Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2024 9:37:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bushmaster1]
Simply put. Can I attach a 10round mag permanently (make mag release permanently inoperable)  and be ok?

https://crossarmory.com/product/ar-fixed-mag-quick-pins-top-loading-kit-for-ar-15/#configuration
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm assuming on an AR?  Not a lawyer, but its still an ar, still semi auto, but does it have an adj stock, flash hider, barrel shroud or pistol grip?
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By bushmaster1:
Simply put. Can I attach a 10round mag permanently (make mag release permanently inoperable)  and be ok?
View Quote

Also not a lawyer and my opinion is that this will not absolve you from having to submit a disclosure affidavit.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
IANAL, but I would think so.

I'm also of the opinion that one is OK by removing the gas block/tube, and replacing it with a gas block (no tube) that is backwards, thus making it a straight pull weapon.  
You must either destroy, or send the original gas tubes out of state.

Either way, it is your call on what you want to risk.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The reason I ask is “ability to accept a detachable magazine”… permanent 10 round mag.  No longer able to accept a detachable magazine. Asking because it’s worked in New York and California
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine or that
may be readily modified to accept a detachable magazine, if the firearm has one or
more of the following:
View Quote

I guess it depends on if one thinks that this permanent Magazine/the firearm in question can yet be "readily modified" to accept a detachable magazine. I don't know enough about the modification kit but I'm pretty sure if it can be easily installed, it could be readily uninstalled and the firearm returned to it's normal functionality. The only way to really know is to do it and see what happens - The rules of this Game are so convoluted and contradictory that very little of it is plain to understand.

What is the ATF's definition of Readily Modified? Isn't it like 8 hours in a machine shop to perform the modification? Meaning that unless it takes a fully equipped machine shop 8 hours to do it is "readily modified". I'm just guessing....Illinois PICA is *not* California or New York.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VodoundaVinci:

I guess it depends on if one thinks that this permanent Magazine/the firearm in question can yet be "readily modified" to accept a detachable magazine. I don't know enough about the modification kit but I'm pretty sure if it can be easily installed, it could be readily uninstalled and the firearm returned to it's normal functionality. The only way to really know is to do it and see what happens - The rules of this Game are so convoluted and contradictory that very little of it is plain to understand.

What is the ATF's definition of Readily Modified? Isn't it like 8 hours in a machine shop to perform the modification? Meaning that unless it takes a fully equipped machine shop 8 hours to do it is "readily modified". I'm just guessing....Illinois PICA is *not* California or New York.

VooDoo
View Quote

I know the one kit has a plug you tap in with a hammer. I was thinking of going one step further and throwing a couple tig spots on it .
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, from me best of luck to ya whatever you decide. This whole mess is an abomination.

VooDoo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top