Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a question for the community, if you wouldn't mind.  I know someone (no, not me) who I will call "the Subject" who years ago had an adverse reaction to a legally prescribed medicine, had an adverse reaction in the form of hallucinations, and ended up calling 911 to report/request help.  The police responded and determined that the reported "bad guy" (hallucination) was not real and that the Subject was in need of evaluation by a doctor.  The Subject was transported to an ER under via 10-13.  The Subject was evaluated by a doctor who determined the Subject should stay for observation and stabilization.  The Subject's mental condition improved rapidly after the medicine in question was metabolized and eliminated by their body.  After about 48 hours, the Subject was re-evaluated by a psychiatrist who determined the Subject's hallucinations were a result of the adverse reaction to the medicine, that the Subject was not mentally ill, and that Subject was not a danger to themself or others.  The Subject was discharged from the hospital after about 3 days.   The Subject was not arrested and has no criminal history.  The Subject was never adjudicated "mentally defective" by a judge.  Would the Subject be able to apply for a GWCL?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swiftsailing:
I have a question for the community, if you wouldn't mind.  I know someone (no, not me) who I will call "the Subject" who years ago had an adverse reaction to a legally prescribed medicine, had an adverse reaction in the form of hallucinations, and ended up calling 911 to report/request help.  The police responded and determined that the reported "bad guy" (hallucination) was not real and that the Subject was in need of evaluation by a doctor.  The Subject was transported to an ER under via 10-13.  The Subject was evaluated by a doctor who determined the Subject should stay for observation and stabilization.  The Subject's mental condition improved rapidly after the medicine in question was metabolized and eliminated by their body.  After about 48 hours, the Subject was re-evaluated by a psychiatrist who determined the Subject's hallucinations were a result of the adverse reaction to the medicine, that the Subject was not mentally ill, and that Subject was not a danger to themself or others.  The Subject was discharged from the hospital after about 3 days.   The Subject was not arrested and has no criminal history.  The Subject was never adjudicated "mentally defective" by a judge.  Would the Subject be able to apply for a GWCL?
View Quote

If he's not a felon, a misdemeanor domestic abuser, or has not been adjudicated mentally defective by a judge, he's not a prohibited person.

But with Constitutional carry, a GWCL isn't necessary (personally, I'll still pay the $80/5 years because being able to skip the NICS check every time I fill out a 4473 along with reciprocity is worth $16/year to me)
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top