Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2024 11:52:11 PM EDT
Im in charleston sc. my father in pittsfield died. Im supposed to be the heir. How do i find out about his vehicles and assests? The police already botched the deal. Instead of calling the coroner they just said hes dead and called a funeral home to get the body. So the coroner called the funeral home and got the body so they could do their job. Aka cause of death and death certificate . From what im told his sister and brother cleaned out my fathers place. How do i find out accounts and other things? The funeral home has already sent me emails to sign to release his body for cremation so his brother and sister can get the ashes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm very sorry for your loss.

You need an attorney in your late Father's area. One who specializes in dealing with estates.

Sadly, it sounds like your situation is going to get messy with the other relatives laying claim to his assets, so you really need a professional to defend your rights and fulfill your late Father's wishes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top