Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 149
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll just say I did some grocery shopping. Kind of a lot actually.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
rotated out 6.5 gal of spare gas and replaced it (added Stabil to it as  well)

got in some low-light pistol and AR-15 training, including moving while shooting, transitioning rifle to pistol and reloading
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought 9 cases of water to add to what we have. Reorganized to make room for more. See some major shopping happening soon
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought one of the Champion 3500/4000W generators that TSC has at $299. Couldn't pass it up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:40:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Been busy the last few weeks.

Put my house on the market
Finished more silly projects in said house I've been putting off forever in said house.
Been looking at replacement houses--got one in mind. Fingers crossed
Sold a number of guns to decrease more debt despite what little I have.
Sold some guns and fund newer/better ones
My two Stealth DMR uppers came in after waiting 14 months for them
Ordered a number of AR bits to complete those builds
Picked up two ACOGs for said builds
Picked up a Benelli M4--love it
Hauled some fire wood.
Harvested some chickens--a learning experience for sure.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:37:50 AM EDT
[#6]
colloidal silver
10 readymask with eye shield.
Some burn spray and gel
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Paid off my 401K loan about two years early.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Yesterday I scored two bricks of CCI Quiet .22 LR. Can't wait to try it through my can.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Cleaned out and filled 6 new LCI water cans.

Gave my brother about 25 lbs of dry goods(pastas, cream of wheat, pancake mix, ect). This was stuff we don't regularly eat in our diet, but I know he will and it was coming up on its best by date on the box in the next 6months.

He has been talking about buying a new hunting rifle. I made an attempt to talk him out of it. He has a perfectly good Ruger 77 in 30 06 that will kill anything that walks on the lower 48. I told him he should consider buying an Aimpoint finally for that fancy Spikes carbine he has had for 3 years so it's a little more useful. I explained my position being that the stock market is freaking out right now and that Ebola could become a bigger problem than it is. Gave him the beans, bullets and bandaids run down.

Now, I am not to worried about my brother. He's pretty sharp at the age of 24. He lives out in the sticks by himself, doesn't have much to worry about. His fiancée and her family only live about 10 minutes from him. He's a fairly self reliant, independent individual. He's no dummy when it comes to being in the woods and he's fairly handy with tools. His idea of being prepared is more like living for a week stuck at home. I am trying to get him to broaden what it could be.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#10]
New here, so first of all, Hi.

Today I started my first bug out bag. Printed a couple of lists you have really kindly created and have set about getting it ordered. Will hit the £/$ store tomorrow.

Found my way here recently and then having read the board and One second after, I wanted to get myself in to shape if shtf.

Its great to see all of the help you guys have given and I am working my way through the website as quickly as I can.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Today I started my first bug out bag. Printed a couple of lists you have really kindly created and have set about getting it ordered. Will hit the £/$ store tomorrow.

Found my way here recently and then having read the board and One second after, I wanted to get myself in to shape if shtf.

Its great to see all of the help you guys have given and I am working my way through the website as quickly as I can.

View Quote

Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#12]
forgot to say also started the paperwork for a shotgun license here in the UK. Have a friend who has a rough shooting group I can join.

You guys don't know how lucky you are with your gun laws.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
forgot to say also started the paperwork for a shotgun license here in the UK. Have a friend who has a rough shooting group I can join.

You guys don't know how lucky you are with your gun laws.
View Quote

For now

Did some case prep today, organized some stuff in the storage area.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Not today, but in the last week...

Helped a friend in his search for a CCW pistol. Not a gun guy (insurance salesman, but still a really good guy... ), he & his wife want to pick up a handgun for each of them so I took some to his office with a variety of options (from LCP to full-size M&P and even one revolver) for them to peruse. She loved the LCP and he was really intrigued with the MP9 full-size. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get them to the range to try out those & a few others.

Also picked up 1k each of small & large pistol primers, a couple of the 7-rd mags for the CM9's to try out, a couple more of the mecgar 20-rounders for the Camp-9 carbine & 5906 pistol, and lost six pounds so far this month.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Bought some more .308 ammo today. Went through the safe and grabbed all the misc. boxes of ammo I had and put them in with the rest of the ammo then labeled the ammo cans by caliber. Found two empty ammo cans and used one for my GSR mags and the other for my BX25 mags.

Cleaned up the workbench and reorganized my cleaning supplies so they are easier to get to for cleaning the firearms.

Working on selling ammo I don't have a need for and will be buying more .308.

Took a break from prepping for awhile but slowly getting back into it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:52:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Went to the local cash and carry. Picked up 50 lbs of rice, 25 lbs of black beans, 25 lbs of pinto and 5 lbs of lentils.

Organizing things in the garage and making room for more preps.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:04:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Serviced my small honda generator today.
Plan is to hook up the freezer while we deal with what's inside first of all before using it for emergency charges etc.
next step is to sort out a battery bank and solar charger.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Its great to see all of the help you guys have given and I am working my way through the website as quickly as I can .
View Quote

Glad to hear this.

I think once you get started you'll find a great deal of satisfaction not only in getting organized/prepared, but also in your progression doing so. Welcome!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Re handled an old single bit axe head we found here when we bought the place.

Worked to winterize the garden. Pulled in all carrots. Received more attachments and seeder  for our wheel hoe.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Hit the $ store and managed to get the following:
4 x alcohol hand gel 2 for BOB and 2 for home
5 x bic lights
1 x 8 duracell AAA batteries for the store.
1 x 8 duracell AA batteries for the store

BOB orders from amazon are starting to come in so will be putting that together this weekend. Also found a great plan for canned food storage on pinterest, the MRS isn't really on board but she will tolerate if I keep everything neat - because thats the most important thing!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Recently

Applied for CPL
picked 400 rds 22 LR
A new 5 cubic foot chest freezer and a A419 Johnson controller.  
Attended an Appleseed Shoot- got bit hard with our American History.
Bought a used copy of Paul Revere's Ride,  David Hackett Fischer
Rotated 10 gals of gas
ran generator for an hour under load.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#22]
1st aid/CPR/AED recert
Hit the range with my youngest a few times in the last couple weeks
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Received 450 rounds of HXP.303 Mk.VIIz Ball on clips today.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://flintlock.org/pics/var/resizes/lee-enfield/clips.jpg?m=1414536780

View Quote

Nice!! I haven't seen 303 for a good price in quite some time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

CTD had it. I never thought that I'd see good quality, Boxer primed, non-corrosive surplus .303 Ball ever again, much less in clips. They are still listing it in stock, either in 480 round bulk boxes, or 450 rounds in clips:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ProductListing.aspx?catid=544

FWIW, Prvi Partizan and Sellier & Bellot make good, reloadable .303, but since this case came with $90 worth of clips, I thought it was a bargain.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Oops fat finger double post.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

CTD had it. I never thought that I'd see good quality, Boxer primed, non-corrosive surplus .303 Ball ever again, much less in clips. They are still listing it in stock, either in 480 round bulk boxes, or 450 rounds in clips:

FWIW, Prvi Partizan and Sellier & Bellot make good, reloadable .303, but since this case came with $90 worth of clips, I thought it was a bargain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a helluva price even without the stripper clips. I may have to splurge. Thanks!

Last deal I got was the cloth bandoliers with ammo on stripper clips. Around 225rds. For the life of me I can't recall the make/mfg. But it was a great deal like $60 or so.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Got my water storage set up finally. 550 gallons ready to go.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Neighborhood Bi-Lo is closing and they have all their inventory marked to sell. Got all the canned goods i could get in a cart with a JAN 2017 or later date. Made out like a bandit. Pork & Beans for $0.48 a can, large size baked beans for $0.97 a can, mandarin oranges for $0.45 a can

Pretty stoked

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#30]
My Sawyer filter came in the post today and got added to the BOB
Made a pack of cotton wool ball fire starters and had a go with them - work really well.
Picked up all of the kit for my first aid bag as well today.

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Took delivery of 1100 pounds of wheat berries and a few hundred pounds of other grains.

I calculate approx 1.3 million calories in wheat alone.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Had another power outage...

Need a few more handy flashlights.

A few more, shorter extension cords.

Cable/innerwebz have never went out...hooked up router/phone. Need to document this.

Need to tag/explain furnace hook up for sweet-wife a little better to reduce her stress if I'm not home next time.  Thinking about reflective/glow in the dark instructions.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Read the thread about lockpicking, got my tools out and opened a padlock while waiting in my car at the airport.

Lift, light cardio and Ill rotate gasoline tonight if I can.

Hard to do all of this and still be a normal person.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Put together an AR pistol yesterday. Waiting on the BUIS and a riser for my RDS, then it should be done.

Mulched leaves today. Some went directly into my raised beds with most going into my compost bin for next year's garden.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Picked up some more silver.

Picked up some more 308.

Paid off some debt. Nothing crazy, but every bit counts.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Read the thread about lockpicking, got my tools out and opened a padlock while waiting in my car at the airport.

Lift, light cardio and Ill rotate gasoline tonight if I can.

Hard to do all of this and still be a normal person.
View Quote

I gave up being "normal" a long time ago.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I voted.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Ordered 3 bricks (900 rds total) of CCI Mini-Mags from Midway yesterday.  Looks like .22 is slowly but surely becoming more available.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Took a deer...First with a crossbow.  Took the deer at 520p had it skinned and quartered in the cooler on ice by 720p.  

The wife and I will finish it tomorrow (thanks to my uncle Neil who taught me to butcher a deer as a young kid.).  I wish I could let it hang fir a while but it's just too warm.

Sighted in my deer shotgun yesterday.  Gotta saythe Hornady sst 300gr in 12g is crazy accurate . 3 shots touching at 100yds. I haven't shot slugs in years and had no idea of the improvements.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#40]
got a Filson double Mackinaw wool cruiser size 38 ish the size on the tag is  faded  to sell or trade  it is to small for me to use and a bit to warm all but the coldest winter days here in pa even if I could wear it
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

got a Filson double Mackinaw wool cruiser size 38 ish the size on the tag is  faded  to sell or trade  it is to small for me to use and a bit to warm all but the coldest winter days here in pa even if I could wear it
View Quote
I have to be honest, that took me at least 3 reading attempts to understand what you were saying.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have to be honest, that took me at least 3 reading attempts to understand what you were saying.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a  Filson double Mackinaw wool cruiser coat at a thrift shop. I will use for trade as it is to small for me.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Had another power outage...
Need a few more handy flashlights.
A few more, shorter extension cords.
Cable/innerwebz have never went out...hooked up router/phone. Need to document this.
Need to tag/explain furnace hook up for sweet-wife a little better to reduce her stress if I'm not home next time.  Thinking about reflective/glow in the dark instructions.  
View Quote

Found Glow in the Dark duct tape at Walmart and made labels with a Sharpie marker.  Did the same thing with reflective tape. (crossed posted Glow in the Dark labels in this awesome thread Share your cheap yet potentially valuable tricks....)
Picked up two shorter extension cords for fridges.
Ordered and received
55 gallon barrel pumps
bung wrench
three Cree headlamps

Started writing snail letters to my Federal and State Reps and Senators to let them know how I expect them to perform.    (makes me feel better, anyway)

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Today I mulched a bunch of leaves and added them to my compost bin for next year's garden. I also dumped some in a spot where last spring I found a lot of earthworms, so I'm hoping to find a similar amount next spring.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Bought an old cider press to restore. There are a lot of old apple trees around here that produce fruit good enough for cider, and the left-over pomace will feed chickens and go on my bait pile. Always on the lookout for any hand-operated tools that will help me produce or process food. My wife is already planning to invite the neighborhood to a cider-making party next apple season.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Bought two used AR-15s from a private security contractor! Now two of my grandsons have their own weapon!
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Filled my 55 gal water drum and added some canned goods from costco
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Last weekend I assembled an AR15 pistol and today I fired it for the first time, and got the red dot zeroed at 50 yards. Very pleased with it.

I also put some lead downrange with my Beretta CX-4 Storm carbine, and also practiced some weak side shooting with it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Bought two of the Wallyworld $6.97 glass oil lamps and 5 half-gallons of lamp oil.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:44:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Took the family family into the bush for 8 days Elk hunting

Of course, we were staying in a camp trailer, but it was a great time. Went with my folks, my wife and 21 month old daughter.

It was mostly in the teens/low 20s temperature wise. My wife learned how important/valuable wool underwear is. She tried wearing synthetic tights for a base layer and it just wasn't keeping her warm.

It was my wife's first real hunting experience. Taught her a lot about tracking animals. Unfortunately, it was a rough season. Only saw one elk hanging in 6 days of the season. We didn't see a live elk, just tracks and scat.

Taught my wife how to build a fire in adverse conditions.

My dad invested in 2 Garmin Rino 650s. They are NICE! We used them a lot, I think I am going to buy one for myself. Lots of great functions, easy to use. I think it will help me learn how to use a map and compass better.

Decided I need a chainsaw and generator. Looking at the Yamaha EF2600, a local saw shop has one for $600 OTD. It's an older model, been sitting in the back room for 3-4 years
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top