Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/29/2024 7:51:01 PM EDT
Mods: To be clear, I'm not trying to sell it on AR15.  If I was trying to do a person-to-person, I would post it on EE.
My first AR-15 build is once that I have not used in a long while, and I'm thinking I can liquidate it and put that towards upgrading my other newer platforms.

Can someone recommend a worth-while store to take my old rifle to in order to sell it?  I'm in the Louisville area.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
ECC doesn't do consignments so they may buy it, but you won't get much for it.   You could always try River City Guns.  There is Sportsmans Rod and Gun in Etown that may be an option for you.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's not a factory build and not a really desirable brand of lower, I would expect to get about half of what you think it's worth or less from a shop.  

I was in Louisville a couple of years ago and did a tour of several of the remaining local shops, and heard lots of complaining that ARs weren't worth much because online sellers undercut them so badly.  That didn't keep them from pricing what they had on the wall sky high.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Hard to judge when the next round of panic buying is going to happen. Feels like the market is still pretty saturated from the last few rounds

Not sure if it's an option here but in WA you could walk around the gun show with a "for sale" sign on it

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#5]
My opinion - don't take it to a store, as stated, they will cut you on it because they have to make a profit.

Me - I would keep the lower and sell everything else on the EE.  

Might keep the upper too to build something else someday, its coming, you just don't know it yet.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all for your thoughts. I figured that a shop wouldn't be the best way, but you never know if your perception is correct or not.

As for panic buying...you're probably right about saving it until then. I just kind-of want to have another build completed before that panic occurs, you know?

I'll weigh my options for F2F or EE, and go from there.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#7]
You might try the Sporting Goods Section of KyClassifieds if looking to do a FTF.

KY Classifieds
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used Star Armory (used to be genisis or something) and they were good.

another option is 95 Bravo arms

I dont work for either, but both have been good.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Might be worth hanging onto it until the next panic, or seeing if you can part out the upper or sell the complete upper separately (since it doesn't need an FFL).

I have used consignment in the past, and while it took a while to sell, stuff did eventually sell.  The cut the store took was well worth the trade off of not having to do it myself.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Papposilenus:
I've used Star Armory (used to be genisis or something) and they were good.

another option is 95 Bravo arms

I dont work for either, but both have been good.
View Quote

I know Roger, he's a pretty nice guy. He's actually who I got it from in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I sold a couple of rifles to River City two-years-ago. Normally, I'd post them on the EE, but I was short on freetime back then and RC had something I wanted anyway. They gave me ~70% market value. Granted, they were mil-surps that sold almost immediately. With the market being flooded with them, an AR might be a little different. RC probably isn't in the same place financially as they were back then either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top