Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2024 2:39:28 PM EDT
March 23rd ABC drop of 30 different products.

Who will be standing in a line the Saturday?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Not standing in line unless I can get
Hennessy Pure White. My wife got it
from her employer as a gift.

I didn't know it wasn't sold in America, and
drank it because it had been in the liquor cabinet
for years... and because it was unguarded.

I owe her a bottle, apparently.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#3]
My understanding is you are limited to one bottle period. So not really sure it would be worth standing in line.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Why would anyone stand in line to purchase alcohol, when you can get it in either WV or MD.  If not in stock most are more than happy to order it.  Some people have way more time than others...life is too short.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
How early do you have to get there to ensure you get something?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GE-Mini-Gun:
Why would anyone stand in line to purchase alcohol, when you can get it in either WV or MD.  If not in stock most are more than happy to order it.  Some people have way more time than others...life is too short.
View Quote

Well, some of us live more than 2.5-3 hours from either of those states so we are stuck with VA's crappy state run ABC stores.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Soot4Brains:
How early do you have to get there to ensure you get something?
View Quote

This one is just a “VA ABC Store Barrel Pick” drop so I’m guessing it won’t be much of a line. Maybe no line.

When they do an “Allocated item” drop it’s a line at every store in the state. Some stores have longer lines than others so it’s no way to guess what time to get there without knowing anything about a particular store.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Tipsovr:

Well, some of us live more than 2.5-3 hours from either of those states so we are stuck with VA's crappy state run ABC stores.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tipsovr:
Originally Posted By GE-Mini-Gun:

I have been in Likker stores in MD, WV, NY and KY and had a hard time finding some brands,

needed some Weller for a friend,    only found it in a small community likker store in Louisville while I was there for SOS/NGD,

and yes,  Buff Trace was out of it,   when I stopped by the distillery
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I was wrong about this one. I didn’t think there would be a line for this drop. I showed up a half hour early just for a big what if, and I’m glad I did. I ended up being 11th in line.

They received 6 bottles of what I was after. It’s a one bottle per person limit, and I ended up with the last bottle.

Four Roses, Single Barrel, Barrel Proof.
Recipe: OESK

I’m happy with that. That one ranks in the top three out of the 10 different recipes they make.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I was just in California and bought Buffalo Trace at the neighborhood Walmart for $26/bottle. The fact it hasn’t been readily available in Virginian for years is a joke.

I spend plenty at ABC, but I refuse to play some of their games…

-shooter
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:22:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By shooter220:
I was just in California and bought Buffalo Trace at the neighborhood Walmart for $26/bottle. The fact it hasn’t been readily available in Virginian for years is a joke.

I spend plenty at ABC, but I refuse to play some of their games…

-shooter
View Quote

Virginia ABC is a joke.  With the buying power of this state, these items that can be readily found on the shelf elsewhere should be available here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#12]
There was an allocated item drop last Friday. I was able to get Blantons, and Buffalo Trace.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Never been that impressed with Buffalo trace.  I prefer ancient ancient age.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By gfunk:
Never been that impressed with Buffalo trace.  I prefer ancient ancient age.
View Quote

Ancient Age gets great reviews. It would be on my shelf if it was available in glass fifths in my area.

Have you tried Benchmark 8, or Benchmark Full Proof?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top