Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2024 4:18:30 PM EDT
Greeting indigenous MKE team,
Have a Schedule trip Monday-Thursday into MKE and drive to Chicago suburbs.  How bad is weather and conditions in the area?  Should I reschedule?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd reschedule ANY trip that ends up in Chicago.  The roads look fine, but you WILL freeze your ass off if you're coming from warmer climes.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 8:12:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#3]
Around Milwaukee proper roads are pretty much clear. There are some areas that have some hard packed snow that the plows didn't get to before they froze... those are kinda bumpy. You might encounter a few small road exits that aren't plowed and you have to go down to the next larger street. Otherwise it is fine. Bring some warm clothes. Stick to the nicer areas of downtown or go out to the suburbs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If you can rent an all wheel drive car for your time here that might be beneficial.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Many thanks to responders on this post.  Landed successfully yesterday and conditions are as you say.  Got a 4wd (MKE Hertz offered with no charge) Roads were bare in areas traveled with slight off roading to access my destinations this far.  It is freakin cold, so brought appropriate clothing.  Pretty sure I saw gas for $2.58 last night which beats the $4.50 is WA.  Here for a few days and then back.  

One nice thing I’ve noticed is you do get the sun here…so free vitamin D
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shadows:
Many thanks to responders on this post.  Landed successfully yesterday and conditions are as you say.  Got a 4wd (MKE Hertz offered with no charge) Roads were bare in areas traveled with slight off roading to access my destinations this far.  It is freakin cold, so brought appropriate clothing.  Pretty sure I saw gas for $2.58 last night which beats the $4.50 is WA.  Here for a few days and then back.  

One nice thing I've noticed is you do get the sun here so free vitamin D
View Quote
I used to live in WA. Definitely don't miss the gloom and moss growing on everything that doesn't move (and some that did.)
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shadows:

One nice thing I’ve noticed is you do get the sun here…so free vitamin D
View Quote

It's sunny... For now. Quite nice. Also apparently I am by all different types of reckoning an indigenous Milwaukee person. This makes me sad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top