User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RogerBall:
Thank you Wesmerc.  It's good to come up and see friends.  And we got lucky with the weather.
One thing to come out of this event was that i was told i looked like a homeless dude over from the bus stop.

can't wait to see the pix.
View Quote

I am a firm believer that todays weather was not luck, it is proof that god wants us to own guns, the same as beer is proof god wants us to be happy...  :)

Yeah, i'm glad my kids like to shoot.  I now have to get my pistol permit...  i think i like pistols more than rifles (blasphemy i know...)  
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Thank you Wesmerc.  It's good to come up and see friends.  And we got lucky with the weather.

One thing to come out of this event was that i was told i looked like a homeless dude over from the bus stop.

View Quote

It was more the location than you.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:55:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RogerBall] [#3]
Originally Posted By Fury_58:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That truly is a straight line waiting for a joke.  There are so many punchlines i don't know which to pick.

ETA: still waiting for rain down here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Had a great time and really enjoyed meeting you guys. The Thetford range is really nice too. I hope to see some of you at the NH shoot on the 11th if there is any room, and will definitely try to make the next VT shoot. Here are two pictures I snapped:

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:38:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#5]
I am just going to post pics here instead of linking to an
external album. They are small so dialup even should be fine.  If you
want me to take any down let me know. I'd perfer to remain out of recognizable photos if that is ok.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:09:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#8]

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:17:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#10]

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:55:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:59:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:02:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#14]

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:49:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Good times! I haven't been able to find much time to shoot, I needed this one.  It was nice meeting the new shooters and always a blast with the old. I did way more shooting this year than I think I did in the past.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Good times! I haven't been able to find much time to shoot, I needed this one.  It was nice meeting the new shooters and always a blast with the old. I did way more shooting this year than I think I did in the past.
View Quote

Word.  I have a short video uploading guys.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#17]
In the pics and video of the SVT being shot, it doesn't look that bubba'ed
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 9:57:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wesmerc] [#18]
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#19]
If any of you have other good shots of Troy or myself, and don't mind sending them along, let me know and i'll PM you my email address.

Thanks again !
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

If any of you have other good shots of Troy or myself, and don't mind sending them along, let me know and i'll PM you my email address.

Thanks again !
View Quote

I can email you larger versions if you pm me your email.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm surprised because this rarely happens to me, even with my Mosins... My shoulder is sore today. That must mean I had an awesome time yesterday.  

Anybody else?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By Jus228:

I'm surprised because this rarely happens to me, even with my Mosins... My shoulder is sore today. That must mean I had an awesome time yesterday.  

Anybody else?
View Quote

You must have shot the buttplateless SVT . We shot a lot yesterday.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I had a great time yesterday. Got to shoot some really nice guns. Got to meet some great guys. I didn't spend much time getting pictures but I did get a few. A big thanks to everyone involved in putting this together. Wesmerc, the hotdogs were much appreciated.It was a whole lot of fun !!!
Ok, now lets see if I can figure out how to upload pictures.
Thanks everyone,
Darkhorse

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By darkhorse1972:

I had a great time yesterday. Got to shoot some really nice guns. Got to meet some great guys. I didn't spend much time getting pictures but I did get a few. A big thanks to everyone involved in putting this together. Wesmerc, the hotdogs were much appreciated.It was a whole lot of fun !!!

Thanks everyone,

Darkhorse

View Quote

Glad you had a good time. I appreciated how generous you were with your ammo. Your 1911's are sweet shooters and I busted my Garand cherry. All in all a good day.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#27]

You must have shot the buttplateless SVT https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif. We shot a lot yesterday.

View All Quotes
I'm surprised because this rarely happens to me, even with my Mosins... My shoulder is sore today. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif That must mean I had an awesome time yesterday.  https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_cool.gif

Anybody else?

You must have shot the buttplateless SVT https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif. We shot a lot yesterday.

+1... Shoulder sore as well ---->  
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Glad you had a good time. I appreciated how generous you were with your ammo. Your 1911's are sweet shooters and I busted my Garand cherry. All in all a good day.

View All Quotes
Thanks everyone,
Darkhorse

+1. My first time shooting commander length or alloy 1911's.  pleasantly surprised
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Strudle54:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Strudle54:
I'm surprised because this rarely happens to me, even with my Mosins... My shoulder is sore today. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif That must mean I had an awesome time yesterday.  https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_cool.gif

Anybody else?

+2 - Wow, i feel like a wimp getting sore just shooting...  and have a nice bruise to show my wife and daughter...
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By wesmerc:

+1. My first time shooting commander length or alloy 1911's.  pleasantly surprised
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wesmerc:
Thanks everyone,
Darkhorse

Yup - thanks to Darkhorse, I am no longer a Garand virgin.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:36:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RogerBall] [#31]
I, too have bruises.  I think its from the 12 gauge slugs!
Those pix of Troy are the best.  I mean sure we had fun but to get the kids involved is super.  
Show those pictures around at the next Brady Bunch meeting and some heads will explode.
The ones of me really get my good side.  But seriously the one with the smoke is perfectly timed.  Do you mind if i steal it?  It might make a good avatar.

So........When do we do it again?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:19:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#32]

I, too have bruises.  I think its from the 12 gauge slugs!

Those pix of Troy are the best.  I mean sure we had fun but to get the kids involved is super.  

Show those pictures around at the next Brady Bunch meeting and some heads will explode.

The ones of me really get my good side.  But seriously the one with the smoke is perfectly timed.  Do you mind if i steal it?  It might make a good avatar.
So........When do we do it again?
View Quote

Steal away, glad you liked them. I will try to make the smoke stand out a bit more and repost (couldn't make it better).  I would love to do something up here near Burlington but that is a bit of a drive for you.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:06:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RogerBall] [#33]
I don't mind driving.  Something like that would have to include camping.  
It would definately need some planning.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

An arfcampshoot .... oh yeah, now you're talkin.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Yeah
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

+2!

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks like I missed a good time. I had forgotten the wife's birthday present was a trip to Concord to see the LPGA tournement.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

"I'm" talking?
That's ALL I'm doing is talking, i don't know anyone up there.  Last time i was up there was the monster truck rally in Essex about 7 years ago. We stayed at the State campground just north of town on the lake shore there. A venture like this will require someone familiar with the area.  And has access to a shooting range somewhere up there.  I can help with arrangements, etc but i need some guidance.
Also, if we really want to do this (which sounds cool to me) we need to make it march.  Can we actually make this happen within a month or six weeks; before Labor Day would be best (i think).
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 12:15:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#39]

"I'm" talking?

That's ALL I'm doing is talking, i don't know anyone up there.  Last time i was up there was the monster truck rally in Essex about 7 years ago. We stayed at the State campground just north of town on the lake shore there. A venture like this will require someone familiar with the area.  And has access to a shooting range somewhere up there.  I can help with arrangements, etc but i need some guidance.

Also, if we really want to do this (which sounds cool to me) we need to make it march.  Can we actually make this happen within a month or six weeks; before Labor Day would be best (i think).

View All Quotes

"I'm" talking?

The hard part will be finding a decent range. The Lamoille gong range is the best around here for what we are doing I think but I am not a member there and I think it costs to reserve that range. Not sure. Franklyn county has an ok range but it is more reserved/bench rest than we probably want.  If someone has access to the underhill military range that would be awesome. I know I have shot in many appleseeds there in the past and people have camped out right on the range. But I believe that takes a military member or someone with an in. I think they shoot hi power there and do pistol comps as well as biathlon? . I have shot in middlebury at pit on state land before. That was cool. I am not sure it was an arf shoot but it might have been so that is a possibility.

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#40]
If there's another shoot, i'll be there...

I'd offer to help plan, but who the heck wants to come to NY for a shoot?

Now if you want to do a day at Saratoga Race Track, that's different...  that i can get tables for...  :)
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#41]
What is the legality of camping on state land?  The shooting range in hartland is on state land and is free for anyone to use and there might be some good spots to camp around it near the ct river.  Also I/my family have the space to do something like this but I would have to convince my wife and ask permission to use my mom's land. Neither of these are up north though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Are we ready to plan for VT shoot 2014?  My son can't wait!  (and neither can i...)

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Let do it
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#44]
I would definitely be in!
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd be in; last year was fun. This year I might bring something with a happy switch depending on when my approval comes in and if I could even file the 5320.20 in time for whenever the shoot is. Regardless, I'll try to remember to keep an eye on the Vermont HTF.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#46]
I sure enjoyed myself last year. Looking forward to doing it again !!

Hope the snow is gone by then
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#47]

I sure enjoyed myself last year. Looking forward to doing it again !!

Hope the snow is gone by then
View Quote
Glad to be in FL.

I'll probably be back for another shoot.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Lets get it going.  Middle of July would be good for me.  Close to the same weekend as last year.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#49]
same here I am busy the first couple weeks of july
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#50]
same here I am busy the first couple weeks of july
View Quote

July 19th?  (Saturday)  Can we get a range for that day?  Would a Sunday (July 20) work better?

Page / 6
Top Top