Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2023 7:44:53 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a quality shop (that you've used and are happy with)? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I had these guys do an accord for me a few years ago. “Sales” process was easy, install was pretty quick and very well done.

https://tintfx.biz/index.html

-shooter
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
https://www.tnttint.net/

Great service.
View Quote

Thanks, what kind of vehicle did you have done?
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 5:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]

2018 Camry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PAESAN:

Thanks, what kind of vehicle did you have done?

2018 Camry.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
N.V. Tint in Manassas
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
National Tint in Chantilly.

They did my old agency's vehicles as well as my personal.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:56:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: innova] [#8]
TintWorx in Warrenton, they don’t get any better than Mike.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:43:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Can we get rid of our vehicle tint law now? Seems a bit archaic.
View Quote

The allowable amount is the key............every state is different it seems...........if you read the laws regarding window tint darkness state by state..........The VSP are a PTA when it comes to window tint........I bought a truck in Florida and drove it to Virginia to get it inspected........it passed...........shortly after that a VSP trooper ticketed me for illegal window tint.........The judge dismissed the charge.......but I spent a day in court and 18 bucks to park...........ridiculous
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a friend who’s had skin cancer issues for years.

I haven’t confirmed, but he’s told me that you can get a medical waiver of sorts from your doc that allows a darker tint on your windows.

Similar to a handicap parking tag if I’m understanding correctly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#12]
You can.

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/sites/default/files/forms/med20.pdf

My wife and I have had them on our cars for 25+ years. The cool thing is that you can add vehicles without having to get a new doctors signature each time. In fact if needed you can add vehicles that you don’t even own that you regularly ride in such as a vanpool vehicle, church shuttle or grandparents car etc. However whenever a vehicle is sold or traded you’re supposedly to have the darker than normally allowed tint removed.

It allows you to go a little darker. I have 35% on my four doors and rear window of my sedan and 70% on the windshield our SUV has 35% in the front door windows clear UV blocking film in the windshield and 20% on top of the factory dark tint on all the back glass.

I’ve only been pulled over once to tint and that was when I had a vehicle with a dark colored interior. Had 35% on its front door windows, back windows were 20% on top of the factory dark tint (Ford pick up, SUVs and multipurpose vehicles with a waiver have no limit on how dark the back can be) and he pulled me over in the fall of year with the sun sort of hangs at the horizon a bit making your windows look much darker than they really are. I was pulled over by a Prince William Co FTO police officer which had a trainee with him. The FTO didn’t know that the tint waiver even existed. The cool thing is that DMV sends you a new registration card which reads “sunshading” on the bottom corner. Learning occurred that day for him and his trainee and he wasn’t a jerk about it at all (he actually broke out his VA code book and looked).

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#13]
and you can park in a handicap parking space with the credentials.........
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Can we get rid of our vehicle tint law now? Seems a bit archaic.
View Quote

The law recently changed to where they aren’t supposed to be able to pull you over solely for suspected illegal tint. But they can tack it on if pulled over for some other offense.  For whatever that’s worth. This thread reminds me that I need to get the medical waiver from a dr so I don’t have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:40:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PAESAN] [#15]
https://www.tnttint.net/

Great service.
View Quote

Thanks again for the look. After going there, I would highly recommend the shop, too.

Matt is a great guy and does incredible work. I’m planning to bring another other vehicle to him later this spring.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:27:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: olivers_AR] [#17]
Tint laws are alive and enforced in VA, Limit is 50% vs 12.  

It's a Secondary Offense ie not a Primary. However going over the speed limit is a primary, where they piled on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top