Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2024 7:16:22 PM EDT
I'm looking to put together a small shoot for about a dozen people(most of whom live in or around Louisville). Any ranges (preferably outdoors) or public accessible land within an hour or so of Louisville that would be friendly to and able to accommodate a group shooting centerfire pistols, rifles, and shotguns?

Knob Creek is a last resort due to a previous negative experience with one of their RSOs while I was there as part of another small group.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Clark State forest in Indiana is a good bet.
$5 a person. Sign in at the Forest Office
No RSO, no supervision. I believe the range is ~100-125 yards.

There's 5 large shooting tables set up, so you can technically have 10 shooters without getting too crowded.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CreativeBall:
Clark State forest in Indiana is a good bet.
$5 a person. Sign in at the Forest Office
No RSO, no supervision. I believe the range is ~100-125 yards.

There's 5 large shooting tables set up, so you can technically have 10 shooters without getting too crowded.
View Quote

Thanks. I was unaware of this range. I'll have to check it out. Their rules say no full-auto and no targets other than paper, though. That's kind of a bummer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
There's not really anyone there to enforce anything.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CreativeBall:
There's not really anyone there to enforce anything.

Just saying.
View Quote

I have had a park officer come by and enforce having permits, cleanup, etc.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
What day of the week was it?
I've been going there for the past two years twice a month on Saturdays. Haven't seen any park staff.

Also I talked to the one lady who's there every day practically to collect brass, and she says worst they do about steel is ask you to put it away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top