User Panel

Your first Cola War (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
CWK2 this past weekend was my first. Pulled up at 5:50am on Friday not knowing anyone there. Walked over to a few guys standing around a table. Hand them my waiver and WhiskerstheCat asks if I'm ready to go. I say I can be and go and grab my gear.

As I'm getting my gear out I hear WhiskerstheCat talking to himself saying "Time to fking Cola!" I smiled to myself thinking this is exactly what I was expecting it would be. Whiskers ran me with the standard pregame speech "harsh but fair" and he was totally right.

Then comes the run after getting privilege bumped by Rome07JK. I did decent I think at everything except "not a conex" and get to the peeps. The AK was a trashy AK 12ga tat later broke for everyone. I got it without trouble. Iwas still spent from the wall and speed walked the run. It was easy to navigate through the woods to the range. Just followed the sound of gunfire. Cleaned pistol with a jammy, mag-dropping 80% but got penalties on half the rifle targets thanks to running out of time. Then puked on the last can.

A few things I learned were:
-When they give you a list of targets with ranges, write it down instead of trying to memorize it. I really didn't set myself up for success with the Bill O'Reilly do-it-live approach.
-Get a good belt and holster setu
-Cardio cannot be skipped
-I need to improve my upper body strength/endurance

Fought with the post-cola blues for a few days after and now I'm already planning for my next. Want to do so much better and suck less. I was blown away at the generosity of the sponsors as well as the amount of fun it was watching others run. Really looking forward to the next CW.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
@Metalsaber - the Keystone 2 photographer
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hill_monkey:
@Metalsaber - the Keystone 2 photographer
View Quote
Will plan on attending next year.  Will try to get some more pics next time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 7:12:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Logcutter] [#5]
The nOObs at Peepfall! Had a blast this past weekend.

It was everything I'd imagined, but with better food and more puddles.

And I'd read a bunch, but mainly about the course/obstacles/chug and didn't realize that the awesome sponsors basically make everyone a winner!!!  

I will cherish my wettest run "scuba squad" patch forever.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Im glad you came out log cutter.  I told one of the other staff this guy talks too much he is gonna be a pain int he ass.  I was half joking but you proved me wrong and were great to have around.  When the flyover event pops up you should definitely come down its a blast.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cwar_USA:
Im glad you came out log cutter.  I told one of the other staff this guy talks too much he is gonna be a pain int he ass.  I was half joking but you proved me wrong and were great to have around.  When the flyover event pops up you should definitely come down its a blast.
View Quote

Thanks.

I really needed something to motivate me and get me off my ass.  

Plus, I'd never been to a chemfire before....

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Your first Cola War (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top