Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2024 1:55:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: craig24680]
KY Legislative Session 2024

What do we need to know, lookout for, email/call/rally in person?

I know the Red Flag law proposed by the right for thee not us Republican Sen. Whitney Westerfield (named something not terrible: CARR)

https://www.wdrb.com/news/politics/kentucky-lawmakers-to-consider-legislation-similar-to-a-red-flag-law/article_b64fcc10-8f2f-11ee-986e-b32ad17b04a5.html

ETA 1/23/24

added this below but want at top on how to contact your elected peeps

Ky State legislature

https://legislature.ky.gov/Pages/contactus.aspx

Senate

House of Representin’

**Note: Some AT&T customers may experience technical difficulties when attempting to call LRC. If you are an AT&T customer and you receive a message that LRC cannot be reached, please hang up and call again. It may take several attempts before your call goes through. AT&T is working to resolve the issue.?**??

Legislative Message Line1-800-372-7181
Bill Status Line1-866-840-2835
Kentucky Relay Service711
Calendar (Meetings) Line1-800-633-9650
En Español1-866-840-6574

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/record/24RS/sb5.html

Removal of acreage requirement for hunting/fishing license

Fixing a mistake from last session.  This one is moving and will clear the Senate maybe early next week.  Maddox has filed a mirror in the House.

Sen Boswell has filed a bill to prohibit KDFWR from enforcing the law pertaining to hawk taking or possession.  Not sure what the intent is... maybe two part - using hawks for falconry and being able to protect chicken flocks????
https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/record/24RS/SB59.html

Sen Boswell has also proposed removing the requirement for a hunter ed card.  I tend to agree with this bill.  While I believe that hunter ed is a great concept - it is not exactly a requirement etched in liberty.  A person can possess and carry a firearm for personal protection and theoretically kill a critter that is attacking him without any type of government permission but can't kill a squirrel without an orange card
https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/record/24RS/SB60.html
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a feeling that this session will be pretty mellow for pro-2A bills.  I know for a fact that several of last session's freshmen members have been told to calm down the liberty rhetoric if they want to keep their job after this May/Nov elections.  Can't get that UniParty fund, chamber and big pharma $$$ if you keep that shit up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By craig24680:
KY Legislative Session 2024

What do we need to know, lookout for, email/call/rally in person?

View Quote

Know that House majority leadership is pathetic, shady and arrogant and has a steep disdain for the "liberty members" (the few) that remain un-compromised in the House.  Follow the KREF reports to see who is compromised.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jaymack:

Sen Boswell has also proposed removing the requirement for a hunter ed card.  I tend to agree with this bill.  While I believe that hunter ed is a great concept - it is not exactly a requirement etched in liberty.  A person can possess and carry a firearm for personal protection and theoretically kill a critter that is attacking him without any type of government permission but can't kill a squirrel without an orange card
https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/record/24RS/SB60.html
View Quote

It's kind of a pain if you don't know you need the hunters ed card but easy to take the class. And it does have some good info

I do believe I agree with removing the requirement
make it voluntary?
% off license if you have it?

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:52:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RWEIII] [#5]
disregard
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Know that House majority leadership is pathetic, shady and arrogant and has a steep disdain for the "liberty members" (the few) that remain un-compromised in the House.  Follow the KREF reports to see who is compromised.
View Quote

Yep....
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I do believe I agree with removing the requirement
make it voluntary?
View Quote

100% agree with removing the requirement buy still offering the class for those who voluntarily want to take it.  This would mirror the current standing of CCW classes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#8]
@OP
I'm part of a group that reviews the bills nightly and generates a legislative action report.
I can post here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:04:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CreativeBall] [#9]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jaymack] [#10]
Originally Posted By CreativeBall:
@OP
I'm part of a group that reviews the bills nightly and generates a legislative action report.
I can post here.
View Quote

Cool.  What group is the report written for/from?  This definitely interests me.  I scan the LRC website nightly during session and tune in to several of the cmte meetings when topics of interests arise.  For the last 3 sessions I've been an LRC junkie and have gotten involved in the process some.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I work with a group of friends every night. We review the bills as posted and track their progress.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Legislative Action for January 5, 2024
What happened today:
More new bills filed. Mostly some good ones to report. Yet another good hunting/fishing bill. Fluoridation
choice, 2A, “Defend the Guard”…….A lot of ridiculous ones too.
Please note instructions below on whom to call and when. Please familiarize yourself with these steps
so you can fully participate in the process.
Health Freedom:
HB 41 – Prohibit public employee insurance & public schools from incentivizing immunization.
HB 48 – Right to refuse medical treatment, including meds, devices & injections, etc.
HB 49 – Prohibit discrimination of med pros for refusing to do acts that violate conscience
HB 92 – Req med pros to notify patients of right to refuse treatment, right to request facility transfer
HB 103 – Parent/guardian right to access medical records of minor child
HB 141 – Allow local water utilities to have choice to fluoridate or not.
HB 145 – Require hospitals to disclose pricing.
Elections:
SB 39 – Prohibit legislative agent or employer from donating to candidate, campaign/committee.
Education:
HB 46 – Allow grads of non-certified (home & some private) schools to receive KEES money
HB 51 – Protect parental rights in public schools, require parental notifications for various activities
SEdu SB 6 – Prohibit penalties for expression of ideological differences at public universities.
HB 119 – Allow homeschoolers to participate in public school sports (but w/same health reqs as PS)
Money/Taxes:
HB 61 – Propose const. amend. to increase amount of homestead exemption based on current values
SAR SB 12 – KY Child Tax Credit for under 6yo
HB 101 – Exempt currency and bullion from taxation
HB 120 – Reduce certain tax on LLCs grossing <$100k
HB 123 – Repeal tax on military pensions
HB 134 – Decrease taxes on retirement fund distributions
SB 69 – Allow a recall vote if certain ad valorem taxes generate more revenue than a specified amt
HB150 – Exempt vehicles from ad valorem taxes
Transportation:
HB 19 – Require drivers to pull over or slow down for disabled vehicles with flashers, includes fine
HB 46 – Allow grads of non-certified (home & some private) schools to receive KEES money
Military/Second Amendment:
SB 66 – Repeal statue allowing colleges & govt entities to prohibit licensed concealed carry in bldgs
HB 149 – Restrict the use of the KY National Guard to Kentucky activities except in a declared war.
HB 24 – Data protection and consumer rights
HB 45 – Regulation of drones, tracking devices and license plate readers
SNR SB 5 – Allow hunting on your own property less than 5 acres without license
HB 106 – No fishing license required on less than 5 ac, no license required for guests of landowners
HB 140 – Allow hunting and fishing on your own property less than 5 acres without license
SEcon SB 15 – Data protection and consumer rights
SB 34 – Expand social welfare programs, housing, SNAP, etc. (by a Republican!)
SNR SB 55 – Allow landowners to fish on own property without license
HB 94 – Propose Constitutional Amendment to allow General Assembly to meet any time of year
SB 58 – Make protest petitions easier to file, lower number of req signatures on school tax protest
SB 60 – Prohibit state from requiring hunter education in order to get hunting license
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I work with a group of friends every night. We review the bills as posted and track their progress.
View Quote

Who does the report get sent to? Is it an org?  Link?
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#14]
SB 66 would be great!! I’m currently going to EKU and wife teaches at a school that has had abusive/combative parents and their safety officer is a choad.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Who does the report get sent to? Is it an org?  Link?
View Quote

We are not affiliated with any group in particular.
We have some people from MAFA and I think Take back.

I think the distribution is via email and Telegram.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#16]
@CreativeBall

Many thanks, lot of info to go through.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:43:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CreativeBall] [#17]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#18]
@CreativeBall - it's pretty fuzzy
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#19]
@CreativeBall - it's pretty fuzzy
View Quote

Dang it. Maybe screenshots from my phone aren't the best.
I wish we could post pdfs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:57:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CreativeBall] [#20]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#21]
What happened yesterday:
More bills filed. A couple bad ones (see red below). Some good ones regarding schools and health freedom.
Please note instructions below on whom to call and when. Please familiarize yourself with these steps
so you can fully participate in the process.
Health Freedom:
HB 41 – Prohibit public employee insurance & public schools from incentivizing immunization.
HB 48 – Right to refuse medical treatment, including meds, devices & injections, etc.
HB 49 – Prohibit discrimination of med pros for refusing to do acts that violate conscience
HB 92 – Req med pros to notify patients of right to refuse treatment, right to request facility transfer
HB 103 – Parent/guardian right to access medical records of minor child
HB 141 – Allow local water utilities to have choice to fluoridate or not.
HB 145 – Require hospitals to disclose pricing.
HB 163 – Require blood banks to collect Covid 19 vax info from donors and test for vax markers
HB 177 – Prohibit any state agency or govt from requiring Covid 19 vax for minors
Elections:
SB 39 – Prohibit legislative agent or employer from donating to candidate, campaign/committee.
SB 77 – Require voter tally to be published; additional requirements for election certification
SB 78 – Require all parts of voting machines to be made in USA and suppliers be accredited by DOD
SB 79 – Revise rules for ballot recounts (set reasonable bond, allow all candidates to be eligible, etc)
SB 80 – Disallow student IDs and credit cards to be used as Voter ID
SB 84 – Require risk-limited audits at polls
Education:
HB 51 – Protect parental rights in public schools, require parental notifications for various activities
SEdu SB 6 – Prohibit penalties for expression of ideological differences at public universities.
HB 119 – Allow homeschoolers to participate in public school sports (but w/same health reqs as PS)
SB 93 – Prohibit public schools from requiring oaths/ideology from employees; prohibit DEI
HB191 – If a parent can’t read it at a school board meeting, it can’t be in the school library.
Money/Taxes:
HB 61 – Propose const. amend. to increase amount of homestead exemption based on current values
SAR SB 12 – KY Child Tax Credit for under 6yo
HB 101 – Exempt currency and bullion from taxation
HB 120 – Reduce certain tax on LLCs grossing <$100k
HB 123 – Repeal tax on military pensions
HB 134 – Decrease taxes on retirement fund distributions
SSL SB 69 – Allow a recall vote if certain ad valorem taxes generate more revenue than a specified amt
HB150 – Exempt vehicles from ad valorem taxes
HB 19 – Require drivers to pull over or slow down for disabled vehicles with flashers, includes fine
HB 192 – Establish automatic speed enforcement
HB 193 – Increase fines in and add new regs for highway workzones, even when workers are absent
Military/Second Amendment:
SB 66 – Repeal statue allowing colleges & govt entities to prohibit licensed concealed carry in bldgs
HB 149 – Restrict the use of the KY National Guard to Kentucky activities except in a declared war
Government Overreach/Accountability:
HB 24 – Data protection and consumer rights
HB 45 – Regulation of drones, tracking devices and license plate readers
SFlr SB 5 – Allow hunting on your own property less than 5 acres without license
HB 106 – No fishing license required on less than 5 ac, no license required for guests of landowners
HB 140 – Allow hunting and fishing on your own property less than 5 acres without license
SEcon SB 15 – Data protection and consumer rights
SAR SB 34 – Expand social welfare programs, housing, SNAP, etc. (by a Republican!)
SNR SB 55 – Allow landowners to fish on own property without license
HB 94 – Propose Constitutional Amendment to allow General Assembly to meet any time of year
SSL SB 58 – Make protest petitions easier to file, lower number of req signatures on school tax protest
SNR SB 60 – Prohibit state from requiring hunter education in order to get hunting license
SB 88 – Make home incarceration easier; allow for appeal by victim, etc.
SB 96 – Auto-expungement for minor crimes (eg. Traffic violations, misdemeanors) after 5 yrs
HB 184 – Abolish State Bd of Cosmetology; move $$ back to general fund (less fascism, yay!)
View Quote

Don’t see where you hi lited them in red.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#22]
They were in the PDF. I'll try to figure out how to get them copied here without spending forever trying to use this old text editor.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#23]
are they posted online anywhere?
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#24]
are they posted online anywhere?
View Quote

They are emailed out, if you want to DM your email address I'll send it to the lady who emails them.

I know they are shared around on Telegram, and maybe a few Signal groups.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:40:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CreativeBall] [#25]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I feel like there's a lot more green this year than last year around this time.

However, this is the longer session, so there's more time for fuckery to occur.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#27]
HB192 is a bad bill for the precedent it would set

I am not in favor of any camera system for tickets on non commercial vehicles

This is similar to red light ticket systems
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JMD:
HB192 is a bad bill for the precedent it would set

I am not in favor of any camera system for tickets on non commercial vehicles

This is similar to red light ticket systems
View Quote

Just having even more cameras recording the roads is a non-starter for me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I would be ecstatic to see SB66 happen.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By M4ger:
View Quote

As would we all... but I fear that any legislation that is tied to Sen. Southworth as primary sponsor will be shelved.  She is a treasure to freedom and liberty in Kentucky however I'm convinced that leadership loathes her.  There's probably an easy 6-8 more senators that should/would co-sponsor this bill with no apprehensions at all but they know it's probably a lost cause under the circumstances.  I'm shocked that Sen. Tichenor hasn't signed on yet however.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#31]
What about HB45?

fluff piece on news seems like it's good but hard to tell

I hate all those damned flock cameras everywhere

https://www.wlky.com/article/bill-filed-addressing-technology-privacy-concerns-kentucky/46354440
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#32]

As would we all... but I fear that any legislation that is tied to Sen. Southworth as primary sponsor will be shelved.  She is a treasure to freedom and liberty in Kentucky however I'm convinced that leadership loathes her.  There's probably an easy 6-8 more senators that should/would co-sponsor this bill with no apprehensions at all but they know it's probably a lost cause under the circumstances.  I'm shocked that Sen. Tichenor hasn't signed on yet however.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4ger:

As would I
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:13:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jaymack] [#33]
What about HB45?

fluff piece on news seems like it's good but hard to tell

I hate all those damned flock cameras everywhere

https://www.wlky.com/article/bill-filed-addressing-technology-privacy-concerns-kentucky/46354440
View Quote

Nothing of this sort will pass the senate this session unless Westerfield's name is tied to it. If it passes the House - it will die in the Senate. Whitney's legacy needs to be some sort of techo privacy bill or bust.

E.T.A. - it's VERY STRANGE to see Blanton's name on this bill...
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:45:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CreativeBall] [#34]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok, one more thing:

**** Special Alert – January 12, 2024****
ARTICLE V: Constitutional Convention
As happens every year, some KY legislator will file a resolution to include KY in the petition to Congress
for an Article V: Constitutional Convention. This year, it is HJR 40 and it is sponsored by Rep. Bobby
McCool of District 97. This year, proponents are again extra active due to the unrest in our society and
world.
We all understand that our Federal Government is out of control. Our leaders in Washington, D.C. do not
follow our Constitution. Well-meaning patriots really want to do something about it. So what should we
do?
Some people are calling for the States to pass resolutions to modify our existing Constitution using the
authority in Article V of the US Constitution to call a new Constitutional Convention like we had in 1787.
They propose to adopt new clauses that will do things such as limit the Federal budget and provide term
limits for our senators and congressmen. Sounds great. But is this the right thing to do to fix our problems?
Did You Know?
•The last time delegates were sent by their States to a Constitutional Convention for the purpose of
amending the young nation’s documents, they didn’t amend them. They scrapped the Articles of
Confederation completely and gave us what we have now: The Constitution of the United States
of America?
•The Articles of Confederation required all 13 States to ratify the changes. But the delegates
changed the ratification to only require 9 of the States. Because they could.
•Proponents of such a Convention will say that a Convention will be limited to just a few issues,
however, Article V of the US Constitution makes no such provisions for limiting the purpose of
such a Convention.
•Proponents call this a Convention of States (COS), but once 34 states call for a Federal
Constitutional Convention, the US Congress has sole authority on how the Convention will be
run and who will be the delegates and it is then completely out of the hands of the States.
•Proponents tell us that any changes must be ratified by a supermajority of the States. However,
there is no way to enforce that once the Constitution is opened for change. Delegates can change
the terms of ratification, just like they did in 1787. They can change anything they want. They
can also call for secret meetings and secret balloting, just like they did in 1787.
Questions:
•Proponents say they will choose moral and wise delegates to the Constitutional Convention. But
Congress does the choosing. They can even choose themselves. How many moral and wise
delegates do you think we will get from Congress or even our state legislatures?
•If our leaders in Washington, D.C. do not follow our current Constitution, do you think they will
follow a new one?
•Do you think the delegates will limit themselves to just a few modifications to the existing
document when even our Founding Fathers didn’t limit themselves?•Do you think that the answer to government overreach is giving that very same government the
power to basically do whatever they want with our Constitution?
•Even if the US Congress draws delegates from the States, do you think the States will vote to
limit their cash cow? All the States feed at the trough of Federal money.
Warnings:
•Globalists would love nothing more than for the US Constitution to be gutted and revised to suit
the ends of a global agenda. The provisions of our current Constitution stand in the way of their
goals and aims for world governance.
•What do you think will happen to our God-given rights to bear arms, speak freely and be free
from government intrusion in our homes, if our current leadership has free reign to rewrite our
guiding documents?
•Our Constitution was made for a moral people. Are our current leaders moral people? Because
that is who will be running a Constitutional Convention and writing our new Constitution.
•If a Constitutional Convention is held today, there can be no limits to the changes. We will likely
lose our precious Republic, and the few rights that we still retain today.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#36]

As would I
View Quote

I try to copy this daily, but sometimes I get too tired to head down to my desktop to get the screenshots.

If you want the alerts as they happen  (in addition to other conservative/patriot activities) you can check this telegram channel out:

t.me/minutemenkentucky

(I don't own or run that channel, but I do know the person who's running it and she's a great lady).
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#37]

I try to copy this daily, but sometimes I get too tired to head down to my desktop to get the screenshots.

If you want the alerts as they happen  (in addition to other conservative/patriot activities) you can check this telegram channel out:

t.me/minutemenkentucky

(I don't own or run that channel, but I do know the person who's running it and she's a great lady).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

As would I

t.me/minutemenkentucky

/Tips hat

Joined and will poke around tomorrow and the weekend
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Not to derail the thread but I noticed softpoint has not commented in the thread.  

He normally helps to keep us updated on legislative events and prospects

Last time he posted was 12/11/2023 I believe

Hope all is well with him.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 12:23:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CreativeBall] [#39]
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:54:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CreativeBall] [#40]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Looks like they timed the lawsuit against river city firearms to match this session.

https://www.wave3.com/2024/01/23/whitney-strong-heading-frankfort-advocate-crisis-aversion-rights-retention-bill/

Red flag law is rearing it's ugly head again
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#42]
@CreativeBall

Whats the odds on the convention to ammend the us constitution?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Ky State legislature

https://legislature.ky.gov/Pages/contactus.aspx

Senate

House of Representin’

**Note: Some AT&T customers may experience technical difficulties when attempting to call LRC. If you are an AT&T customer and you receive a message that LRC cannot be reached, please hang up and call again. It may take several attempts before your call goes through. AT&T is working to resolve the issue.​**​​

Legislative Message Line1-800-372-7181
Bill Status Line1-866-840-2835
Kentucky Relay Service711
Calendar (Meetings) Line1-800-633-9650
En Español1-866-840-6574

Updating the OP with this
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#44]
@CreativeBall

Whats the odds on the convention to ammend the us constitution?
View Quote

I'm not sure. There's now 3 resolutions filed.
Last year I think it was only a House Joint Resolution.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I just collect and help organize the data.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:56:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CreativeBall] [#45]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Called today and they had to get me in the system.

I had 6 bills to oppose/support

Told the lady to give message to both

Less than 4 minutes
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Called today and they had to get me in the system.

I had 6 bills to oppose/support

Told the lady to give message to both

Less than 4 minutes
View Quote

Outstanding!

Last year I was getting "Oh, it's you again."
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Outstanding!

Last year I was getting "Oh, it's you again."
View Quote

You pick same ones every day, laundry list every day or rotate bills
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I generally hit up on the new ones. And then once no more new bills are allowed,  I start looking at the red ones that are moving.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top