Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2023 10:26:37 PM EDT
Any odd CCW laws to watch out for? Gun will be on me whenever not drinking and locked in my travel safe in the room when I will be drinking.

Bars no go even if not drinking?

Ww2 museum?

Do no gun signs have any legal force?

Auto knife carry ok? Any blade length limits?

Any knife carry restrictions?

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By matto4785:
Any odd CCW laws to watch out for? Gun will be on me whenever not drinking and locked in my travel safe in the room when I will be drinking.

Bars no go even if not drinking?

Ww2 museum?

Do no gun signs have any legal force?

Auto knife carry ok? Any blade length limits?

Any knife carry restrictions?

Thanks all!
View Quote

Bars are no go by law unless you work there or are a peace officer, even if not drinking.

Not sure on WW2 museum, check for signs.

Yes, no guns signs can be enforced.  Typically, if discovered after entry, you will be asked to leave and return without it, with it only being an issue if you refuse (note that this does not apply to courthouses or federal facilities---and parts of the Audubon insectarium downtown are in federal facilities.)

Outside of students and schools, and an old law concerning Communist propaganda that mentions "switchblade knives" in passing (as a dangerous item that is less dangerous than commie propaganda,) knives are no longer mentioned in Louisiana law.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
A quote from SigOwner_P229 on the WW2 museum:

#2 WWII museum. If you want the entire experience including looking at artifacts and reading descriptions and stuff 1 day is NOT enough. I arrived before they opened and was ushered out right as they closed. I had to skip reading a lot and I felt pressured to whole day to hurry through. Also, I didn't see any mention of no weapons on their site so I was carrying. Imagine my surprise when there were metal detectors inside the entrance. I had walked (20 minute walk) and didn't want to go back to the hotel and lose 40 minutes of my time so I went in anyways hoping they were just for show. Nope, not for show. It beeped, the guy waved me over to a table where I was asked to remove everything from my pockets, "Doh, my pocket knife." I showed it to the gentlemen and asked if it was prohibited. He said, "That's what it was, just keep it all the way in your pocket where it's not visible." Then he waved me on in.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#3]
@matto4785

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:
@matto4785

View Quote

@scotchymcdrinkerbean
Thanks!

My gun will probably live in my travel safe in my room most of the trip then. Pretty certain there is a bar or brewery or two on the itinerary each day. Wasn't planning on drinking at each, but if I can't carry anyway I may as well.

And the WW2 museum I'm planning for 2 days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top