Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2023 3:22:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Guitargod1985]
I may be visiting Mississippi in the future.

I see that they have Constitutional carry but that their enhanced carry license allows carry in some additional places not allowed without a license or with the standard license.

Mississippi honors the license issued from my state.

Does anyone know if an out-of-state license is treated as a standard or enhanced license?
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Guitargod1985:
I may be visiting Mississippi in the future.

I see that they have Constitutional carry but that their enhanced carry license allows carry in some additional places not allowed without a license or with the standard license.

Mississippi honors the license issued from my state.

Does anyone know if an out-of-state license is treated as a standard or enhanced license?
View Quote

Standard.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#3]
You'll be fine as long as you don't do anything to call attention to yourself. Most people here assume everyone is carrying.

If you do find yourself in a position of being questioned about about carrying, or denied entry, don't assume that security or law enforcement has an understanding of the law. You aren't going to win the argument in that moment.

Metal detectors and other sensors are starting to pop up, so if you see those, you can assume that you *probably*  won't be allowed to carry past them, even if the law says you can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top