Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2024 8:41:14 AM EDT
What things are there to do with my extra day (we are staying Tuesday as well)
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Go see Fort Niagara.
https://www.oldfortniagara.org
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Fort Niagara is great, I might also suggest Buffalo naval and serviceman’s park. The Buffalo science museum is also a great stop.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s like an hour or so away, but you can visit Letchworth Park, “The Grand Canyon of the East “.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

There are better images from the park, but these are mine that were still in my phone.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Great suggestions so far.

Things along the lake may come with a bitter chill, and may not even be open. So the naval park, canalside, riverworks, etc. might not be at full roar like they would be in summer.

Letchworth is always awesome, no matter the time of year.

Niagara Falls as well. If you're confined to the US side, check out the New York Power Authority Power Vista. Sometimes they have cool stuff going on, and they aren't far from the falls (they always have an interesting demo on how the power of the river is turned into electric power).

Buffalo is also steeped in some serious history as one of the wealthiest cities in the US for a while. It was a hub of industry, and we are finally starting to showcase that.

Bottom line is, there's a ton of stuff to do....it all depends on what you like. If you're a teetotaler who only likes granola, I'm going to recommend something very different from a party animal who is terrified of being moire than 100 yards from a 100 story building. Similarly, there are some serious thrills for an outdoor buff, as well as a person who enjoys history tours and really high end art museums.

Buffalo has a lot to offer (surprisingly), so what would you like to get out of it?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lattimer:
Great suggestions so far.

Things along the lake may come with a bitter chill, and may not even be open. So the naval park, canalside, riverworks, etc. might not be at full roar like they would be in summer.

Letchworth is always awesome, no matter the time of year.

Niagara Falls as well. If you're confined to the US side, check out the New York Power Authority Power Vista. Sometimes they have cool stuff going on, and they aren't far from the falls (they always have an interesting demo on how the power of the river is turned into electric power).

Buffalo is also steeped in some serious history as one of the wealthiest cities in the US for a while. It was a hub of industry, and we are finally starting to showcase that.

Bottom line is, there's a ton of stuff to do....it all depends on what you like. If you're a teetotaler who only likes granola, I'm going to recommend something very different from a party animal who is terrified of being moire than 100 yards from a 100 story building. Similarly, there are some serious thrills for an outdoor buff, as well as a person who enjoys history tours and really high end art museums.

Buffalo has a lot to offer (surprisingly), so what would you like to get out of it?
View Quote

I'm a teetotaler who likes history
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#6]
They have declared a state of emergency here on that day, expect traffic delays and lots of stupidity. Also, on the US side of the falls, if you cant see the water you don't want to be there.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Niagara Falls
View Quote

Niagara Falls! Slowly I turn...step by step...inch by inch...
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Also will be there. This is what we’re doing. There still tickets, which shocks me,

https://www.tickettailor.com/events/buffalonavalpark/1122024

I have a good friend from Buffalo. I got him some sponge candy anything else he’ll appreciate? Something he can’t get anywhere else?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Boingo:
Also will be there. This is what we’re doing. There still tickets, which shocks me,

https://www.tickettailor.com/events/buffalonavalpark/1122024

I have a good friend from Buffalo. I got him some sponge candy anything else he’ll appreciate? Something he can’t get anywhere else?
View Quote

Weber's mustard and Chiavetta's marinade are pretty common gifts for ex-pats.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

After the spectacular eclipse fail today I did pick up some Weber’s mustard and some BBQ rub, Buffalo made. And an eclipse shot glass!

Couldn’t find the Wick spice but will look for the Chiavetta’s before I go, Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#11]

After the spectacular eclipse fail today I did pick up some Weber’s mustard and some BBQ rub, Buffalo made. And an eclipse shot glass!

Couldn’t find the Wick spice but will look for the Chiavetta’s before I go, Thank you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Any grocery store in the area will have it, and now that its getting towards grilling season, Walmart may have it as well.

Sahlen's hotdogs are a hit too, if you have a means of refrigeration.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Sunny again today! :) :(
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By piccolo:

Niagara Falls! Slowly I turn...step by step...inch by inch...
View Quote

The dirty rat, he was in Pitts-boyg too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top