Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2024 8:04:27 PM EDT
https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1747384319981830185?s=46

This state has gone off the rails faster than i could have ever imagined.  

This passes I'm out. I already can barely afford to survive with the inflation and stagnant wages, but this will be the final straw.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats the million dollar question where to move to.  I could hop the border to NH my jobs only 15 minutes from the border, but realistically how long until some jack ass like mills gets elected there and ruins that state.  

I really enjoy being close to the ocean I'm leaning towards the carolinas right now if i have to go.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
What the actual fuck. They're really trying to do as much damage as they can as quickly as possible.

Written testimony can be submitted to the Judiciary Committee here . Select "Judiciary" from the committee dropdown, and then select the hearing date.

In this case, the date is a bit confusing since the initial hearing was last year, May 12th 2023 at 1:00pm. Select *that* date and time, and look for LD 1735.

No action was taken on the bill last May, but it was carried over to the current session. Written testimony can still be submitted.

The testimony already received from last year's session can be found here .
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 6:03:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glmf40] [#5]
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KReynolds:
Thats the million dollar question where to move to.  I could hop the border to NH my jobs only 15 minutes from the border, but realistically how long until some jack ass like mills gets elected there and ruins that state.  

I really enjoy being close to the ocean I'm leaning towards the carolinas right now if i have to go.
View Quote

Do what I did and just go to the deep red south if you can. Lower taxes, cheaper gas, more opportunities where I am....no negatives. I really don't miss Maine at all. Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By glmf40:

Unfortunately I have to convince the wife. The Deep South isn’t going to happen and not convinced about conservative values down there. No sure there is any state in the US that isn’t threatened by the commies!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Exetik:
Originally Posted By KReynolds:

Do what I did and just go to the deep red south if you can. Lower taxes, cheaper gas, more opportunities where I am....no negatives. I really don't miss Maine at all. Good luck to you.

Unfortunately I have to convince the wife. The Deep South isn’t going to happen and not convinced about conservative values down there. No sure there is any state in the US that isn’t threatened by the commies!

Yup.  Wife is happy here, ive been stationed in the south and it was hot and way to much crime for my liking. Ill just stay and do my part fighting and voting
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Luckily I was able to make a clean break and move out. Just about any place here is better than what is going on in Maine. It’s weird to be in a place that actually pushes conservative (mostly) ideas instead of fighting against the communism up north. Plus no snow or salt which is nice. Hopefully someday you can escape if that is what you want.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Northern Maine is one of the greatest places to live in thr world.

In 2010 there was a referendum of sorts to split the state in two.

How would this be done?

The northern and southern populace are black and white, and already topographically decided.

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#12]

I started snowmobiling in Aroostook county in 1998 and was blown away by the difference in that area vs southern Maine where I live. But I still sled and atv up north. Sadly have seen changes even up in the County. It’s still way better up there but the commies are creeping in even up there. The average voter is an idiot
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By campower:
Northern Maine is one of the greatest places to live in thr world.

In 2010 there was a referendum of sorts to split the state in two.

How would this be done?

The northern and southern populace are black and white, and already topographically decided.

I started snowmobiling in Aroostook county in 1998 and was blown away by the difference in that area vs southern Maine where I live. But I still sled and atv up north. Sadly have seen changes even up in the County. It’s still way better up there but the commies are creeping in even up there. The average voter is an idiot

the stupid voters are everywhere now, cant run from it anymore…
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top