Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2024 9:37:25 AM EDT
State has rolled out a new online license renewal system thing is none of it works. With dead lines looming on a number of professions license holders and business owners can not get there licensed renewed.

Who all here has/is being effected by this?

I have 3 license that are being hung up as of right now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:43:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: southerncross] [#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By southerncross:

My wife is the licensing board staff attorney. She has been advising them on this but doesn't have any hand in the nuts and bolts of this since she is legal, not IT. I'm going to be real careful how I word this because we're on a public forum but people who made the decisions that have put us here didn't understand the downstream effects of their choices. She says watch for changes on renewal notices because they're figuring it out as they go. They're aware that it's affecting people.

ETA: I'm tarded and spelled stuff wrong
View Quote

Thanks for the info.

I was able to renew 2 of my personnel licenses. Each one took over a hour on the new system. I would have to keep refreshing and backing in and out of the pages to populate. It was terrible.

The establishment license I can not access. And my only point of contact with the state is not returning my emails. And the "Help / Customer Service line" sends the caller thru various prompts only to be met with "Due to high call volume we can not accept you call at this time, Goodbye" And its been that way for months.  

Its quite frustrating.

Its the kinda shit that would make people buy a Komatsu D355A.

I cant help but image that a number of small mom and pop Vets offices, HVAC company, Barber Shops or General Contractors may have to shut their doors due to a Non Licensed status solely due to the incompetency of the state.

Blows my mind
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thankfully my renewal was last year, so they have plenty of time before I'm due

Good luck, state IT is a shitshow.  I can say this with confidence, because I have a GTA ID somewhere around here
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't guess this impacts CPA licenses.  I renewed no issues.  I do have to renew my firm license this year.  I noticed that I end up going thru the system into another site for the actual renewal so maybe I'm safe.  No telling.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rotorblade] [#6]
My mom still gets in the mail renewals for her cosmetologist license. She paid to get that license in the mid 70's. She later went to business school and gave up doing hair. BUT kept it renewed. They even sent it to the new address we moved to August of this year.   Across town.

She's been dead since AUGUST 2015.    
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ricky_45:
I don't guess this impacts CPA licenses.  I renewed no issues.  I do have to renew my firm license this year.  I noticed that I end up going thru the system into another site for the actual renewal so maybe I'm safe.  No telling.
View Quote

Isn't the CPA registration controlled by the Georgia State Board of Accountancy? That board is not under the direct control of the Secretary of State like the other boards that may be affected by the issues.  The Board of Professional Registration, i.e. engineers, surveyors, etc. are under the SOS.  I renewed mine in early December and had no issue.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:51:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Thanks for the info.

I was able to renew 2 of my personnel licenses. Each one took over a hour on the new system. I would have to keep refreshing and backing in and out of the pages to populate. It was terrible.

The establishment license I can not access. And my only point of contact with the state is not returning my emails. And the "Help / Customer Service line" sends the caller thru various prompts only to be met with "Due to high call volume we can not accept you call at this time, Goodbye" And its been that way for months.  

Its quite frustrating.

I cant help but image that a number of small mom and pop Vets offices, HVAC company, Barber Shops or General Contractors may have to shut their doors due to a Non Licensed status solely due to the incompetency of the state.

Blows my mind
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
Originally Posted By southerncross:

My wife is the licensing board staff attorney. She has been advising them on this but doesn't have any hand in the nuts and bolts of this since she is legal, not IT. I'm going to be real careful how I word this because we're on a public forum but people who made the decisions that have put us here didn't understand the downstream effects of their choices. She says watch for changes on renewal notices because they're figuring it out as they go. They're aware that it's affecting people.

ETA: I'm tarded and spelled stuff wrong

Thanks for the info.

Its quite frustrating.

Blows my mind

Im a retired state employee. It doesn’t surprise me in the least.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By johnnypantz:
Thankfully my renewal was last year, so they have plenty of time before I'm due

Good luck, state IT is a shitshow.  I can say this with confidence, because I have a GTA ID somewhere around here
View Quote

I get to enjoy my interaction with them every year and am in the process of adding 2 more.
I also get to help fund alabama every year too. .
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By rotorblade:
My mom still gets in the mail renewals for her cosmetologist license. She paid to get that license in the mid 70's. She later went to business school and gave up doing hair. BUT kept it renewed. They even sent it to the new address we moved to August of this year.   Across town.

She's been dead since AUGUST 2015.    
View Quote

That's not surprising
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 2tom2:

That's not surprising
View Quote

Thought about sending them a copy of her Death and Birth Certificate just for shits n giggles. Alas if I did that she would probably vote in the next election.  My wife's grandmother voted in the 2020 election. She's been dead since 2009...   Voted Democrat too.

It's just the democrat way.
"Remember folks Vote Early, Vote Often, EVEN IF YOUR DEAD!!!!  

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 2tom2:

That's not surprising
View Quote

Thought about sending them a copy of her Death and Birth Certificate just for shits n giggles. Alas if I did that she would probably vote in the next election.  My wife's grandmother voted in the 2020 election. She's been dead since 2009...   Voted Democrat too.

It's just the democrat way.
"Remember folks Vote Early, Vote Often, EVEN IF YOUR DEAD!!!!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top