Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2024 7:50:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Democrats endorsing Democrats...what a surprise.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I would lay money that Suozzi is going to win. Other than my brother-in-law, I do not know anyone in my circle voting for Pilip and that includes Republicans (shocking to see Suozzi signs on the lawns of houses I normally see Republican signs on). I voted for Santos and was pi$$ed as hell when it turned out the Republicans could not do even the simplest vetting job on a candidate. I think more than a few registered Republican voters are wondering if Pilip has been vetted too. Suozzi is a known quantity who I disagree with but he is not some mysterious candidate without a record and that seems to be attracting people.

We will find out in 22 days...
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 12:06:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fp1201] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aardvark:
I would lay money that Suozzi is going to win. Other than my brother-in-law, I do not know anyone in my circle voting for Pilip and that includes Republicans (shocking to see Suozzi signs on the lawns of houses I normally see Republican signs on). I voted for Santos and was pi$$ed as hell when it turned out the Republicans could not do even the simplest vetting job on a candidate. I think more than a few registered Republican voters are wondering if Pilip has been vetted too. Suozzi is a known quantity who I disagree with but he is not some mysterious candidate without a record and that seems to be attracting people.

We will find out in 22 days...
View Quote

When you find out who the Republican Party Chair and Committee consist of in your District (they decide WHO will be the Candidate) and quite often it's a sock-puppet of THEIR choice and not the Registered Voters...all sorts of back scratching and back door deals, and a bit of being "back doored" as well.  THEY supposedly vetted the clown to be trotted out to represent the District, but the deeper you go, the more you find out it's a few well heeled, well connected men in the shadows making the selection that you have to live with.

The only chance Pilip has is with the DEI Crowd that likely doesn't even know she checks the boxes while Suozzi is a career "old white man" power broker.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fp1201:

When you find out who the Republican Party Chair and Committee consist of in your District (they decide WHO will be the Candidate) and quite often it's a sock-puppet of THEIR choice and not the Registered Voters...all sorts of back scratching and back door deals, and a bit of being "back doored" as well.  THEY supposedly vetted the clown to be trotted out to represent the District, but the deeper you go, the more you find out it's a few well heeled, well connected men in the shadows making the selection that you have to live with.
View Quote
The Nassau Republican Party has had a history of being rather tone deaf when it comes to their constituents. 24 or so years ago now, as it was at the time Alfonse D'Amato lost to Schumer, the Republicans had run Nassau into a massive fiscal hole. So bad, the state created NIFA, Nassau Interim Finance Authority, to manage the county with a bailout from the taxpayers of the rest of the state. Classic problem with Republicans who love to spend just like Democrats but are loathe to raise the taxes necessary to pay for their spending so the hole gets deeper and deeper. Democrat candidates started winning legislative seats as well as many local races since Republicans were destroying the county. The Nassau Republican Party commissioned a focus group to try and understand why they were so unpopular. The focus group facilitators asked the participants various questions about Republican politicians and candidates, and to a tee it was negative. They trashed the County Executive, the Republican legislators, etc. saying they would not be voting for any of these people. The response from the Republican representatives listening in to the focus group? "These are not our voters". So the focus group facilitator went back in to the group and asked for a show of hands "how many people voted for Alfonse D'Amato in the last election?" Almost every hand went up. THAT got the attention of the Republican representatives who only realized then that they had a problem.

We need another one of those enlightening sessions.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:27:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aardvark] [#5]
As I noted in post #2, Suozzi won decisively (yes I voted for him). Even Republican households here were displaying his signs. The local GOP has really screwed the pooch lately and they really need to look at how f_cked up they have become. I mean choosing an unknown legislator who had been a Democrat for ages is mind boggling. No resume or legislative track record.

On the news they interviewed various voters exiting the polls and many who voted for Suozzi said in the past they have voted against Schumer, Hochul, etc. but they are pi$$ed off at this latest Republican fiasco. This area is not reliably Republican when the Republicans get it in their head that all you need to do is put an "R" after the name and you have a winner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top