Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2024 7:04:13 PM EDT
So I'm being that guy who can’t change his own oil

I purchased a few Glocks/Glock slides  from the wife of a good friend who passed away last year. What I’d like to do is switch some sights around from one slide to another, and have a new set installed on a separate slide.

I’m pretty sure the sights my friend put on the G19 I now have are off; POI past 7 yards is inches left of POA, which is why I’d rather have someone who knows what they’re doing and has the right tools do it.

I realize this is as basic as it gets with basic tools…insert the usual buts and reasons why I can’t here.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
First make sure it is unloaded.  Then, pointed in a safe direction, put a penny on the front sight and pull the trigger.  If it falls off, it may not be the sights.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By glock23carry:
First make sure it is unloaded.  Then, pointed in a safe direction, put a penny on the front sight and pull the trigger.  If it falls off, it may not be the sights.
View Quote

Guess I set myself up for that
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Low/left is classic anticipation of recoil.  Apologies if that is not the case.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

No worries sir, quite alright, I am definitely guilty of that.

It’s been my goal this year to work on it. Two clinics and some dry fire later it’s much improved.

Hits are spot on-ish out to 7 yards then drift directly left at 10+
Still horizontal midline of the target, just left of center a few inches.

My friend who owned the pistol before me loved to DIY and tinker with everything. He probably installed 2 or 3 sets of sights on the gun until he settled on these. I suspect the rear is just a touch out of center. I shot 2 of my pistols with factory sights immediately afterwards and POI was still POA at 10, ish

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

My experience with low left shooters is often not enough support hand.  Either can be true but anticipating the recoil generally ends up straight down instead of low left.

OP, how about buying a sight pusher and the front sight tool and watch a couple of Youtube videos.  Changing sights is really quite easy on Glocks.  You will learn a skill and could help someone out in the future with it also.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:12:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SonofLiberty1775] [#6]
I know of one in Winchester but it doesn't sound practical to pay an armorer for something like that.
As Tipsovr said, just buy a rear sight pusher tool and do it yourself. You will likely use it more than once anyhow.
If the point of impact is Left of point of aim, push the rear sight Right to move the line of aim to match the point of impact.
Another way of saying it is: move the rear sight the same direction that you want to move the point of impact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top