Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2023 3:42:05 PM EDT
I'll be stopping there. What fire arm can I bring and how do I have to store it? Mosin nagant? Shotgun? I will be traveling in a pickup so no trunk.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Long guns can be carried unloaded. I don't think the law actually requires them to be cased, but it is recommended.

Handguns can be carried unloaded and being in a closed case or fully enclosed holster (think "flap") is required.

Magazines can legally be carried loaded, but must be separated from the firearm. Most do carry their mags unloaded, because many police here do not understand every nuance of the law and it's not really worth a scene on the side of the road.

One is NOT allowed to bring non-HBAR ARs or other banned rifles into the state. Our 'assault weapon' laws are very convoluted and aren't about fighting crime, and unless you really want to research your particular rifle, it's probably not worth the risk.

Otherwise, following F.O.P.A.'86 requirements (unloaded, locked case, out of reach of the driver, ammo separated) should keep you, as a traveler, out of trouble.

Good luck and I hope you make it through OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top