Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2024 6:26:31 PM EDT
All gather round.
State Farm just quoted me 6k a year for 1 year on Vehicle Insurance. Who are your go to insurance companies.

Any local insurance companies around Loganville.

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2016 Ford F150
2021 Chevy Blazer

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn my man, how bad is your driving record?  J/k, sort of. While probably not the cheapest, I’ve got my 23 Tacoma, a 96 S10, and my homeowners with State Farm and I’m sub 2k a year.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Springer1911Fan:
Damn my man, how bad is your driving record?  J/k, sort of. While probably not the cheapest, I’ve got my 23 Tacoma, a 96 S10, and my homeowners with State Farm and I’m sub 2k a year.
View Quote

Driving record is great. No Accidents my fault got rear ended about 3 years ago. No tickets. Wife is spotless... I'm lost right now.

Credit score is high 700's/low 800's... Home owner.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Georgia Farm Bureau for my vehicles and home and I've never had an issue. For my two vehicles it's around $1800 for a year and home owner's insurance is sub $1000. I've never had a problem with them and they've paid out on every claim that I've made.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently switched to Mercury from Nationwide and before that State Farm. Car insurance (and home owners) has spiked horribly locally around here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By surplusnut:
I use Georgia Farm Bureau for my vehicles and home and I've never had an issue. For my two vehicles it's around $1800 for a year and home owner's insurance is sub $1000. I've never had a problem with them and they've paid out on every claim that I've made.
View Quote

Does one have to be a farmer or connected in some way with the farming industry to use this insurance? Sounds like a good deal.

Clark Howard said one needs to shop around every 4 - 5 years for insurance for better premium, he said it doesn't pay to stay loyal with a company as you are just a number to them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ARstudent:

Does one have to be a farmer or connected in some way with the farming industry to use this insurance? Sounds like a good deal.

Clark Howard said one needs to shop around every 4 - 5 years for insurance for better premium, he said it doesn't pay to stay loyal with a company as you are just a number to them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARstudent:

Nope, don't need to be a farmer and anyone can join. You do have to be a yearly member at the Bureau for the grand sum of, I believe, $35 per year. I think every county has an office, I know there was one in Gwinnett when I lived there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#8]
As soon as we buy a minivan, I'm switching away from State Farm.  I've had them for a couple years, and while they initially saved me a decent amount, they are now almost 2x as much as others.  You really need to shop around somewhat frequently, rates seem to randomly change.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Also being abused by state farm and thinking about leaving.

Wife has liberty mutual several years now I think it's still reasonable. She also had a small claim when she got side swiped didn't have any claim drama.

Their commercials are stupid though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:36:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KoolOperator:

Their commercials are stupid though.
View Quote

Liberty / Bibberty  LOL

stupid, but catchy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Nope, don't need to be a farmer and anyone can join. You do have to be a yearly member at the Bureau for the grand sum of, I believe, $35 per year. I think every county has an office, I know there was one in Gwinnett when I lived there.
View Quote

Thank you so much.   I just realize that their local office is across the major road from my house, I can see them from here.  Apparently the agent works from home.  What's ironic is 1/4 of the house/building had a large tree fell on the roof a few weeks ago in a storm.  I hope they have a good policy. LOL
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#12]
All insurance companies will punish you for loyalty. You have to shop around every few years.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

I gotta stop by their office here and see what they quote me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Farm bureau X2. Cheaper and better CS than allstate we switched from.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess State Farm is too busy spending money on Jake, Mahome, Kelce and Andy Reid, they forget about the paying customers.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#16]
F$@# State farm! They have constantly gone up every 6 months on me. And my record is clean AF! And my wife never had anything on her record. I'll be looking soon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I second the nomination...YMMV
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By zombiehunter:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zombiehunter:

ALLSTATE came in the cheapest. Half of the price of State Farm, 30% Cheaper than Georgia Farm Bureau.

Allstate new policy is no claims and high credit score and the rates where really decent.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#19]
More State Farm -

My agent is going to Hawaii on a trip funded by State Farm.  It's their annual best sales agent reward.  All expense paid trip.  A couple years ago it was California, wine country, LA Dodgers game, parties.

They're spending my money and yours.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I have Allstate. Clean driving record, no claims, homeowner policy with them and low 800 CS. My 6 month renewal is almost 100.00 higher. When I called to question it, no real reason than they wanted to. Actively looking.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Bidenomics at work
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:18:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ScooterP:
I have Allstate. Clean driving record, no claims, homeowner policy with them and low 800 CS. My 6 month renewal is almost 100.00 higher. When I called to question it, no real reason than they wanted to. Actively looking.
View Quote
Same here.

\
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't remember seeing these type threads 4 years ago...
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#25]
I just went through the same thing with my homeowners insurance. Allstate was raising my rate by 46%. Shopped around and Allstate was still cheaper than everyone else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top