Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2024 5:23:25 PM EDT
A-5873, Requires Extreme Risk Protection Orders to be reported to the statewide computerized registry of orders of protection and certain warrants of arrest, advanced to 3rd Reading. Companion S-3340 on 3rd Reading.

S-8586, Requires a criminal history background check for the purchase of a three-dimensional printer capable of creating firearms; prohibits sale to a person who would be disqualified on the basis of criminal history from being granted a license to possess a firearm, introduced as a companion to A-8132.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By nyrkba:
A-5873, Requires Extreme Risk Protection Orders to be reported to the statewide computerized registry of orders of protection and certain warrants of arrest, advanced to 3rd Reading. Companion S-3340 on 3rd Reading.

S-8586, Requires a criminal history background check for the purchase of a three-dimensional printer capable of creating firearms; prohibits sale to a person who would be disqualified on the basis of criminal history from being granted a license to possess a firearm, introduced as a companion to A-8132.
View Quote

S-8586 is really mind blowing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CTM1:

S-8586 is really mind blowing.
View Quote

Hello New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Vermont and Canada. That is assuming you do not want to travel across more than one border. Otherwise I am sure the other 48 states are good to go (not sure about California - I thought they had something similar in force or in the works). Guessing pretty soon they will be going after all the machine shops that have CNC hardware

My maternal grandfather was a master machinist trained in Germany. If he were around now and knew CNC, I cannot imagine what he could fabricate if he wanted to. As it was, it was amazing what he could create with what is now considered classic machinery, all by hand.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
a master machinist would have no problem making a firearm with ease..

They would just need the blue prints to follow.. ]

I remember years ago seeing a video of machinist making a henry rifle out of brass cases..

melted down the brass casings and milled the brass block out.

Its becoming a lost skill being a master machinist in this country...
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:36:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MPi-KMS-72] [#4]
I worked for a master machinist who had worked for Frisby and The Simmons Precision then BF Goodrich aerospace.  At one point the president of Ithaca offered him some work which he did and the Ithaca was so impressed they offered him all their custom work which he refused.  Lol. Tolerances on the parts he got and the prints were so far apart it was a huge pain in the ass.  He was used to specs much closer that assured parts would fit, not having to make parts then fuck around getting them to fit.  He could do it but the mentality he was trained in and the gun trade machinist one were so far apart it just wasn't worth his time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cviss: I remember years ago seeing a video of machinist making a henry rifle out of brass cases..

melted down the brass casings and milled the brass block out.
View Quote

There is one showing an AR-15 made the same way.  A brass lower AR looks unique. Does that mean empty brass casings are now illegal in PRNY?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, for fuck's sake...  What will be next?

They will keep pushing this overreaching bullshit until it all collapses.

Anyone with any mechanical ability can make a thing that goes bang with a run to the local hardware store...
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#7]
When are they going to introduce a bill requiring background checks to purchase a car or truck? Have a DUI in your history? Denied.

It’s a valid comparison, considering drunk drivers kill far more people than guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top