Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2024 9:23:31 PM EDT
Courts Toss 'Bus Camera' Tickets for Lack of Evidence

Lack of evidence - they can't prove that the bus is properly marked; or that the yellows were on for 7 seconds prior to the bus stopping; or that there were students actively entering/exiting the buses.

Anybody who got one of these tickets should also sue the camera company and the bus company for damages...

(And if they change the cameras to film the kids then the parents should also sue...)
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes Suffolk County was where this all started. They were ticketing people with wild abandon. People were getting ticketed when an empty school bus was stopped at a Dunkin and the lights were flashing while the driver was picking up an order. One guy had enough and initiated the suit that caused it all to crash down. I am not against ticketing people for not stopping but the camera system is broken. I had a school bus turn it red lights on just as I was passing. Was Nassau County so no program but I saved the dashcam video because if anything came of it I would have shown I approached on a yellow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top