Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2022 1:46:27 PM EDT
Hey all,

New to ARFCOM.   Been living in Olive Branch for around five years now.  Dont really know anybody in the firearms community aside from Joey that owns SouthRn Guns in Nesbit.  Got a couple builds going on right now but still pretty new to the game.  Does anybody ever have a get together and do some target shooting?   I always hear something going on down behind my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry man, you're about as far from me as you can get and still be a MS resident.  But good luck.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Sorry man, you're about as far from me as you can get and still be a MS resident.  But good luck.
View Quote

You down on the coast?   Been down there a few times for gun shows.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a few of us in the area. Hasn't been a real meetup in a while, other than Cola Warrior stuff.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By miker84:
There's a few of us in the area. Hasn't been a real meetup in a while, other than Cola Warrior stuff.
View Quote
  We did the auto museum although that's been a while too.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Fugitive:
View Quote

If that is going to happen again I would love to do it.  Im a bit of a gearhead.    Anybody else into mid to late 90s GM sports cars and trucks?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome Nitrous, I'm north of Meridian, don't know a thing about your area.

I had some kind of login snafu for too long, that has been fixed, I feel like a new member.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 3:51:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lay] [#7]
Originally Posted By NitrousPowrdSS:
Hey all,

New to ARFCOM.   Been living in Olive Branch for around five years now.  Dont really know anybody in the firearms community aside from Joey that owns SouthRn Guns in Nesbit.  Got a couple builds going on right now but still pretty new to the game.  Does anybody ever have a get together and do some target shooting?   I always hear something going on down behind my neighborhood.
View Quote

I have a feeling you live in or near my brothers neighborhood. Welcome to the site.

Forgot to add if you’re looking for matches, TGC in Abbeville does precision 22 matches throughout the year on their 100yard range. Also they’ve started holding pistol competitions with a bunch of steel setup.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#8]

If that is going to happen again I would love to do it.  Im a bit of a gearhead.    Anybody else into mid to late 90s GM sports cars and trucks?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sadly it won't happen again. There was a collection of the late Frank Spain, who brought tv to North MS. After he died his widow donated it and a museum was built for a charity. Unfortunately, it didn't draw very well and the collection was auctioned off and that money donated
 Some of us met up and toured it just before it closed. It was an awesome collection.  
Wikipedia Page.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#9]
 Sadly it won't happen again. There was a collection of the late Frank Spain, who brought tv to North MS. After he died his widow donated it and a museum was built for a charity. Unfortunately, it didn't draw very well and the collection was auctioned off and that money donated
 Some of us met up and toured it just before it closed. It was an awesome collection.  
Wikipedia Page.
View Quote

Well thats a bummer.  Further evidence of my theory that nothing good ever comes to the Mid South and stays.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Lay:

I have a feeling you live in or near my brothers neighborhood. Welcome to the site.

Forgot to add if you’re looking for matches, TGC in Abbeville does precision 22 matches throughout the year on their 100yard range. Also they’ve started holding pistol competitions with a bunch of steel setup.
View Quote

Possibly.  Im over by the NAPA in OB.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in Desoto as well, although not OB.  I'm in Hernando.

The Gun Shop in Hernando has a lot of stuff in stock, or at least they did the last time I was in there.  Sometimes you can find a deal at Weasel's in Nesbit but you have to be in there at the right time.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#12]
A few dozen miles down 61, in Cleveland, Here. Welcome aboard!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#13]
OP,

I'm in Desoto County as well. I run the competitions and training for Zero Theory. A lot of it happens at the Desoto Rifle & Pistol club about 30 min South of you. We do a lot of carbine and DMR stuff. Currently we're putting together the training/match schedule for Spring and Summer.

We have a DMR/RECCE match coming up on Jan 7. Even if you're not ready to shoot it, you should consider coming out to watch. We do our best to make it safe, fun, fair, and laid back. Always a good group of folks.

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By riotsuit:
OP,

I'm in Desoto County as well. I run the competitions and training for Zero Theory. A lot of it happens at the Desoto Rifle & Pistol club about 30 min South of you. We do a lot of carbine and DMR stuff. Currently we're putting together the training/match schedule for Spring and Summer.

We have a DMR/RECCE match coming up on Jan 7. Even if you're not ready to shoot it, you should consider coming out to watch. We do our best to make it safe, fun, fair, and laid back. Always a good group of folks.

View Quote

I have been meaning to get down there and check it out.   Ive got alot going on right now with work and trying to get my shop finished (building a driveway this weekend) but things should clear up soon.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Anybody know anything about the new Range Master going in right south of Stateline Road?
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By miker84:
View Quote

Cola Warrior? Sounds lame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top