Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2024 9:00:36 AM EDT
So, has anybody been to one of these? There's one coming up in April and my wife is really interested...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The one in Watkinsville ga?

I’ve been once. Our radio club went 2-3 years ago and presented.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
The one in Watkinsville ga?

I’ve been once. Our radio club went 2-3 years ago and presented.
View Quote

Yeah, that's the one. What did you think of it?

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:

Yeah, that's the one. What did you think of it?

ROCK6
View Quote

It was ok.

From what I understand it’s slowly morphing from a true bushcraft meet to a camping / prepping type event.

Was some hard core bushcraft people there. Think everyone was carrying a big knife or machete which was cool. A few dirty hippies. A few tactical Timmy’s all maxpeditioned out.

Kids running about and playing, stuff for sale and free classes planning all day.

All in all a neat experience. Now would I drive 2-3hrs to attend probably not.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

It was ok.

From what I understand it’s slowly morphing from a true bushcraft meet to a camping / prepping type event.

Was some hard core bushcraft people there. Think everyone was carrying a big knife or machete which was cool. A few dirty hippies. A few tactical Timmy’s all maxpeditioned out.

Kids running about and playing, stuff for sale and free classes planning all day.

All in all a neat experience. Now would I drive 2-3hrs to attend probably not.
View Quote

Thanks, the last videos my wife was watching, it looked pretty commercialized. Kind of like an outdoors, tactical Blade show

We are going to give it a shot, we may find a few empty nesters who enjoy boondocking or know someone who does.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Where is the online info to get the details?

Watkinsville is close enough to checkout.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 7mm-08:
Where is the online info to get the details?

Watkinsville is close enough to checkout.
View Quote

Looks like not until November, unless my google fu is weak sauce. https://www.georgiabushcraft.com/pages/fall
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Evidently they have a Spring and Fall expo/campout. I've heard they still do classes and demos, but it's growing with more vendors and camping stuff aside from just bushcrafting.

Spring expo is April 19-24

Georgia Bushcraft Expo Spring Dates

My wife also found this site: Georgia Adventure Vehicle Roundup that is also a biannual event and on the same weekend, but up in Ellijay. We plan to check both out. My wife wants boondocking partners, preferably no kids. Most people we know don't do anything outdoors, or they just set the RV up to watch college football games in some crowded RV campground.

We're headed down to Florence Marina State Park for today to Monday (Providence Canyon State Park was full). Anybody in the area, we plan to hit the Omaha Brewery this afternoon and probably tomorrow afternoon

This will be our maiden voyage with my wife's new utility camping trailer...

ROCK6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top