I had anything to do with guns.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have a friend with no CCW that wears a Glock hat and said that it has prevented some thugs from thinking twice.

I have a CCW
View Quote
Hmmm.

I need to get a "Deagle Wit Beams" hat one of these days...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is the best method of survival being the grey man in a hostile populace, or being "that gun guy" who successfully spreads his ideology in the marketplace of ideas?  Who takes the neighborhood kids shooting, teaches the Boy Scouts how to shoot, teaches @ Appleseed, campaigns for pro-gun candidates?
View Quote

Any place where you can get away with doing that is doing just fine already.    Everywhere else... you're just going to get you or a family member fired (or expelled from school) after some lefty sets them up.

There is no marketplace of ideas, there are a just a bunch of people screwing over their opponents however they can.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I was thinking on getting one of these

I have to drive thru NJ occasionally and it has been said that a gun sticker on your car is probable cause to stop and search for a gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I have several stickers on my truck . I have a bfl and a donut and pitchfork on my car. the raked angle of the rear glass makes them hard to see .
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:49:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:  I think there are merits to both sides. If you behave responsibly and don't look or act like a nut, you can spread the 2A message and be a good ambassador for it.

Personally, I quit having obvious pro-2A stickers that the average person would recognize. I have an Arfcom BFL, but no one knows what that is unless they are a member. I have an oval with "762", but again, no one knows what it means.

The reason I stopped with the NRA, TSRA, SIG Sauer, Come And Take It, etc., stickers was an experience in traffic something like 7 years ago.

I had some woman right up on my truck bumper, honking and flipping me the bird. I hadn't cut her off, wasn't slow moving, etc. I moved over, she went around and got in front of me and started break checking and otherwise continuing to be hostile. It was then that I noticed a few stickers on the back of her car, including one that was anti-gun. My only guess was her hostility was her anger over seeing the gun stuff.

At that moment, I realized how easy it would be for her to call 911 and tell them 'this guy in the truck started waving a gun at me' in order to get me into trouble. She could pretty well guess I'd be armed given the stickers.

Maybe I'm off on that, but to me it wasn't worth the risk of an arrest over a false accusation. I'd rather no one on the road know I had anything to do with guns.
View Quote

I would've called 911 when she started brake-checking me.  Let her explain that one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I am 61 and no bumper stickers, peroid. I don't even have cop tags or a shield
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Sure sparky, keep on telling yourself that...because only good people know what a BFL sticker means.

Quoted:
BFL  and FBHO on my jeep. I'm not worried about it. The only ones that have any idea what either means are already on the same side.
View Quote

I personally dig stickers, but I only put them on my Pelican case.  I do not have any bumper stickers on our vehicles.  I know if something bad happened and I needed a weapon, I'd be looking for vehicles that had NRA, Army, USMC, etc etc stickers on the vehicles.  Even if the vehicles didn't contain firearms, it's a good place to start looking for one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have to drive thru NJ occasionally and it has been said that a gun sticker on your car is probable cause to stop and search for a gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have noticed this phenomenon too.  TX license plate in furrin country like MI = fishing expedition by local cop.  TX id at Canada border crossing either way = 20 questions by US/Canada Customs.

Quoted:
I am 61 and no bumper stickers, peroid. I don't even have cop tags or a shield

Quoted:

None here. I just don't want any on my vehicle for no other reason than that.

I don't need no stinking stickers because I got a TX plate.  /
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't have any stickers on my vehicle other than legally-mandated signage.

Friend of mine has one of Glenn Beck's "Hydrocarbon powered Eco-vehicle" stickers on his lifted rock-crawling jeep, which I think is kind of funny:

He's had more than one conversation with econazis that have seen the sticker & complimented him on his 'ecological foresight' and inquired about his engine. He explains to them that his engine runs on these underground hydrocarbons that the govt has found to be toxic. Thing is, they're naturally-occurring, so it's good to get them pumped out of the ground and away from our freshwater sources. Being able to use them to fuel a vehicle is just a side benefit.

He's had a couple of them actually understand what it was after explaining it to them; naturally, they walked off in a huff...
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't have any stickers on my vehicle other than legally-mandated signage.

Friend of mine has one of Glenn Beck's "Hydrocarbon powered Eco-vehicle" stickers on his lifted rock-crawling jeep, which I think is kind of funny:
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/113/1/AAAADLf2aZ0AAAAAARMenA.jpg

He's had more than one conversation with econazis that have seen the sticker & complimented him on his 'ecological foresight' and inquired about his engine. He explains to them that his engine runs on these underground hydrocarbons that the govt has found to be toxic. Thing is, they're naturally-occurring, so it's good to get them pumped out of the ground and away from our freshwater sources. Being able to use them to fuel a vehicle is just a side benefit.

He's had a couple of them actually understand what it was after explaining it to them; naturally, they walked off in a huff...
View Quote

Haha, that's awesome
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Well played.

John

Quoted:
All I have is a small, tasteful American flag in the lower right corner of my truck's rear window.
For me, that says it all.  Or should.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Everytime I see one of these:

I want to stick on of these on their car.

i view the COEXIST  sticker as the ultimate "I am unarmed, unskilled, and unaware" so please mug me bumper sticker.  OPSEC works both ways.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:29:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:  Everytime I see one of these:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee403/flytosail3/7f2d0bf5f4bf564238ecd8451b04be2b_zps67562f2b.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee403/flytosail3/49a70603668485d8c98bff091d1a4b11_zps589c02ce.jpg

i view the COEXIST  sticker as the ultimate "I am unarmed, unskilled, and unaware" so please mug me bumper sticker.  OPSEC works both ways.
View Quote

So - is hunting over bait legal in your state?  
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Everytime I see one of these:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee403/flytosail3/7f2d0bf5f4bf564238ecd8451b04be2b_zps67562f2b.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee403/flytosail3/49a70603668485d8c98bff091d1a4b11_zps589c02ce.jpg

View Quote

Couldn't have put it better myself.  That's one of the dumbest stickers I've ever seen (right up there with
Obama/Biden '08/'12), but the left love that kind of stuff even if it's impossible and self-contradictory.  
2+2=5...

These I can get behind

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#28]
All I need is a Springfield Arms and I got it too
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Had it but I sold my Springfield Arms M6 Scout .22 LR/.410.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I keep a "Friends of Coal" sticker on my truck and car.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a BFL that's all.

Waiting for the "Obama can suck a puss infected cock" bumper sticker to come out!
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe switch it to Sturm-Ruger?
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I run a Bonnie Blue flag on my trucks.
No one pays me to be a bill board.
Thankfully I live in an area of the country where Firearms are an accepted part of life.
I feel comfortable being myself in my community. I dont stand out.
I dont think I would care to live in a place where I felt like I was behind enemy lives. (the impression I got from some reply's)
One of the most common stickers round here is the Browning Buck, and half the time they are pink.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm old (67) and don't give a rat's ass about what people think...I've been a competitive shooter for 35 years, and recognize those that support my hobby... American flag decal, LaRue "God bless our troops, especially our snipers", and Trijicon decal.... Look Twice, motorcycles are everywhere, and Romney/Ryan decal on bumper, vanity UF license, and USAFSS tag on front.. I was a classroom teacher for over 30 years, and at 150 students a year that knew what I did for fun, OPSEC is kind of out the window...
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#35]
I have some window stickers but just haven’t put them on.  I really just don’t like stickers on my truck and even we’ve been cautioned to remove our military association to avoid targeting; of course as most have mentioned, you can pick the “Joes” out of any crowd downtown or at a restaurant.  I would like to put up a subdued Molon Labe sticker along with a BFL and my wife bought me a small metallic Seahawks logo; still debating if I even want to put them on.  If I was a young, careless prick, I would plaster my vehicle with pro-gun, pro-carbon fuel, anti liberal stickers just to piss off all the “coexist” morons on the road.    

My wife has her Subaru Outback with her LNT stickers, Wilderness Med, mud-runs, and a few backpacking gear stickers on her back window.  Her car does look like an advertising billboard which I just don’t care for.  

Right now, all that is on my black truck is the Nissan Titan logo.  Few actually know what Molon Labe means and BFL is a head-scratcher…those might work out just fine…although Glenn Beck’s “Hydrocarbon Powered Eco-Vehicle” is simply brilliant.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
BFL only
View Quote

This.

Only the truest of folks will know. Besides the shoes and gshock its jeans and a north face jacket.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#37]
You make a perfectly valid point but in a weak way. Using the word essentially is akin to saying "I don't have the time or facts to make my point so just believe me."
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:  You make a perfectly valid point but in a weak way. Using the word essentially is akin to saying "I don't have the time or facts to make my point so just believe me."
View Quote

Merry Christmas.  May you receive the gift of learning how to use quote trees this blessed season.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:18:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
BFL only
View Quote

This is on my bro dozer.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 3:19:21 AM EDT
[#40]
I apologize for living under a rock and if this is a stupid question but what is "BFL" and "FBHO"?  

regards
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 5:45:26 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't really care all that much living in a redneck area albeit a very liberal town. My vehicle isn't very low profile anyways as 1 of 4 lifted Grand Cherokees in my AO. I have a DTOM front plate and several gun and Jeep related stickers on my back windows. I still have a #22Kill sticker to find a place for that I know will get some comments.

As for clothing, I'm almost always wearing a Multicam or kryptek typhon hat and a soft shell jacket with several different patches. 95% of people assume I'm military even after talking with me for a good bit. It's just how I carry myself. That's not something that will ever change.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 6:31:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I apologize for living under a rock and if this is a stupid question but what is "BFL" and "FBHO"?  

regards
View Quote

BFL = bolt face logo; they stylized representation of an AR's bolt face that serves as this site's logo
FBHO = "BHO" initials of a Chicago community planner who, by appealing to a previously-untapped pool of inner-city voters, ended up as President.  "F" = what pretty much everyone thinks he should do to himself.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't put any stickers on my cars of any kind. Opsec is a part of it, but I also think it looks tacky.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm ok with the Beikirch's, Arfcom, Magpul, and FUAC stickers on mine.  I don't dress the part tho, other than some t-shirts.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thankfully I live in an area of the country where Firearms are an accepted part of life.
View Quote

Same here. I don't have any stickers on my car, but my laptop is full of them; Glock, Ruger, GSG, DPMS, Magpul on outside and a noveske and ARF Molon Labe Flag sticker on the keyboard. I never once got any weird looks or comments. I also wear gun related hats and shirts often whether it be Ruger, Noveske, Glock, Springfield, Leupold, Hornady, Cabelas. I guess it's just a small perk of living in good ole SD.

ETA: Now that there's no more room on my laptop,any stickers go to my mini-fridge.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 5:21:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

BFL = bolt face logo; they stylized representation of an AR's bolt face that serves as this site's logo
FBHO = "BHO" initials of a Chicago community planner who, by appealing to a previously-untapped pool of inner-city voters, ended up as President.  "F" = what pretty much everyone thinks he should do to himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

regards

Ahhh!  Gotcha thanks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#47]
NRA life of duty sticker. Just put it on last week. My jeep is parked in a secure lot at work and in my garage at home. I drive the mini van around town once I get home. If I have to drive my jeep I park in the back of the lot under a light.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:00:00 AM EDT
[#48]
I have one small sticker of a pirate flag on the rear window of my truck.  But there's no mistaking me for a liberal gun hater based on the way I dress.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
All I have is a BFL....You either know exactly or you have no clue...
View Quote

This.  I have a BFL, a BCM, and a sheriffs dept sticker.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#50]
I have no bumper stickers or indicators on my ride of any kind.

Political, NRA, guns, nothing......for three reasons.

1) They're ugly.

2) I feel no need to communicate my interests to a sea of random strangers on the road.

3) I have no interest in tipping my hand to LE or criminals that there may be a firearm in the vehicle.

Hell, it even amazes me people leave the dealership license plate frames/decals on their cars. Why would anyone leave advertising on their cars from the dealership they bought it from?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top