Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2024 12:49:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterTwo]
What: Redwolf 2 Gun Challenge

Where: Angry Emu Range

When: 01/21/2024 10AM - safety meeting/stage planning, overnight camping on Saturday night for those interested, will also be trying out night stages Saturday

There will be 5 stages which are generally created with input from everyone.  At a minimum a pistol, rifle, ammo, & spare mags is generally all you need.  Holsters, slings, & mag pouches are recommended though.  Ranges for pistols are generally 10-25 yards & 50-200 yards for rifles.  2-3 pistol (15rd mags) & 1-2 rifle mags (30rd mags) is usually enough to get through a stage.  Stages can include running, barriers, reloads, & other fun challenges we come up with as the day goes on.  Feel free to ask any questions or offer suggestions.

Participants:
MisterTwo
YaBoyKGTho
7mm-08
RattleCanAR +1
swolliepop
CaseYellow1940 +1
KnowScot
billytehbob
IHTFP08
grey50beast +2
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Most likely in
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
In

Before I check any schedules, calendars, wife, RLF, son, bum on the street corner, tweaker stalker deaf girl in the backseat….
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
In, plus 1
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Possibly.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
should be gtg for sunday only.

mistertwo & i need practice.

no complex retard stages this time, please….
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#7]
In plus 1
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:19:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterTwo] [#8]
I'd like to try something new that was suggested to help collect funds/donations to buy a car port for the range. Since permanent structures are a no go, a large car port seems like the best bet for shade and cover from rain out at the range. Anyone have any objections to asking for a range donation for each 2 gun? What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MisterTwo:
I'd like to try something new that was suggested to help collect funds/donations to buy a car port for the range. Since permanent structures are a no go, a large car port seems like the best bet for shade and cover from rain out at the range. Anyone have any objections to adding a match fee or buy in to pool. Winner would get their buy in back or something along those lines. What do you guys think?
View Quote

Do it.  

We are dangerously close to being able to afford one and I just got the new trailer to be able to haul it out there.

A car port will also allow us to bring more formal trainings to EMU in the future, similar to the Greenline Classes we brought in Sept.

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd pay into a pot or match fee that went to range improvement.

I'll be there for the 21st
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I’m sure I can make this one
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd like to try something new that was suggested to help collect funds/donations to buy a car port for the range. Since permanent structures are a no go, a large car port seems like the best bet for shade and cover from rain out at the range. Anyone have any objections to adding a match fee or buy in to pool. Winner would get their buy in back or something along those lines. What do you guys think?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:49:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterTwo] [#13]
Who's done for night stages on Saturday?

$20 good as far as a range donation goes?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#14]

$20 good as far as a match fee goes?
View Quote

I am good with the $20, I can't make a night stage this month.  I will be there in the morning with a +1 as mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#15]
It’s my call weekend. No chance I can go.   Y’all have fun.

Anyone in the htf who has used the range should be happy to throw in a 20.  Don’t limit your requests for cash here, hit up the htf, especially since there is a clear goal for the funds.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:58:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Luny421] [#16]

$20 good as far as a match fee goes?
View Quote

I can’t make it but pm me your venmo and I’m in for $20 for range improvements

ETA y’all try not to freeze out there
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:49:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

I can’t make it but pm me your venmo and I’m in for $20 for range improvements

ETA y’all try not to freeze out there
View Quote

I'll try and fail. My Miami bones will be struggling.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#18]
bros im in for sure. not sure about camping.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm assuming no one will be camping or is interested in night stages for this weekend. Let me know otherwise. I'm willing to freeze my ass if anyone else is.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm assuming no one will be camping or is interested in night stages for this weekend. Let me know otherwise. I'm willing to freeze my ass if anyone else is.
View Quote

if you’ll keep me warm & pay my $20 cover charge…….

saturday is date night; i plan to be there with kgboy sunday.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:05:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grey50beast] [#21]
I'm in this weekend. Hell to the naw camping.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:16:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Emu] [#22]
It has just occurred to me that the zoning where the range is located precludes operating it as a commercial venture. Requiring a $20 fee to shoot the 2-gun event could conceivably be construed as a commercial undertaking. As such, I am going to have to veto the idea of charging to shoot at the range!

HOWEVER: I see no reason that we cannot have a non-compulsory, suggested donation, of $20 at the event, with the funds being utilized for the above mentioned, non-permanent, carport structure.

I would hate to see us lose the ability to utilize the range because of the remote possibility that someone could think that the range was being used as a commercial, for-profit, enterprise. Wording is everything!!! It would be a terrible shame to accidentally run afoul of the zoning, over a poorly worded post!!!

Donations = GOOD!!!!  Fees = BAD!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:

if you’ll keep me warm & pay my $20 cover charge…….

saturday is date night; i plan to be there with kgboy sunday.
View Quote

Only if you give me a discount on your onlyfans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Emu:
It has just occurred to me that the zoning where the range is located precludes operating it as a commercial venture. Requiring a $20 fee to shoot the 2-gun event could conceivably be construed as a commercial undertaking. As such, I am going to have to veto the idea of charging to shoot at the range!

HOWEVER: I see no reason that we cannot have a non-compulsory, suggested donation, of $20 at the event, with the funds being utilized for the above mentioned, non-permanent, carport structure.

I would hate to see us lose the ability to utilize the range because of the remote possibility that someone could think that the range was being used as a commercial, for-profit, enterprise.
Wording is everything!!! It would be a terrible shame to accidentally run afoul of the zoning, over a poorly worded post!!!

Donations = GOOD!!!!  Fees = BAD!!!!
View Quote

My bad, forgot we wanted to avoid using such verbage. I'll update my posts
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Emu:
View Quote

Emu the GOAT has spoken lol

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Only if you give me a discount on your onlyfans.
View Quote

Emu has this month’s promo code… see ya sunday.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:29:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grey50beast] [#28]
Plus 2.

ETA make that plus 3.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#29]
I hope a fire is started.  Just saying.

me +1
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#30]
I’m out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out today and as usual to @Emu for the range. Despite the fridgid temperature this morning, we had a strong turnout. Congrats to Russell on continuing his winning streak. We ended the day with a bracket/shoot off on the dueling tree which was a ton of fun again. I think we can add that as a permanent fixture to end the day now. Thanks also to everyone who donated.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#34]
damn, wish i knew who won the ballsack foregrip.

havent seen a photo posted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top