Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 10:34:32 PM EDT
I'm going to be in Dallas next week and figured I'd ask what gun shops in the DFW area you recommend? I see that Rifle Gear is in the Dallas area. Any other cool places to hit, particularly for an AR & AK fan?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve always liked Ray’s Sporting Goods.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SideCarGT] [#2]
Ray’s is good.
GT Distributors
Texas Gun Experience (in Grapevine near DFW airport)
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SideCarGT:
Ray’s is good.
GT Distributors
Texas Gun Experience (in Grapevine near DFW airport)
View Quote

This place has a nice machine gun rental fleet. I took my nephew and bil when the came to visit the state. We rented an MG42, MP5sd, and a Thompson . Not cheap but a lot of fun.
Good selection of guns and knives for sale in the shop
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GravyLegs:

This place has a nice machine gun rental fleet. I took my nephew and bil when the came to visit the state. We rented an MG42, MP5sd, and a Thompson . Not cheap but a lot of fun.
Good selection of guns and knives for sale in the shop
View Quote

Yup, they even have an MP7

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Rifle Gear
Texas Gun Experience
Scheels
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Jackson Armory for the classics.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FAIL-SAFE:
View Quote

This right here, if you have any interest in Milsurps, this is the answer in Dallas, and you can stop by Kuby's for lunch (great German food) or dinner!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't leave out Bauer Precision in Denton. They have like everything!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

A must if you like milsurp and vintage although they have their share of modern firearms as well.

And I wholeheartedly second walking around the corner to Kuby's for some of the best German food in town.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Manduck:

A must if you like milsurp and vintage although they have their share of modern firearms as well.

And I wholeheartedly second walking around the corner to Kuby's for some of the best German food in town.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Manduck:

If you are going to Jackson Arms you might as well go down Mockingbird to Beretta Gallery, Holland and Holland's gun room which is above a jewelry store and Clay Shooter's Supply. That's 4 very different gun store experiences within a mile or so of each other. Orvis is close by as well if you want to look around.

Couple of those places skew pretty snobby.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I did not have a pleasant experience at Texas Gun Experience in Grapevine.
Very overpriced and all the employees seemed like they were in a competition as to who could wear the most 5.11 clothing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SquatchAv8:
I did not have a pleasant experience at Texas Gun Experience in Grapevine.
Very overpriced and all the employees seemed like they were in a competition as to who could wear the most 5.11 clothing.
View Quote

TGE seems like it targets gun tourism and the wealthy who live in that neighborhood.  

Their ammo and firearms pricing is so high, I never bother going there unless they have a holiday sale.  

If one was visiting and just wanted to rent some guns to blast away, that would be a solid stop.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:51:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sailboat] [#13]
Originally Posted By naes:

TGE seems like it targets gun tourism and the wealthy who live in that neighborhood.  

Their ammo and firearms pricing is so high, I never bother going there unless they have a holiday sale.  

If one was visiting and just wanted to rent some guns to blast away, that would be a solid stop.
View Quote
That's my range and I love it.  They keep the riff-raff out.

That's the only range in Texas where I don't feel like somebody is going to off themselves or accidentally shoot me.

@CATM where did you end up going?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Sailboat:
That's my range and I love it.  They keep the riff-raff out.

That's the only range in Texas where I don't feel like somebody is going to off themselves or accidentally shoot me.

@CATM where did you end up going?
View Quote

Probably going to hit RifleGear today and that is it, so far. Unfortunately, the wife and daughter had other plans for me. Going downtown to the NRA Convention tomorrow. That is as close to SHOT as you can get without going to SHOT.

Thanks all for the suggestions! My daughter lives down here in McKinney now, so I'll be back again multiple times in the no-too-distant-future. I'll end up checking the gun shops out for sure!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CATM:

Probably going to hit RifleGear today and that is it, so far. Unfortunately, the wife and daughter had other plans for me. Going downtown to the NRA Convention tomorrow. That is as close to SHOT as you can get without going to SHOT.

Thanks all for the suggestions! My daughter lives down here in McKinney now, so I'll be back again multiple times in the no-too-distant-future. I'll end up checking the gun shops out for sure!
View Quote

Have you gone to Hutchins yet?
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

Have you gone to Hutchins yet?
View Quote

Hutchins BBQ? Absolutely! First night here. Excellent stuff!
Top Top