Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2024 6:54:42 PM EDT
Looks like rental of firearms is covered in the 5 day mandatory waiting period. Perhaps it'll give the VA gun shops depending on rental revenue something to think about, and perhaps be more supportive of VCDL. But I doubt it.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?241+sum+SB273
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:36:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ambridge77] [#1]
Suhas Subramanyam.  

He moved up from being my Delegate to my State Senator,  replacing John Bell.

If VA gun shops didn't support 2A rights, should I feel sympathy for them,
even though I benefit by their continued existence?

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:
Suhas Subramanyam.  

He moved up from being my Delegate to my State Senator,  replacing John Bell.

If VA gun shops didn't support 2A rights, should I feel sympathy for them,
even though I benefit by their continued existence?

View Quote

I don't really buy the idea that the gun shops are okay with an awb either, given that anything with a threaded barrel is now an assault weapon, and it would go to figure that this would torpedo suppressor and other accessory sales, which are higher margin.

Remember that the goal is to ban assault weapons, and then move that definition to include everything. You see it in how the statistics quoted in the hearings have changed - according to them, 90% of shootings occur with assault weapons. Which could be true if you expand the definition to be anything but a revolver.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:37:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ambridge77] [#3]
You're not wrong. I just wish gun stores would do more.

@homeyclaus
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:
You're not wrong. I just wish gun stores would do more.

@homeyclaus
View Quote

I asked at one today and they have not heard anything about it. Oof. You'd think they have signs up for people to call their governor, and to have their representatives call their governor, at this point.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

I asked at one today and they have not heard anything about it. Oof. You'd think they have signs up for people to call their governor, and to have their representatives call their governor, at this point.
View Quote

I'm not surprised about gun shops not really caring about what laws they pass. The point is regardless of what sort of restrictions you have, they can still make a profit from that. So they're not really worried even if they were back to selling flintlocks.

What I'm REALLY surprised about though is the lack of motivation from our voters. It saddens me that people would a) not believe that it'll happen, and b) when it does, go haywire trying to buy it before the grandfather deadline.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Hell, HALF of Virginia’s gun owners are too stupid to be bothered to vote against their own extinction

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Makarov:
Hell, HALF of Virginia's gun owners are too stupid to be bothered to vote against their own extinction

View Quote

Yep.
Quite a few dumbass groups.
1. Proposed laws? What propose laws, I ain't heard nuttin.
2. FUDD's
3. I Gots Mines
4. Not going to happen here
5. Someone else will take care of it.
6. and the wonderful Muh Candidate Ain't pure.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:15:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#8]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:

Yep.
2. FUDD's
3. I Gots Mines
View Quote

I sincerely believe #6 is something the dems are pushing heavily upon. Last night I was watching CNN debate panel about the SC primaries and they brought up some interesting statistics about the voters. Most of the ones voting (I think near or above half of the votes) for Haley are voting AGAINST Trump but on top of that they won't vote for him in the general if he wins the primary. To me, that sums up the kind of push the left is trying to make because it gives them the votes they need by you either sitting out or voting against your candidate. It also sums up what happened back in 2018 when the state first had a big switch. Bloomberg and Soros are both putting their money into this new trend and it's something I think going to play a huge part in the coming election and beyond.

I sincerely believe our country is screwed. I'm just worried since I'm middle age now that in a short time from now I'm going to be a senior citizen and need help. I just worry about the kind of help I'm going to get.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dalle0001:

I sincerely believe #6 is something the dems are pushing heavily upon. Last night I was watching CNN debate panel about the SC primaries and they brought up some interesting statistics about the voters. Most of the ones voting (I think near or above half of the votes) for Haley are voting AGAINST Trump but on top of that they won't vote for him in the general if he wins the primary. To me, that sums up the kind of push the left is trying to make because it gives them the votes they need by you either sitting out or voting against your candidate. It also sums up what happened back in 2018 when the state first had a big switch. Bloomberg and Soros are both putting their money into this new trend and it's something I think going to play a huge part in the coming election and beyond.

I sincerely believe our country is screwed. I'm just worried since I'm middle age now that in a short time from now I'm going to be a senior citizen and need help. I just worry about the kind of help I'm going to get.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dalle0001:
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:

Yep.
2. FUDD's
3. I Gots Mines

Be more worried that you're someone aging that's speaking out against the groupthink prevailing in the country. When questioning is an act of resistance ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top