Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2023 11:49:33 AM EDT
So 2.5 yrs ago my wife n I decided to move to Maine. Bought 14 acres and f'n love it. But I don't have much time for anything now that we have all this land and the work that goes with it. And we got a couple goats an chickens so we're busy.  I'm looking to advance my 20+ years of self trained shooting skills to a new level and was wondering where u all recommend for in state. I'd like to keep with the same training institute for now. It'd be for ccw, carbine, maybe shotty too. I was looking at SRT Concepts as they're close to me and I like their prices. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.  
P.S. nobody told me how I would never be able to keep ammo stocked when I can step out on my back deck naked, and mag dump an AR at a dead tree for shits n giggles. Now I see there WAS a benefit to not having my own range!
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]
https://libertyfirearmsacademy.com/

This place its great. My wife went and loved it. The guy knows his stuff!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Cumberland County
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
A buddy has taken several SRT concepts classes and loved them.

Someone usually brings John "Shrek" McPhee (Sheriff of Baghdad) to Maine once a year but I just looked and his classes here in September are sold out.

Sig can be a good choice.

A small group of us pay for private instruction from a recently retired deputy who used to be on the tac team / was a firearms instructor a couple times a year.

Other than that, it's catch-as-catch-can. I find shooting matches can be helpful. USPSA, 3 gun, 2 gun. I've been lucky enough to get squadded with some of Sig's pro shooters a few times and just watching them / listening to them (some of them are awesome about giving tips) was a huge help.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Moved here three years ago and I'm intrigued by the desire to be shooting off my back deck in my boxers, too.  I've read it elsewhere and wonder if it's a "thing" with new arrivals to MAine having lived in a uber restrictive state for most of their lives.   ;)
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a desire that is totally worth satisfying 😌
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I've taken most of the SRT Concepts courses. Very good training at a reasonable price point. Also very low ego which is a big plus.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool, works for me then. I'll give them a try. Thanks for the input folks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top