Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2024 1:54:42 PM EDT
Hope all my firearm friends came out of this terrible storm system ok. I know it's not quite over yet, as I saw on weather channel we're due for some more rains this week too.

Where I live just SE of KC we've accumulated around 8", but with wind blowing the rain sideways, we probably got about 10".
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Been nonstop here in Fredericktown..  Like wave after wave...  At least another week of it too..
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm near Stockton. We've gotten about  6 1/2" inches in the rain gauge since Thursday morning. We had tornado warnings Saturday night and I could hear the sirens in town, but it was just wind and rain at our place.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I left Springfield a little after 5:00PM on Friday and headed North on Hwy 65. I was driving in a heavy downpour and saw water in places I have never seen water standing or running before.
The wind on Friday gave me some chainsaw work to do on Saturday morning.
About 4AM on Sunday the rain woke me up.

I'm happy to see the sun today.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
i've been loving it... we have been down on rain the last couple years... my ponds were almost dry.  I've been able to see a significant improvement in the water level... I am thankful...
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By elginrunner:
i've been loving it... we have been down on rain the last couple years... my ponds were almost dry.  I've been able to see a significant improvement in the water level... I am thankful...
View Quote
I'm kinda ok with the rain, but I'd like to skip the damaging wind and especially the lightning.

I'm out at a tower now replacing a switch for the 3rd time in as many months...

Really the rain is fucking me too.
It's causing all the trees to green up and block RF Signals.

We had three service calls this morning to improve signals between customers and the tower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top