Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2024 6:10:33 PM EDT
Best way to ship a gun back to the manufacturer for repair? They gave a few different options but is there a best way? I'm thinking get a shipping label from them and do it that way but they said you can go through an FFL or use "ship my gun", whatever that is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Handgun or long gun?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:49:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KoolOperator] [#2]
If "they" the manufacturer will give you a return label then absolutely do that. You box, apply label, drop off. Or even call for a pickup.

I seem to recall UPS and FedEx recently decided not to ship firearms from non -FFL holders? USPS never allowed it from non-FFL if I recall.

Bet it would cost you $60 or more with insurance now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:22:48 AM EDT
[#3]
USPS never allowed it from non-FFL if I recall.
View Quote
Only handguns, you can still ship long guns as a private individual through USPS.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jason280:
Handgun or long gun?
View Quote

Handgun
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KoolOperator:
If "they" the manufacturer will give you a return label then absolutely do that. You box, apply label, drop off. Or even call for a pickup.

I seem to recall UPS and FedEx recently decided not to ship firearms from non -FFL holders? USPS never allowed it from non-FFL if I recall.

Bet it would cost you $60 or more with insurance now.
View Quote

Ok, thanks. They (Beretta) also said something about you can't take it to a UPS store, it has to a different kind of UPS place (sorry I can't remember the name) which I thought was strange.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
The "UPS store" located in the strip shopping center next to Publix and Great Clips will not accept a firearm, no if and or but.  The owner will have to take it to an actual UPS facility IF one already possess a shipping label issued by the factory service department.

Example, UPS and FEDEX won't accept a firearm that a private person (me) sold to a buyer on Gunbroker, even if the seller is shipping the item to the buyer's FFL.  I had to ask my favorite gun store to ship a handgun to my buyer's FFL.  It's not an ATF regulation, it's the carriers new policy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#7]
If needed, you could get the label and bring it to my shop in Madison. As far as I know, I could have my UPS driver pick it up there.

If that is of interest to you, let me know, and I’ll call my driver to make certain he can do that for us.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, still waiting on the shipping label from Beretta.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Last time I shipped a pistol I had to drop it off at the UPS Customer Service Center Hub in Roswell.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Apparently now they won't send a shipping label because it's not covered under warranty anymore...
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Sadly, Beretta customer service is awful. Not necessarily for that reason but for damn near every reason.

shipmygun.com is actually a service offered by Bud's guns, which is a large distributor/dealer out of Kentucky (and Tn.) that basically allows you to use their firearms shipping account with UPS, etc. (along with the discount they get from the shippers) in exchange for a fee. They're a legit service if choose to go that route and normally a bit cheaper than trying to ship it with UPS or Fedex on your own.

You pay them and they give you a label.

If you prefer cheaper, you might try finding a dealer who's willing to ship it through the post office for you.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#12]
So it's going back via "ship my gun".  It seems their website is a big pile and extremely confusing but after she called them they got it filled out correctly. We'll see how it goes from here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#13]
"Ship My Gun" was a pain to use at first but after talking to their customer service everything ran perfectly.  The gun arrived quickly and was sent back quickly.

Despite initially telling her that the repair would not be covered under warranty and she would be billed, Beretta actually fixed the gun and replaced several parts. They fixed the gun at no cost and shipped it back in a nice plastic gun case as well.  

Thanks for the "Ship My Gun" recommendation. My faith in Beretta's customer service has been renewed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I recently sent a fn back to fnh ( waste of time )  they supplied the label and I dropped off at an ups store near me and no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top