Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2024 5:49:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms]
Going to be spending ~3 weeks in Ellijay.

Does anybody have any recommendations for restaurants, things to do or see and any places to shoot in the general Ellijay area?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I really liked the meal I had at The Butcher and Bottle.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:00:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack-of-Hearts] [#2]
We live in Southwest GA but we're part-timers in Ellijay.  Got a small place that we use on long weekends, holidays, and vacations.  It's gotten to be a tourist town.  Locals go out during the week and stay home on weekends.  Tourists overcrowd the restaurants on the weekends.

The Smokehouse is our go-to for breakfast.  Mike's Restaurant is good for country style breakfast or lunch.  Charley's is good for Italian.  Cajun Depot is good for seafood.  Try the stuffed catfish.

Downtown is touristy but we really like Cantaberry's for light lunch and The Roof is good for dinner.

I know Longhorns is a chain, but the one is Ellijay is pretty good.

Biguns is good for BBQ.

Also, if you want to catch a flick while you're there - the Mountain Theatre is modern and clean.  Reclining chairs that work.  Never crowded.  If we want to catch a movie we'll wait until we go up to Ellijay.

Blue Ridge is only 20 miles up the road.  A few good places there.  Southern Charm is great Southern cooking.  Jolly Roger is our go-to for seafood.  Sue's Burgers for a hamburger.

There are other places but I'm a cheapskate and those are good bang for the buck places for us.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Great info!

Anybody know if Appalachian Gun is a good shop and range?

https://www.appalachiangun.com/
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Switchback_Arms:
Great info!

Anybody know if Appalachian Gun is a good shop and range?

https://www.appalachiangun.com/
View Quote

One of my training partners owns/runs it. it’s a good spot.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
we stayed in a rental, drinking by the river. I'm always a fan of that.

check this out when you're in town, it's stupid but in a fun way: https://www.expeditionbigfoot.com/
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
You must go to Chili Dog for a good cheap lunch. Talona Ridge RV Resort is one of my all time favorite campgrounds and just so happens to have a great free app that’s great for finding stuff in the Ellijay area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#7]
We're in Ellijay most of this week.  One of my sons recommended the Chili Dog.  I was going to hit them for supper yesterday but their hours are 5am-2pm.

I had decided to try them out tomorrow for lunch.  Then I saw the post above.

Coincidence?  or fate?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top