Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2023 1:40:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04]
I have a blued Colt series 80 that has about 1200 rounds through it. I bought this pistol with the intention of doing some custom work but I just don’t think it’s worth it anymore. Plus, I hardly shoot the Colt very much. I primarily shoot and train with my modded G19 and stock G43X. I also have a modded BHP that I shoot more than my Colt.

Someone I know wants to buy it off me, but I’m kinda struggling to come up with a price.

As you guys know, these guns are no longer on the roster, so you gotta find someone wanting to sell.

I was thinking about pricing this thing at about $1000. Do you guys think that is too much?

What would you guys price this at?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
X2 msrp is the going rate.  

I’d buy it @ $1000, a base Springfield is almost a grand.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Gunbroker.com to get a reference point on pricing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks to be about what they’re going for online. Might be able to get a bit of a premium for it being off roster assuming you sold it here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 10:44:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ajcrash:
Looks to be about what they’re going for online. Might be able to get a bit of a premium for it being off roster assuming you sold it here.
View Quote

Yeah, it’ll be a California sale. So, sounds like about $1200 would be on the more premium end for a used Colt in Cali.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd look on Calguns and try and find something similar to value it. Gunbroker doesn't have the roster factored into the prices there. I don't know Colts but the two series 80's I saw on CG were both around $4k. Unless you're just looking to cut it loose to someone you know and like, I'd research a little harder before letting it go for around a grand. Like others have said a basic bitch Springfield is a grand these days.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 5:54:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#7]
Originally Posted By -Blue-:
I'd look on Calguns and try and find something similar to value it. Gunbroker doesn't have the roster factored into the prices there. I don't know Colts but the two series 80's I saw on CG were both around $4k. Unless you're just looking to cut it loose to someone you know and like, I'd research a little harder before letting it go for around a grand. Like others have said a basic bitch Springfield is a grand these days.
View Quote

That is waaaaay to much. I'm gonna take a look around, but can't imagine someone paying 4k for a used Colt Series 80 pistol.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Good call on Calguns. I totally forgot about checking there. They’re significantly higher valued than the national market.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By urbankaos04:

That is waaaaay to much. I'm gonna take a look around, but can't imagine someone paying 4k for a used Colt Series 80 pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -Blue-:

You would be surprised.  People here are paying 5k for a $2500 staccato.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Gonna sell it to someone via a friend for $1500.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Of course, you mis-worded that, right?  You meant that the buyer is the friend of a friend.

Private party sales have to be face-to-face, you and the buyer, right?

I could easily be wrong about both the above.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
Of course, you mis-worded that, right?  You meant that the buyer is the friend of a friend.

Private party sales have to be face-to-face, you and the buyer, right?

I could easily be wrong about both the above.
View Quote

Thanks for pointing that out. I am gonna sell the pistol to a friend of friend and it will be done via an FFL. Everything is going to be done by the book. Im
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks for pointing that out. I am gonna sell the pistol to a friend of friend and it will be done via an FFL. Everything is going to be done by the book. Im
View Quote

If the deal falls thru, I'll be a friend also have a good FFL/Dealer it can be sent to.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rmrz:

If the deal falls thru, I'll be a friend also have a good FFL/Dealer it can be sent to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rmrz:

The deal went through, rmrz.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top