Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2022 8:25:46 AM EDT
Buddy of mine called me last night to see if I had heard about what was going on down in Jackson MS. Apparently, there is an issue with the public water treatment.  Water has been coming out brown for weeks now; it’s unusable. He also said there are gangs breaking into peoples houses looking for drinkable water.

I haven’t heard anything on the news about this.

Anybody from the area that can provide info on what is happening?
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in NE MS (thank God) so I don't have any first hand info but Supertalk MS is basically saying that. Not even safe if boiled.  Haven't about the gangs but, hey, it's Jackson. So, plausible.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s making national news.

There’s also a thread in GD about it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 7:11:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TwistedSister] [#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I heard an unintentional, but truly amazing gaffe the other day in reference to our third world capitol city:

“Car-Jackson”

It really fits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top