Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 12:03:31 PM EDT
Mrs Rabinowitz and I go to Denison regularly. US75 through Sherman has been a construction site for two years or more. It is slowly getting better.

However once you go north of US82 the highway degrades into third world condition.

It’s the worst US highway I think I have ever been on. It’s getting worse by the day.  It’s getting near the point of being hazardous for passenger vehicles.

Any idea when they will start on that section?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't hold your breath
Big plans for long term traffic
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Another usefule TxDOT map is the project tracker https://apps3.txdot.gov/apps-cq/project_tracker/
Other than the above project (look at the ultimate schematics) it shows further widening projects north of FM 120 (early stages - preliminary engineering), along with various maintenance tasks (seal coats, resurfacing the bridge at the border).  On each project is will show the CSJ (control station job) number, this is the TxDOT reference number for a project.  Written out XXX-XX-XXXX.  So if you take those numbers and search "TxDOT CSJ XXX-XX-XXXX" then you might find some other info.  Sometimes there are plans available via links from public meeting notifications.  Or there may be lists of contract letting schedules (allocation of money and contract authorizations) which will show those numbers scheduled for X time in the future).

Unfortunately the Paris District doesn't have as much online and relatively organized as Dallas: https://www.keepitmovingdallas.com/

Other info sources could be the Grayson County Metropolitan Planning Organization (GCMPO).  Sometimes also the county will have a summary document updated each month on the various TxDOT and county road projets.  I can't find this for Grayson County, but it's very useful for Denton and Rockwall counties.
(Basically Grayson county and Paris District are still operating like they are small places)
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I avoid Sherman/Denison/Calera/Durant anymore because of the shitty construction and shitty drivers.  I stick to 377 and backroads when traveling to/from Oklahoma.  It's a longer drive to the property, but it's so much more peaceful.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TontoGoldstein:
Mrs Rabinowitz and I go to Denison regularly. US75 through Sherman has been a construction site for two years or more. It is slowly getting better.

However once you go north of US82 the highway degrades into third world condition.

It’s the worst US highway I think I have ever been on. It’s getting worse by the day.  It’s getting near the point of being hazardous for passenger vehicles.

Any idea when they will start on that section?
View Quote

When they make “repairs” it sometimes gets worse. I travel it daily and my 2018 Camry is getting more and more rattles in it from this piss poor road.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dangus:
I avoid Sherman/Denison/Calera/Durant anymore because of the shitty construction and shitty drivers.  I stick to 377 and backroads when traveling to/from Oklahoma.  It's a longer drive to the property, but it's so much more peaceful.
View Quote

How long has it been since you’ve been up 75 through Calera? It’s really nice now. Unless it’s the drivers.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By txstinkbug:

How long has it been since you’ve been up 75 through Calera? It’s really nice now. Unless it’s the drivers.
View Quote

Recently, and I'll concede that the road is indeed nice through there now that it's mostly complete.  I still hate McKinney/Sherman/Denison and won't take that route unless I'm going to see family in Durant.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#7]
That 75 north construction has been going on at least 4 years that I know of...  

I plan on an extra 30+ minutes every time in that direction.

Hking
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
They have just started construction on the 75/91 ramp area just north of FM691. Collin County has started on the service roads and the third lane from Anna to County Line Road. They are supposed to start pushing dirt on the six-laneing of 75 from Van Alstyne to the Red River bridge in 2025. One bright spot is 75 through Sherman should be complete by this fall. Those of us in the Anna/Van Alstyne/ Howe corridor are about to be screwed.
Top Top