Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

Yeah, on the flip side, maybe they wait on things up until the very end and and then ram the shit thru?
View Quote

Yup also likely. The only thing so far scheduled for the Senate is CBI thing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, on the flip side, maybe they wait on things up until the very end and and then ram the shit thru?

Thats what they need to actually enforce any of this stuff. I suspect they pass the CBI/gestapo bill and THEN the AWB comes alive.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Thats what they need to actually enforce any of this stuff. I suspect they pass the CBI/gestapo bill and THEN the AWB comes alive.
View Quote
Well, they did pass a bill letting them arm Illegal immigrants so they could shoot US citizens who defy the government.  Literally. Not joking whatsoever.  

So i'm pretty sure they have an enforcement plan.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Can kicked again - scheduled for Monday.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

This is quite odious as I expect they will go after ffls with mags.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
There's nothing in the law about magazine parts kits. They are not illegal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:20:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#7]
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:
View All Quotes

Oh give me a break, there are LGS all over selling complete magazines NIW that are on full display. Not once have I had a LGS open a package, break down the magazine into pieces and hand that over. They're going to just stop selling them all together once the CBI comes knocking after bypassing the local sheriff.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Oh give me a break, there are LGS all over selling complete magazines NIW that are on full display. Not once have I had a LGS open a package, break down the magazine into pieces and hand that over. They're going to just stop selling them all together once the CBI comes knocking after bypassing the local sheriff.
View All Quotes

At least one place in the Springs absolutely has been breaking mags down and resealing the packaging to sell as rebuild kits - since 2013 I believe.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:

At least one place in the Springs absolutely has been breaking mags down and resealing the packaging to sell as rebuild kits - since 2013 I believe.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:

Interesting. I haven't see that at shops in Littleton, Lakewood or Westminster, although, with the new Jeffco sheriff, that will probably change regardless of any new laws.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

At the start of the mag ban, my lgs would pop the baseplate off of mags in the wrapper. After about a year of that, they stopped caring. Now they just sell em NIW. I doubt they'll stop selling them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Bullshit.

Magazine parts kits are not illegal.

Unless they change the law saying thos kits are illegal guess what.....Shops will still sell them.

The reason why they don't break em down is because the law is bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Bullshit.

Unless they change the law saying thos kits are illegal guess what.....Shops will still sell them.

View All Quotes

Bullshit.

Care to wager a Pmag over that?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#13]
View Quote

You don't get it. You think the CBI "gun crime" people give a shit about actual "gun crime"? No, they will be going after guys like you and me, and gunshops.

All the laws this year are pretty bad, but aside from the AW ban which is easily the worst, the CBI thing and Carry restrictions are next. And the Dems are also absolutely punitively going after any FFL with more fees and bullshit too. How is taxing FFL's more gonna fight crime? Right its not, its just to fuck them over. Nothing about this is about public safety, its about punishing anyone that has anything to do with guns.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:36:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#14]

You don't get it. You think the CBI "gun crime" people give a shit about actual "gun crime"? No, they will be going after guys like you and me, and gunshops.

All the laws this year are pretty bad, but aside from the AW ban which is easily the worst, the CBI thing and Carry restrictions are next. And the Dems are also absolutely punitively going after any FFL with more fees and bullshit too.

View All Quotes

All the laws this year are pretty bad, but aside from the AW ban which is easily the worst, the CBI thing and Carry restrictions are next. And the Dems are also absolutely punitively going after any FFL with more fees and bullshit too.

Basically, if you don't have it by the summer, you're going to have to go out of state.

Do I think these assholes are gonna go door to door? No. They'll hit up all the local big LGS and subpoena their sales records.

Then they will fine and jail the owners out of business, just like that shop in Washington.

If their booking numbers get low, maybe they data mine some post 2013 buyers and make examples of them too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:56:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TrailFork] [#15]
If their booking numbers get low, maybe they data mine some post 2013 buyers and make examples of them too.
View Quote

examples will be made but not the kind they'd like
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#16]
2nd reading today. Might wanna mail your reps again.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Hit again today. I hit them all on Saturday as well for good measure
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:

View All Quotes

What time is the reading?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#19]

What time is the reading?
View Quote

No way to know from what I'm finding. It's on page 8 of the agenda. Doubt they get to it today.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
You really think these shops are going to just bend over aren't you?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:11:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#21]
View All Quotes

The ones here in Denver Metro within a hour drive of CBI absolutely will. Not sure about stuff on the other side of the tunnel or down in Durango.

I'm more concerned about the essential mail order ban for parts that the Washington AWB brought. I'm good on mags, but need more parts.

I started a thread in the WA HTF asking for their advice and those guys are fucked. They basically said to buy everything now:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/Advice-for-Pre-AWB-Coloradians/15-673291/
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Btw I'm not trying to be combative I just know the shops around here. Yeah the big boys will comply but they already do.

Honestly aside from just writing reps etc I'm watching the days tick down in this legislative session. The longer it delays the more it gets pushed back.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#23]

The ones here in Denver Metro within a hour drive of CBI absolutely will. Not sure about stuff on the other side of the tunnel or down in Durango.

I'm more concerned about the essential mail order ban for parts that the Washington AWB brought. I'm good on mags, but need more parts
View Quote
I hear you man but I live on the other side of the state near Utah. Like i said I'm watching this closely. If I gotta free up cash for a few more lowers etc I will.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I'm torn on your point.

I think they've soft-resisted as much as they can. I don't think they could weather the storm of this AWB passing. I don't see how any firearm retailer other than cabelas or bass pro or scheels could survive it. So I think if it passes, they are in a bad, bad spot.

My LGS, who is extremely vocal on these infringements, doesn't care one bit about the mag ban. However, when the brace ban came around, every single one was taken off the wall/floor. I know, fed vs state, but they complied.

However, I do think a couple would resist - find some kind of loophole or unwritten exemption. They'd be running a razors edge though. One slip up or bad press and it's all over.

I am generally of the mindset that the stores won't survive. That's the goal with this, because outright confiscation is a bridge too far. Kill the supply, destroy the market, and eventually it'll fall out of use. In the meantime, it's one more checkmark for gun-control dominance by the left to use in a federal setting.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:27:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#25]
Also, for any person reading this thread, I fully intend to comply with this unconstitutional tyranny to the letter and not buy, transfer, or sell any assault rifle, or any parts or accessories thereof, should our glorious elected representatives deem it a pious cause
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I am generally of the mindset that the stores won't survive. That's the goal with this, because outright confiscation is a bridge too far. Kill the supply, destroy the market, and eventually it'll fall out of use. In the meantime, it's one more checkmark for gun-control dominance by the left to use in a federal setting.
View Quote

Between this and the liability law, I could see this taking out a very significant percent of gun stores. I already know of two that shut down from the liability one. I think this is 100% the strategy they're going for now that homemade ones are banned.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Also, for any person reading this thread, I fully intend to comply with this unconstitutional tyranny to the letter and not buy, transfer, or sell any assault rifle, or any parts or accessories thereof, should our glorious elected representatives deem it a pious cause
View Quote

Especially since the new EE has Aids.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#28]

I'm torn on your point.

I think they've soft-resisted as much as they can. I don't think they could weather the storm of this AWB passing. I don't see how any firearm retailer other than cabelas or bass pro or scheels could survive it. So I think if it passes, they are in a bad, bad spot.

My LGS, who is extremely vocal on these infringements, doesn't care one bit about the mag ban. However, when the brace ban came around, every single one was taken off the wall/floor. I know, fed vs state, but they complied.

However, I do think a couple would resist - find some kind of loophole or unwritten exemption. They'd be running a razors edge though. One slip up or bad press and it's all over.

View Quote

On top of the issues you mention, the stores have to have insurance. Especially if they have a range, but in general all retail stores of any sort have to have some sort of insurance. Insurance comapnies might not want to mess with a client who is playing chicken with local gun laws.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Can kicked, scheduled for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SullanMarch:
Can kicked, scheduled for tomorrow.
View Quote

Good comms thanks for the update
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:24:35 PM EDT
[#31]

On top of the issues you mention, the stores have to have insurance. Especially if they have a range, but in general all retail stores of any sort have to have some sort of insurance. Insurance comapnies might not want to mess with a client who is playing chicken with local gun laws.
View Quote

Absolutely. And unless they go 100% cash'n'carry, they have a bank. And that bank ain't gonna want to see charges for "assault rifles" on em.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

The fact that it is as extreme as it is might make it easier to strike down. It defacto looks to ban all semi autos as well as the ability to repair your own arms, which is another tack to take with it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#33]

The fact that it is as extreme as it is might make it easier to strike down. It defacto looks to ban all semi autos as well as the ability to repair your own arms, which is another tack to take with it.
View Quote

This is the new tactic.

They tried outright ban, didn't work.

They tried ammo bans and regulations. Didn't work.

Now they're on to sales and repairs. It worked in Washington. It worked in Indiana (I think? Aren't sales all fucked up there now?) It's the new push.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:33:49 PM EDT
[#34]

This is the new tactic.

They tried outright ban, didn't work.

They tried ammo bans and regulations. Didn't work.

Now they're on to sales and repairs. It worked in Washington. It worked in Indiana (I think? Aren't sales all fucked up there now?) It's the new push.
View Quote

I'm not up on lawsuits in WA against it. But I'd assume there is one. There are a shitload in IL that are moving forward.
If this actually makes it all the way I assume RMGO or CSSA will sue the next day, but shit will take time and money to fight till SCOTUS says otherwise. But legally they have no leg to stand on post Bruen on any of it. Lol there were no laws banning parts or sales or AWs etc.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#35]
The CO house passed the budget today, so much more likely we'll see movement on the AWB soon. Let's hope not.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#36]
The CO house passed the budget today, so much more likely we'll see movement on the AWB soon. Let's hope not.
View Quote

Hope not as well. Emailed again this morning.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:20:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#37]

I'm not up on lawsuits in WA against it. But I'd assume there is one. There are a shitload in IL that are moving forward.
If this actually makes it all the way I assume RMGO or CSSA will sue the next day, but shit will take time and money to fight till SCOTUS says otherwise. But legally they have no leg to stand on post Bruen on any of it. Lol there were no laws banning parts or sales or AWs etc.
View Quote

I know they'll sue. And they don't have a leg to stand on pre Bruen either, but here we are.

I don't recall the other states cases except Washington. All I know is this seems to be the new trend in lawfare from Brady campaign and mom's demand bedroom action. They draft a bill and pay sympathetic lawyers to comb it for passability. Then find a couple junior communist reps to sign on, and were off to the races.

I want a young, conservative, almost libertarian junior rep I can pass draft bills to with a 20 folded in as well
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone know when the legislative session ends this year?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

May 8th
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#40]

May 8th
View All Quotes

May 8th

Man, that's alot of runway.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#41]

May 8th
View Quote

Fuuuck. In the past it was late march or early april.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Man, that's alot of runway.
View Quote

Fuuuck. In the past it was late march or early april.
View Quote

Not ideal. They have a lot of time to dick around with all the bills in process this year.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Not ideal. They have a lot of time to dick around with all the bills in process this year.
View Quote

Well. Gotta keep spamming the fuckers is about all we can do and hope that RMGO or whomever has some tricks up their sleeve.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I think the word is out. My LGS (Triple J Armory) told me they got in three pallets of customer transfer guns this morning....
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#45]
If it makes it there will 100% be a suit. The main question is if it will be stayed like previous efforts.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#46]
I think the word is out. My LGS (Triple J Armory) told me they got in three pallets of customer transfer guns this morning....
View Quote

My fedex guy dropped off a case of 5.56 for me on Monday. I went out to tip him for carrying that bitch to the garage. He asked me wtf was going on, he had 15x more deliveries marked hazmat that weighed 60lbs. I gave him the skinny, he just cursed haha.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#47]

My fedex guy dropped off a case of 5.56 for me on Monday. I went out to tip him for carrying that bitch to the garage. He asked me wtf was going on, he had 15x more deliveries marked hazmat that weighed 60lbs. I gave him the skinny, he just cursed haha.
View Quote

Is ammo somehow affected by the ban?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Is ammo somehow affected by the ban?
View Quote

No but it looks like people are stocking up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, I have my order of priorty on this shit, rifles and repair parts are the top of that.

Also here is a decent piece on all the bullshit. Likely won't matter but at least its a national news outlet

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colorado-dems-push-sweeping-gun-control-laws-flying-under-national-radar-public-fed-up
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#50]
I spoke to my local gun guy at Murdochs.

Even the big boys are watching this closely. We can't blink but my gut is telling me they are dangling this carrot to distract us from the other stuff they are trying to push through.

The vagueness of how this bill is written is also in our favor.
Page / 12
Top Top