BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 3:06:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
Watched a video from Washington gun law on youtube. Says the Va AWB is verbatim what Washington passed. Guess Bloomberg's group is just going around writing laws for the dems.
Also I believe it will ban threaded barrels for pistols.
Man what a crock of shit.
View Quote

Agreed. I'm hoping you guys know it might not go through this year, but there's a good chance in the next few years we'll see this pass on the governor's desk and get signed. We really need to come together next election. The problem is they know we have a short term memory problem, so I'm betting if the governor doesn't sign this cycle, they won't even try next time just so they can go into the election free of anything. Then once we sit out next year, they'll come back together to pass this.

If we can flip the GA next election, we can really send a message that we're really the silent majority and that our GOP governor was not elected from some kind of fluke slipup of Terry McAwful during the debate.

Just keep in mind with the AWB passing, it means that most stores won't even sell replacement parts and most online stores won't ship to VA. It's going to make current owners having a much harder life even though there's a grandfathering clause. So don't let it fool you into thinking you're safe just because you already own one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By dalle0001:

Agreed. I'm hoping you guys know it might not go through this year, but there's a good chance in the next few years we'll see this pass on the governor's desk and get signed. We really need to come together next election. The problem is they know we have a short term memory problem, so I'm betting if the governor doesn't sign this cycle, they won't even try next time just so they can go into the election free of anything. Then once we sit out next year, they'll come back together to pass this.

If we can flip the GA next election, we can really send a message that we're really the silent majority and that our GOP governor was not elected from some kind of fluke slipup of Terry McAwful during the debate.

Just keep in mind with the AWB passing, it means that most stores won't even sell replacement parts and most online stores won't ship to VA. It's going to make current owners having a much harder life even though there's a grandfathering clause. So don't let it fool you into thinking you're safe just because you already own one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Watched a video from Washington gun law on youtube. Says the Va AWB is verbatim what Washington passed. Guess Bloomberg's group is just going around writing laws for the dems.

The truth is most voters that would vote our way think all this got fixed in 2020. And it's really hard to convince them otherwise. Same thing with gun shops - they either believe it'll all be vetoed and the dems will give up, or that they'll be okay because sales to outside of the state will still be allowed or some such bs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

Sorry but that is exactly what happened. Fast Terry 2.0 stepped on his dick, then stepped on it again, then hit it with a fucking hammer.
Yougkin's team also did a damn good job of jumping on the attack damn near instantly. Youngkin wanted to win. Most of the Va GOP is fine being the minority party.
Karen's got pissed about the school thing.
Va gun owners are lazy, I honestly don't even think an AWB passing would wake them up and get them out to vote.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been talking with some rural gunowners at work.

They believe their votes aren't needed because their districts
are solid "red."  

Our voters are not only lazy, they don't understand our laws,
nor how we govern.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:
I've been talking with some rural gunowners at work.

They believe their votes aren't needed because their districts
are solid "red."  

Our voters are not only lazy, they don't understand our laws,
nor how we govern.

View Quote

God damn that is fucking dumb.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

The truth is most voters that would vote our way think all this got fixed in 2020. And it's really hard to convince them otherwise. Same thing with gun shops - they either believe it'll all be vetoed and the dems will give up, or that they'll be okay because sales to outside of the state will still be allowed or some such bs.
View Quote

The problem with gun shops is that they'll be fine with all these bans. They don't really care what they sell because one is they got a supplier/distro that's handling the return for them plus the way the bill is written is that it protects gun shop owners because they can still make a profit selling it out of state.

I think the problem is that we really need to reach out to voters. You're 100% correct when you say that people either don't know or don't care or don't believe it'll pass. And maybe they're right but it's going to eventually happen and very wrongfully so.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:32:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ambridge77] [#7]
homeyclaus isn't wrong.

I'm living in a state very different from just 24 years ago
when my mentor woke me up to 2A rights.

Internal (U.S.) and external (foreign) immigration to VA
has changed our Commonwealth for the worse.

Nobody gives a damn about our VA history, tradition, nor
our U.S. Constitution.

Imagine... VA giving up its rights.

(The spirit of) Patrick Henry, where are you when we need you?

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:40:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jeepva] [#8]
https://www.wric.com/news/politics/capitol-connection/top-democrat-pours-cold-water-on-plan-to-bring-capitals-wizards-to-virginia/

I know this is not directly related to any gun control persay but in a way it is.

He wanted this bad and were rumors of him signing some of it to get  his way with this.  Since that went up in smoke I wonder if he still feels the same way.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jeepva:
https://www.wric.com/news/politics/capitol-connection/top-democrat-pours-cold-water-on-plan-to-bring-capitals-wizards-to-virginia/

I know this is not directly related to any gun control persay but in a way it is.

He wanted this bad and were rumors of him signing some of it to get  his way with this.  Since that went up in smoke I wonder if still feels the same way.
View Quote
Wait so Youngkin was/is willing to sign anti 2A bills to get sportsball teams? Fuck him if so.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait so Youngkin was/is willing to sign anti 2A bills to get sportsball teams? Fuck him if so.
View Quote

Honestly not surprised at all. There’s a good chance that many will be signed. I’m pretty sure he’ll sign the awb bill too given it has a grandfathering clause.

But I want to stress again that only 39% of voters came out. If our governor signs it and with all the lawsuits and even if we had a strong turnout next time it may take decades before we see it overturned assuming to scotus hears a case beforehand.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

Where in the article does it say that?
View All Quotes

Where in the article does it say that?
Nowhere that i saw. I was responding to jeeps post. Maybe I misunderstood his post.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#13]
The article doesn't say that.

It was just some rumors that were floating around. Take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Also looks like they want to ban non huntng shotguns.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 9:46:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8xXSFnB2Ww

Just produced this last night.
View Quote

Good video!
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8xXSFnB2Ww

Just produced this last night.
View Quote

Well done video.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top