Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Filled it out and sent it off today.  The new version of the application has a separate set of copies that have to be mailed off to the local CLEO.  I don't recall having to do that the last time.  Wonder if this changed as of July's NFA changes?
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gotfish:
Filled it out and sent it off today.  The new version of the application has a separate set of copies that have to be mailed off to the local CLEO.  I don't recall having to do that the last time.  Wonder if this changed as of July's NFA changes?
View Quote

Yep that is part of the new forms due to 41F.  They removed the need for the CLEO signature, but now everyone must mail a copy for "CLEO notification."  I'll probably send it registered so that I have some sort of evidence that it was received I can file with my copy.

Made it easier for individuals, but harder for trusts.  Nice for people who were in areas that couldn't get CLEO signatures previously.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Petes1552:

I'll probably send it registered so that I have some sort of evidence that it was received I can file with my copy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'll probably send it registered so that I have some sort of evidence that it was received I can file with my copy.

I probably would have done that if this were another Form 1 app, but just for the renewal of the C&R license I already had, I couldn't see it being an issue.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Yep that is part of the new forms due to 41F.  They removed the need for the CLEO signature, but now everyone must mail a copy for "CLEO notification."  I'll probably send it registered so that I have some sort of evidence that it was received I can file with my copy.

Made it easier for individuals, but harder for trusts.  Nice for people who were in areas that couldn't get CLEO signatures previously.
View All Quotes

Yup. This state was probably the only one to benefit from 41F.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]

I probably would have done that if this were another Form 1 app, but just for the renewal of the C&R license I already had, I couldn't see it being an issue.
View All Quotes

Derp, I didn't connect that post with the previous ones

I haven't had to do a renewal yet, but when I got mine in 2014 I had to send a copy of the filled out C&R to the CLEO as notification.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]

I haven't had to do a renewal yet, but when I got mine in 2014 I had to send a copy of the filled out C&R to the CLEO as notification.
View All Quotes

I literally just finished filling out my renewal 5 minutes ago and it says you just have to send a copy to the CLEO. Nothing else.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
The point I was trying to make was just that I didn't recall having to send those copies when I obtained the license in 2013.  Maybe I just didn't notice that part, but I was pretty careful with these things (to ensure they went through properly).
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The point I was trying to make was just that I didn't recall having to send those copies when I obtained the license in 2013.  Maybe I just didn't notice that part, but I was pretty careful with these things (to ensure they went through properly).
View Quote

I got mine in 13 but I do remember sending a copy in. Don't remember if it was required or not, but I did.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I got mine in 13 but I do remember sending a copy in. Don't remember if it was required or not, but I did.
View All Quotes

Oops!
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Oops!
View All Quotes

Oops!

I'm willing to bet the ATF doesn't even check that unless there is something really fishy with your app.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Kinda funny...I sent a new application in since I couldn't find anything with the words "renewal" on it, and a couple days later, a renewal app came in the mail. We'll see what happens - I did put a note in the application that I sent in that I was an existing holder of a C&R FFL.  I'll re-post when I hear something.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Kinda funny...I sent a new application in since I couldn't find anything with the words "renewal" on it, and a couple days later, a renewal app came in the mail. We'll see what happens - I did put a note in the application that I sent in that I was an existing holder of a C&R FFL.  I'll re-post when I hear something.
View Quote

I was starting to wonder when mine would show up so I started searching what I needed to do to renew. Not even 2 days later it showed up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:19:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutOut] [#13]
How would you all have handled this?

I just sent off paperwork for an SBR today.  I included a copy of my C&R.  My C&R expires in Dec.  As long as it takes for ATF to do the paperwork it will probably be past Dec when they get to my application.  My C&R will have expired by then.  I attached a letter saying that I had sent in renewal paperwork to keep my license current.  Theoretically, if they don't get to my application until after Dec they should be able to hop on their computer and verify that I still have a current license.  I'm sure they won't do that because it would make too much sense and save time and effort for everybody involved.

I probably should have waited until I got a new license before I sent everything off but I had been putting this off for a while and just wanted to get it done.  I have a feeling come Feb or March of next year I'll get a letter from ATF saying that they can't proceed with my application because the copy of my C&R that I sent them is expired.  I will have wasted 6 or 7 months.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#14]
That's a great question.  I'm about to send a new Form1 in for a Scorpion, and I'm in the middle of a renewal also.  I'd be willing to bet you could call and ask - I think there are phone numbers on the instruction sheets for either the C&R license and the Form 1, no?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Where are you guys getting your fingerprint cards?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Gjfmrf:
View Quote

Some PD's will do them for free or a pretty cheap fee.  

Some people are able to do them on their own, I personally didn't feel like chancing it.

I used http://www.biometricimpressions.com/services/fbi-fingerprint-cards.  It was $25.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

My PO did it. They had very specific times for it, so call ahead to make sure. I think they charged me $15-20.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#18]
The reason i asked was because my PD will do it but i have to supply the card and i cannot figure out where to get the cards. I will try other local PDs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#19]
The reason i asked was because my PD will do it but i have to supply the card and i cannot figure out where to get the cards. I will try other local PDs.
View Quote

See if you can slip the clerk a $20.

Here ya go.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:14:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Petes1552] [#20]

Here ya go.
View All Quotes

Here ya go.

Depending on your timetable you can get them for free from the ATF also.  But who knows how long that could take
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Depending on your timetable you can get them for free from the ATF also.  But who knows how long that could take
View All Quotes

Here ya go.

I forgot about that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:04:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jal777] [#22]

View All Quotes

Here ya go.

I got a set delivered in about a week from atf a few days ago. Now I just need to figure out the new form 1 since it changed a bit from the ones I did last year.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:06:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Petes1552] [#23]

I forgot about that.
View All Quotes

Here ya go.

I forgot about that.

I ordered a few awhile back just to stash away, worth doing if you are going to a PD for the prints and you need to bring your own.  Mine took weeks though, so if you need them now your link is probably the way to go.  ETA: looks like the time is a bit better recently
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Awesome! I have time to burn so i can wait for the ATF to send them to me.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Some people are able to do them on their own, I personally didn't feel like chancing it.

I used http://www.biometricimpressions.com/services/fbi-fingerprint-cards.  It was $25.
View All Quotes

If you do multiples it's $20 a set of 2 cards.

Will Co. Sheriff will do it for $10 a card also but you have to call in advance because they only have 1 tech that does it.
He's the crime scene guy so if he gets a call it gets priority, office is on Laraway Rd.
I got the info from the Sheriff's secretary who got all my forms signed for me.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Hello, does anyone from cook county got an SBR license?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By exred:
Hello, does anyone from cook county got an SBR license?
Thanks
View Quote

Well there is no license. But I'm in cook county and I do have an SBR stamp.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#28]
What happens if I move during the time they are reviewing my Form 1?  Want to send in a couple, but may run into just this issue depending on how long they take.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:
What happens if I move during the time they are reviewing my Form 1?  Want to send in a couple, but may run into just this issue depending on how long they take.
View Quote

I think you can call them and update your address. My phone number changed while mine was submitted and I didn't think about it and they had tried to call me. When I talked to him, he said you can just call in and update it at any time. I would assume the same can be said for your address.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Hi guy's,
I have a few questions for SBR form:
1. I'm submitting form 1 in cook county as individual my rifle/pistol is 7.62x39, do I put in 4c 7.62x39 or just 7.62?
2. Under 4j do I leave it blank or need to check "firearm"?
3. Under 4h do I need to put my full name and address or leave it blank?
4. Under 8 do I need to put my full name or leave it blank?
5. Under 10 do I just fill in address of my town PD and name of chief of police or I need him ( chief of police) to do it?

Also do I need to submit form 5320.23 Responsible Person Questionnaire with my form 1?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Hi guy's,
1. I'm submitting form 1 in cook county as individual my rifle/pistol is 7.62x39, do I put in 4c 7.62x39 or just 7.62?
5. Under 10 do I just fill in address of my town PD and name of chief of police or I need him ( chief of police) to do it?

Also do I need to submit form 5320.23 Responsible Person Questionnaire with my form 1?

Thank you.
View Quote

1. 7.62
2. Looks like it's an either/or option, so I'd check "firearm"
3. Name and city/state. Common abbreviations are allowed, but it's gotta be what you'll have engraved.
4. I just printed my name.
5. Your CLEO will fill that out, so leave it blank.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:46:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Degs] [#32]
I have a question, I'm still waiting on my c&r, but on the form 1 where it asks for a ffl number, do we as a c&r ffl holder have to fill that in? I know we have to send a copy but idk if we need to fill it in. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:54:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Degs:
I have a question, I'm still waiting on my c&r, but on the form 1 where it asks for a ffl number, do we as a c&r ffl holder have to fill that in? I know we have to send a copy but idk if we need to fill it in. Thanks
View Quote

I did, all my forms were approved.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:57:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jal777] [#34]

1. 7.62
3. Name and city/state. Common abbreviations are allowed, but it's gotta be what you'll have engraved.
View All Quotes
Hi guy's,

Thank you.

1. 7.62

4 and 5 are not correct for the new form 1's.

Leave 4  blank, it's for destructive devices. Fill line 5 with your CLEO Address and name/title. CLEO signatures are a thing of the past, they will only get a completed copy (the one marked CLEO Copy) as a form of notification (your responsibility to make sure it gets delivered to him/her).  Here's a nice writeup on the new F1's that backs up the info I gave above http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/465636_Work_In_Progress__new_F1_F4_guide_for_41F_submissions.html&page=1#i4612885
Scroll down to individual Form 1
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jal777:

Leave 4  blank, it's for destructive devices. Fill line 5 with your CLEO Address and name/title. CLEO signatures are a thing of the past, they will only get a completed copy (the one marked CLEO Copy) as a form of notification (your responsibility to make sure it gets delivered to him/her).  Here's a nice writeup on the new F1's that backs up the info I gave above http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/465636_Work_In_Progress__new_F1_F4_guide_for_41F_submissions.html&page=1#i4612885
View All Quotes
Hi guy's,

Thank you.

1. 7.62

Yeah...........I'm a tard. Forgot about the no signature thing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:04:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jal777] [#36]

View All Quotes
Hi guy's,

Thank you.

1. 7.62

Not your fault man, laws have been changing too fast for most of us to keep track. Three different form 1's have been put out in the past 2 years, only the most recent one will be accepted by atf as of now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:17:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jal777] [#37]
Just got the finger print cards done a few hours ago by Will County (the deputy who did them is a very cool guy who knows his guns), have the new F1 filled out (somewhat different from the ones I sent in last year) and should be on the way this weekend to atf and CLEO. It's very nice to not have to set up appointments to get a sign off. If I get an 8 month turnaround I'll be happy from what I'm seeing on NFA tracker, praying that I didn't screw anything up with the new forms.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got the finger print cards done a few hours ago by Will County (the deputy who did them is a very cool guy who knows his guns), have the new F1 filled out (somewhat different from the ones I sent in last year) and should be on the way this weekend to atf and CLEO. It's very nice to not have to set up appointments to get a sign off. If I get an 8 month turnaround I'll be happy from what I'm seeing on NFA tracker, praying that I didn't screw anything up with the new forms.
View Quote

That makes me sad after how short the wait was last year about this time.  Think I only waited 47 days for my stamp.  Now it's a "maybe" that I'll see my MP5 back by next summer
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:35:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jal777] [#39]

That makes me sad after how short the wait was last year about this time.  Think I only waited 47 days for my stamp.  Now it's a "maybe" that I'll see my MP5 back by next summer
View All Quotes

Yes, it sucks indeed. I remember I was right behind you almost a year ago for my stamps, mine took something like 49 days. Wow, this new submission of mine is for an MP5 also, what did you get? I ended up with a zenith z5rs, had a hard time decided between it and one of the barreled receivers that atlantic firearms put out earlier this summer.

edit:
When did you submit if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:47:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jal777] [#40]
Here's some motivation for you guys that are still unsure about submitting a F1, recently built on a registered receiver that I had laying around .
https://imgur.com/a/wXuK7
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's some motivation for you guys that are still unsure about submitting a F1, recently built on a registered receiver that I had laying around .
https://imgur.com/a/wXuK7
View Quote

Yeap that is exactly what I'm trying to get my SBR stamp for.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Yes, it sucks indeed. I remember I was right behind you almost a year ago for my stamps, mine took something like 49 days. Wow, this new submission of mine is for an MP5 also, what did you get? I ended up with a zenith z5rs, had a hard time decided between it and one of the barreled receivers that atlantic firearms put out earlier this summer.

edit:
View All Quotes

edit:

Same gun haha. I can't wait to get a stock on it. I got it before those atlantic ones came out. I'm really happy with it though, it's fun to shoot even as a pistol.

I really dragged ass on submitting it, just did last week. So the long wait is going to somewhat be my own fault
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Same gun haha. I can't wait to get a stock on it. I got it before those atlantic ones came out. I'm really happy with it though, it's fun to shoot even as a pistol.

I really dragged ass on submitting it, just did last week. So the long wait is going to somewhat be my own fault
View All Quotes

edit:

Nice, same gun submitted at almost the same time, lol! I havent shot it yet, need to get my ass on the press to load a couple hundred 124gr rounds to break it in. Went ahead and ordered a couple extra factory HK mags last night before the shit show coming up in Nov.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Where are you guys getting your guns engraved at? I would like to stay local with it but not sure if that's possible. I'm in mchebry county.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Where are you guys getting your guns engraved at? I would like to stay local with it but not sure if that's possible. I'm in mchebry county.
View Quote

Are you doing a 80% lower or is this already a firearm?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#46]
It is already a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I can't confirm it, but after doing some searching, I found a place called Article II Range that's in Lombard (suburbs). Someone said they do engraving. Again, verify, as the post I found was kinda old.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Hot spot engraving in bensenville does it for $80 (priced over the phone last year) I took the out of state route for one ar lower and one ak receiver (half the price).
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Hot spot engraving in bensenville does it for $80 (priced over the phone last year) I took the out of state route for one ar lower and one ak receiver (half the price).
View All Quotes

Was that just for SBR engraving or pretty much anything you wanted (like doing a 80%)?
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Was that just for SBR engraving or pretty much anything you wanted (like doing a 80%)?
View All Quotes

I inquired about sbr engraving only.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top