Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2024 9:43:25 PM EDT
I  working on a small project. Not gun related. Anyone have a recommendation? I’m sure I could just shop it around the local machine shops.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Only know I would love to have my own machine shop (and wood shop, and forge, and kiln, etc), the Titans of Machining crew relocated from CA to Flower Mound recently (but only 'teach' as far as I can tell), always wanted to see what machines they have at the Dallas Makerspace; but other than calling around, no suggestions.

Last time I needed some powder coating done, drove around to 4 shops before I found a place that would do my one off tiny job.

I know... not helpul.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.facebook.com/p/Ridgewood-Machine-100057683197149/?paipv=0&eav=Afa4cFUW0YdvoMnnZKqGBP5ZoZ8OkRv1fItJ48M2uwVaf7DnsrQPdrm1FOq4UYRptuE&_rdr
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Andrewh:
https://www.facebook.com/p/Ridgewood-Machine-100057683197149/?paipv=0&eav=Afa4cFUW0YdvoMnnZKqGBP5ZoZ8OkRv1fItJ48M2uwVaf7DnsrQPdrm1FOq4UYRptuE&_rdr
View Quote

Thanks. I will check them out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#4]
In my experience, Not many places will be interested in one off work. Most want a substantial set up fee and only do production work.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]
You need to find a retired guy/tinkerer. I needed an aluminum bar with some holes drilled and tapped at specific locations different than the bar that came with my machine. I have a friend who had some tooling in his garage. Hey could you make me this except with this hole spacing? I'll pay you.

He not only made the part, he gave me a CAD drawing with all the specs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Not in Dallas, but you should look up B. F. Gammon Tool & Die in Dodd City, TX.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top