Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2024 7:01:12 PM EDT
C2 came out with a membership last year where you paid $75 and then $50 every time you went. I only head out there when I need to get zeroes on guns for matches so it was the cheapest option for me.

I was out there Saturday, and they had a sign up saying no new memberships and all current memberships end 3/31. I asked and that may be it for the owners and C2 as they are thinking hard about retirement.

The place is usually a ghost town when I go. There was a lot of gun fire coming from areas around the range though. The owner said he catches a lot of blame as they start early and everyone thinks it is coming from C2.

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven’t been since just before they implemented the membership only. Thought it was a cool place, but for as little as I made it down there, the membership wasn’t worth it.

My $50 Freedom membership takes care of my weekly practice.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mchgnxj24:
I haven’t been since just before they implemented the membership only. Thought it was a cool place, but for as little as I made it down there, the membership wasn’t worth it.

My $50 Freedom membership takes care of my weekly practice.
View Quote

That's where I normally shoot but I need longer than 25 yds.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Well it’s currently duck season, so that’s why everyone starts early and there a bunch of blinds on back bay right next to that place.  

I also might know some other people making noise
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah last time I spoke to c2 I think the owners mother passed away and he was very sadden about it.

If you want a 100 yards range and have no NFA items then check out the OBX gun club in NC. I had a membership for a few years there and would hit the range a few times in the winter months when it’s not too busy. Not sure if NC passed any sort of anti 2a bills but call them up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dboy11:
Well it’s currently duck season, so that’s why everyone starts early and there a bunch of blinds on back bay right next to that place.  

I also might know some other people making noise
View Quote

The ducks must have been coming in waves, lol.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dalle0001:
Yeah last time I spoke to c2 I think the owners mother passed away and he was very sadden about it.

If you want a 100 yards range and have no NFA items then check out the OBX gun club in NC. I had a membership for a few years there and would hit the range a few times in the winter months when it’s not too busy. Not sure if NC passed any sort of anti 2a bills but call them up.
View Quote

Does the gun club not allow NFA items? That would be a pretty good indicator to avoid it for me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:17:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#7]
Originally Posted By 1AEGW:

Does the gun club not allow NFA items? That would be a pretty good indicator to avoid it for me.
View Quote

Usually you can’t take NFA items across state lines if you’re in Virginia. Suppressors okay as far as I know though.  In NC I’m sure you can if their laws allow it and you notified that you’re taking an item across state lines.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:15:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#8]

Usually you can’t take NFA items across state lines if you’re in Virginia. Suppressors okay as far as I know though.  In NC I’m sure you can if their laws allow it and you notified that you’re taking an item across state lines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1AEGW:

You just need to do an ATF Form 5320.20 for interstate transport of NFA items. Do it for a year and use the NC range address as your out of state destination address.

I do a stack of them every year for 5-6 states and send them in 3 months prior to the last year's forms expiring.

No need to notify anyone in NC or VA about it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

You just need to do an ATF Form 5320.20 for interstate transport of NFA items. Do it for a year and use the NC range address as your out of state destination address.

I do a stack of them every year for 5-6 states and send them in 3 months prior to the last year's forms expiring.

No need to notify anyone in NC or VA about it.
View Quote

This is the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top