Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2024 9:11:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms]
I am not a MA resident and do not have any MA permits.  I'll be there for a month and my understanding is that I should be allowed to bring these firearms:

- Mossberg 590 18.5" pump shotgun
- Henry Youth Lever Action .22lr
- Ruger 22/45 Mark IV Lite .22lr w/ threaded barrel or GSG .22lr 1911 w/ threaded barrel?

Also just to be clear, .22lr handguns are different than centerfire handguns, right?  I should be able to bring a .22lr handgun with a 10 round or less mag, but not a Glock 19 with a 10rd mag.

Can anybody help confirm that?  I'm unsure if the threaded barrel on a .22lr handgun is a problem or not.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Without an FID card or LTC, you may not possess any firearm or ammunition or even components.

Go in your backyard and pick out a pointy stick to carry around with you.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#2]
No, you can't bring any of that with you.

There are narrow exceptions for unlicensed non-residents that basically cover bringing a hunting rifle or shotgun for use while hunting.

MA regulates simple possession. Without a MA license, possession of even a single round of ammunition is unlawful. A person with a MA non-resident license cannot even legally purchase ammunition in MA.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Well crap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top