Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2023 2:40:32 PM EDT
I was divorced somewhere around the 2004 timeframe. Thing is, I have no clue what state it was in, as she filed it. I have a few ideas, but they're all dead ends. I need to get specific dates, so I can apply for a passport.

Anyone have a clue on how to find those records?  Online search is useless, as every site says to go to the county where the divorce was filed. I tried a local divorce lawyer and the secretary was at a loss, as she never encountered that question.

State vital records are out, as you need to pay money for a search that may come up with no hits and I'm not wasting money.

In contrast, I found my marriage info and had a pdf file emailed to me within 10 minutes of searching. Divorce records? Forget about it. Spent hours looking with no leads.

I was married in Multnomah County, but their record search for marriages is a lot easier than looking for divorces.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Hired a private investigator. See if he come up with anything.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:18:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DashDot] [#2]
Shoot me your info and I’ll check Oregon

@Stitches1974
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DashDot:
Shoot me your info and I’ll check Oregon

@Stitches1974
View Quote

@DashDot

Thanks, but the PI found what I needed. Trying to get a passport is a nightmare, but I'll need the divorce decree for the future.

The states and years I remember were off the mark, but now I have the info to get the official documents.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

@DashDot

Thanks, but the PI found what I needed. Trying to get a passport is a nightmare, but I'll need the divorce decree for the future.

The states and years I remember were off the mark, but now I have the info to get the official documents.
View Quote

Sounds good. I have access to the documents if you hit a snag.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DashDot:

Sounds good. I have access to the documents if you hit a snag.
View Quote

Thanks.

Hopefully I don't need to use your services, but will keep you in mind. I just sent out a letter and application today for the official documents. A whole $6.00. This time I'll make sure the decree gets put in the right set of paperwork, so it won't get lost.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got the decree in the mail today. 7 business day turnaround isn't bad at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top