Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2024 1:20:05 PM EDT
I've lived in Idaho for over 30 years and have never once seen a stink bug, nor have I heard anyone mention them, but I found 2 in my house this morning. I'm guessing they arrived in a delivery box, but Google says there have been a couple of reports in the Treasure Valley.  Anyone have experience with these in Idaho?
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in Central Idaho and see them outdoors occasionally, the brown ones. This year we will see many more due to our mild winter along with many others and Californians.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, these were brown. And I'm loving this mild weather, but not everything that comes with it. lol
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:56:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IdahoPCCinc] [#3]
Originally Posted By BoiseG:
I've lived in Idaho for over 30 years and have never once seen a stink bug, nor have I heard anyone mention them, but I found 2 in my house this morning. I'm guessing they arrived in a delivery box, but Google says there have been a couple of reports in the Treasure Valley.  Anyone have experience with these in Idaho?
View Quote

SW Idaho they are common from April-May to Oct.
Haven't seen many from Nov-March during the cold temps.

What part of the state are do you live in ??

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
There are a lot in the Newport area. We had them bad in Republic from around 2000 on. They are newer arrivals in the Newport area. Seems like they are migrating east.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IdahoPCCinc:

SW Idaho they are common from April-May to Oct.
Haven't seen many from Nov-March during the cold temps.

What part of the state are do you live in ??

View Quote

I'm in Boise. I found 2 in one day, but no more.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#7]
We get these ones seemingly all the time. They fuckin' reek.

Just a few weeks/months ago I noticed these ones. They smell exactly like almond extract. Honestly a pleasant smell.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That aroma is the extra Chaga's. As attractive as they are, don't go kissing them.

Yes, we have those up North, too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 1:35:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Have had a ton come in with the firewood up north this year
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I just found one in my hot tub this afternoon. No, I wasn't taking a dip at noon on a Monday, I was draining it so I don't have to deal with keeping it going when our highs drop into the singles or negatives.

I haven't seen any with firewood, but I cut my own wood.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I worked outdoors near gooding Idaho and saw A crap ton in the bennet hills.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes. I used to see them all the time as a kid. We lived in Southwest in a rural area.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Here in Northern Idaho we have them really bad, I kill a few each day in the house.

They're way worse in the fall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top