Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2024 12:57:11 PM EDT
What do?

We'll be starting in Paige, staying a couple days in Flagstaff, and finishing trip near Sedona.

What activities, landmarks, food do you reccomend?

Maybe we could dinner and swap patches?

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Honanki and Palatki Indian Ruins are interesting.

Schnebly Hill Vista Overlook has a great view, but you either need to hike up it or have a high clearance vehicle.

The red rocks around the Broken Arrow Trail are cool.

Sunset crater near Flagstaff

Drive up to Snowbowl

The lava tubes are fun

If you are into the stars, Lowell Observatory is interesting.

Shultz Pass road is a fun drive.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:22:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KB7DX] [#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KB7DX:
Page, not Paige. Prescott is pronounced Pres-kitt lest you will be tagged as a tourist.

Lots of stuff to do and see in AZ. Practically everywhere you go will be

like a postcard.

ETA - Meteor Crater is up that way, but I'm not paying $20 to see the hole.
View Quote

Meteor Crater did not impress me.

Walnut Canyon National Monument near Flagstaff is interesting as a canyon and its Indian ruins.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mmsSierra:

Walnut Canyon National Monument near Flagstaff is interesting as a canyon and its Indian ruins.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Page, not Paige. Prescott is pronounced Pres-kitt lest you will be tagged as a tourist.

like a postcard.

How incredibly close the meteor came to the visitor's center is mighty impressive!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By azjeeper:

How incredibly close the meteor came to the visitor's center is mighty impressive!
View Quote

Pure luck!  Or, was it science?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Stop by gunsite in Paulden the birthplace of modern pistol training. pro Shop for a few trinkets. I highly recommend planning a future trip for a full gunsite training class.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:01:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: virgilc1984] [#7]

Shultz Pass road is a fun drive.
View Quote

Agreed, but Schultz pass is currently closed following Tunnel/Pipeline fire and flooding.

OP when are you visiting? Winter is pushing a little late this year, had a bit of snow just the other day.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:20:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BombCrater] [#8]
like a postcard.
View Quote

Yup and Scottsdale is pronounced Skittsdale.  The original Arizonans had speech impediments evidently...  JUST KIDDING!

A bit out of your way, but La Posada was an old train stop and hotel that has been renovated.  It is in Winslow and it is probably the ONLY thing in Winslow you will want to see.

https://laposada.org/

The restaurant there is quite good!

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BombCrater:

Yup and Scottsdale is pronounced Skittsdale.  The original Arizonans had speech impediments evidently...  JUST KIDDING!

A bit out of your way, but La Posada was an old train stop and hotel that has been renovated.  It is in Winslow and it is probably the ONLY thing in Winslow you will want to see.

https://laposada.org/

The restaurant there is quite good!

View Quote

C'mon man! There's also a tribute to the Eagles song.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standin'_on_the_Corner_Park
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:37:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Been here for well over 50years - Scottsdale is "Scottsdell", never heard it the other way. Also called Snottsdale - lots of money up there.
In Flag the Lowell Observatory is FANTASTIC if you take the night time tour, well worth the effort. Meteor Crater I figured would be a bust - had a good time there for a few hours.
Black Bart's singing steakhouse is also a lot of fun.
Come down to the upper Valley and find the International Musical Instrument Museum. Sounds boring - is anything BUT.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
Been here for well over 50years - Scottsdale is "Scottsdell", never heard it the other way. Also called Snottsdale - lots of money up there.
In Flag the Lowell Observatory is FANTASTIC if you take the night time tour, well worth the effort. Meteor Crater I figured would be a bust - had a good time there for a few hours.
Black Bart's singing steakhouse is also a lot of fun.
Come down to the upper Valley and find the International Musical Instrument Museum. Sounds boring - is anything BUT.
View Quote

yes, the MIM is well worth a visit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top