Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2024 4:03:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh for gods sake.

Maine has been the bastion of gun rights and safest places in the country for a long time.

What happened was terrible, in every way, but literally the most extreme exception.  

I wonder what the ratio is to:
AR's owned to AR's used to kill/harm innocents
Cars owned to cars involved in accidents where people get hurt/killed
Illegal drugs used to illegal drugs causing harm

Lets focus on the greatest total harm more than the infinitesimally smallest.  I'm picking the drugs example.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Britbike2001:
Oh for gods sake.

Maine has been the bastion of gun rights and safest places in the country for a long time.

What happened was terrible, in every way, but literally the most extreme exception.  

I wonder what the ratio is to:
AR's owned to AR's used to kill/harm innocents
Cars owned to cars involved in accidents where people get hurt/killed
Illegal drugs used to illegal drugs causing harm

Lets focus on the greatest total harm more than the infinitesimally smallest.  I'm picking the drugs example.
View Quote

No kidding.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
<sigh> time to write some more snippy emails
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend had questioned how the gunman go away with it considering the number of people who carry here

I think the kids night at the bowling alley was a pretty soft target, I bet a lot of people who may carry didn't.  Its tough to concealed carry and sit around watching bowling and definitely hard to actually bowl.

The bar is entirely different as one cannot carry there so that's a very easy target.

I had this on my mind while out at a bar with friends awhile ago.  

Situational awareness is the best we've got but that's not much with someone like this lunatic.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for making me do more research

You, of course, are correct, unless you are under the influence you are good to go, regardless of the type of establishment.

I was in Mass when pondering this and now that I've done more research, the laws there are the same as Maine for carry in a restaurant or bar.  I'm not sure where I incorrectly learned that one couldn't carry in these establishments but I was wrong.

Getting a MA LTC was a huge pain in the ass, and you literally have to renew six months before your LTC expires because their bureaucracy is so shitty but I'd advise everyone to go through the process and get a MA LTC.  I feel so much better when in Lowell, Holyoke, Lawrence, Boston, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top