Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2024 10:11:18 PM EDT
Just looking for some local insights. Wife and I are looking to secure another piece of property and have our eyes on a big ring around Roanoke. So far we've been focused around Bent Mountain down towards Rocky Mount but are open to a lot. We know what we want need in the parcel but just curious about the areas. Good eats, where i definitely don't want to be looking, local ranges, shops, etc

i spend a fair amount of time around NRV for work but would like to stay further east to northeast from Blacksburg or Christianburg

Appreciate any insights or opinions
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
There’s a decent outdoor range just past Blacksburg, hit 460 West and go a little ways past VA Tech, on Craig Creek road.

Christiansburg has a couple good restaurants, Due South BBQ, and Dude’s drive in.

The Roanoker was my favorite place in the city, but it shut down a couple years ago. 611 Steak Company is a pretty close second, though. There’s a bunch of little places in Salem along east main, can’t remember all the names, but it’s a wide variety. Diners, steakhouses, a friggin’ smoothie place.

Roanoke has two really good gun shops, doomsday and safeside. Safeside’s also got a nice indoor range, too. Trader Jerry’s in Salem is usually worth stopping by, too. There’s also Whitetail Outfitters in Floyd.

Not sure what you’re looking for as far as land. There’s a wooded/undeveloped 14 acre parcel in Elliston for $35K last I checked, just outside of Shawsville. It’s a tiny little town on route 11, less than 10 minutes south of Salem. Been up for sale for a couple years at least, it was $42K awhile back. Best price/location I’ve seen for that amount of land, but it’ll take some work to build a home there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top