Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2024 12:42:06 PM EDT
I got this from my Police retirement organization.  

BREAKING NEWS

Paul Beakman received this information in a personal call on a Sunday from NYS Assemblyman Dave DiPietro (District 147).
This Bill was introduced by NYS Assemblywoman Chantel Jackson of the 79th District (Bronx, NYC).  The Bill is being RUSHED through the Committee stage at record speed.

NYS Assembly Bill A3855
(NYS Senate equivalent is S5763)

Relates to establishing additional requirements to purchase a firearm, shotgun or rifle; requires a person to apply for a hunting license prior to the purchase of a shotgun or rifle; establishes additional requirements for all firearms, shotguns and rifles including taking a five hour gun safety course and exam, passing a shooting range test with 90% accuracy, providing notarized proof of a passed drug test and mental health evaluation, providing proof of purchase of firearm and ammunition safe storage depositories and passing a criminal background check.

As you can plainly see, this Bill would be the biggest effort yet in the whole history of New York State to hinder, curtail, prevent, and downright STOP legal gun ownership.  The British tried it in the 1770’s and failed.  Rest assured, Governor Kathy Hochul and her Party will not fail.  She will not fail because legal and responsible gun owners sit on their hands and do nothing but bitch & moan about such attempts.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By GodfatherLV:

BREAKING NEWS

Paul Beakman received this information in a personal call on a Sunday from NYS Assemblyman Dave DiPietro (District 147).
This Bill was introduced by NYS Assemblywoman Chantel Jackson of the 79th District (Bronx, NYC).  The Bill is being RUSHED through the Committee stage at record speed.

NYS Assembly Bill A3855

Relates to establishing additional requirements to purchase a firearm, shotgun or rifle; requires a person to apply for a hunting license prior to the purchase of a shotgun or rifle; establishes additional requirements for all firearms, shotguns and rifles including taking a five hour gun safety course and exam, passing a shooting range test with 90% accuracy, providing notarized proof of a passed drug test and mental health evaluation, providing proof of purchase of firearm and ammunition safe storage depositories and passing a criminal background check.

As you can plainly see, this Bill would be the biggest effort yet in the whole history of New York State to hinder, curtail, prevent, and downright STOP legal gun ownership.  The British tried it in the 1770’s and failed.  Rest assured, Governor Kathy Hochul and her Party will not fail.  She will not fail because legal and responsible gun owners sit on their hands and do nothing but bitch & moan about such attempts.
View Quote

@nyrkba
@hiramranger
@nolocontendere

This would basically ban all guns for anyone moving forward in NY.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:

@nyrkba
@hiramranger
@nolocontendere

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

BREAKING NEWS

NYS Assembly Bill A3855

@nyrkba
@hiramranger
@nolocontendere

I don't see it happening in an election year, but this does not shock me at all, nor would it if it were to pass. This shit is why it is absolutely vital that GOA push forward with Antonyuk aggressively. Anything but will only embolden them, and we need a decisive win in SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
And this is why everyone needs to be against training requirements.

This will force everyone to get mandatory, expensive, time consuming training just to own a rifle or shotgun.

And if passed they will make you take the training every 3 years.

So next time one of you says training is ok...think about this.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for making me even sicker of this state. We already pass a criminal background check. FKH and all.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#6]

This will force everyone to get mandatory, expensive, time consuming training just to own a rifle or shotgun.

View Quote

Have people here really been saying that?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MPi-KMS-72:

View All Quotes

Yes there are some idiots who are OK with it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Calling the sponsors of the bill and speaking with the legislative directors...they are hell bent on saying that owning a gun is not a constitutional right. They just flat out say it's not a right.

Can't argue with people like that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Calling the sponsors of the bill and speaking with the legislative directors...they are hell bent on saying that owning a gun is not a constitutional right. They just flat out say it's not a right.

Can't argue with people like that.
View Quote

No you can't, yet they think abortion is an inviolate right...
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Good luck with that.   While I realize they don't care about the constitution this is ridiculous to the point of being laughable.   I can't believe that even the most crazy liberal judge could justify forcing someone to buy a hunting license in order to own a rifle or a shotgun.  Hunting has nothing to do with the 2nd and the right to own a rifle, shotgun or handgun for self defense is clearly established in Heller.  As much as NY sucks I don't see this going anywhere.  I hope I am right.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:23:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crwdplsr] [#11]
……and one day they came for the Fudds

Lol

2nd amendment isn’t about hunting

Edit:  BTW. LE doesn’t need a 90% passing in firearms qualification
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By crwdplsr:
……and one day they came for the Fudds

Lol

2nd amendment isn’t about hunting

Edit:  BTW. LE doesn’t need a 90% passing in firearms qualification
View Quote

Most of the LEOs I worked with could hardly hit paper at 25 yards. 185/250 was passing in my Dept.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
For the few bills I have ever bothered to read, a majority almost always include a clause along the lines of "privilege to own a gun". So it is no surprise that they state verbally what they are putting in their bills.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Meathook:
Good luck with that.   While I realize they don't care about the constitution this is ridiculous to the point of being laughable.   I can't believe that even the most crazy liberal judge could justify forcing someone to buy a hunting license in order to own a rifle or a shotgun.  Hunting has nothing to do with the 2nd and the right to own a rifle, shotgun or handgun for self defense is clearly established in Heller.  As much as NY sucks I don't see this going anywhere.  I hope I am right.
View Quote
Its written how its written by design.  They will pass it knowing they will enforce it while its in court for years.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aubertine] [#15]
Let me see, in order to buy a hunting license you need a hunter safety course (7 hours) before you buy it.  So you do 7 hours, buy a license (not apply idiots) then go do another safety course with a range requirement??  The biggest problem with the anti constitution crowd is the ignorance.  
I have to add what does hunting have to do with our god given right to protect ourselves and family?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:40:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MPi-KMS-72] [#16]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

View Quote

I spend as little time as possible in NYHTF so I must have missed it.  Fuck those guys though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#18]

BREAKING NEWS

NYS Assembly Bill A3855

View Quote

They know they have to thwart gun ownership at all costs as the coming conflicts with the neo-democrat voters (illegal aliens) will have those concerned with personal safety as well as restraining those with new Rights and Citizenship status from obtaining guns from Legal sources (the few that remain).
Perhaps if people had to do all that shit to Vote it would be a different story...more action from the ignorant BLAC Caucus of NYC...we should string Razor wire over the Bridges of NYC to keep the fuckers down there and out of Albany.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Hopefully no one here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DancingBear:

Hopefully no one here.
View Quote

I can think of at least one who has taken that position in the past.  Personally, any restriction on an enumerated inalienable right is unacceptable.  Too bad the low IQ morons in Albany fail to comprehend that reality.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#21]
If this shit passes I’m moving back to Ohio.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By thirsty:
View Quote

What on earth you waiting for? I beat feet from Ny in 2015, I couldn’t imagine still being stuck there, and can think of absolutely no good reason as a gun owner to stay. No job, no land, no house nothing. I have 2 exceptions to this- if you are within 3 years of retirement in a job that doesn’t allow you to move ( the irony that a lot of gun owning state / municipal workers stay until they retire then leave) or you are caring for a sick or dying relative. Even #2 is weak, if they are healthy to travel just take them with you.
If you are a gun owner under 40 get out period. You can get a new job and life elsewhere- if you have elderly relatives too pig headed to realize what NY has become and are unwilling to go with you- leave them behind and don’t look back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thirsty] [#23]
Originally Posted By captain127:

What on earth you waiting for? I beat feet from Ny in 2015, I couldn’t imagine still being stuck there, and can think of absolutely no good reason as a gun owner to stay. No job, no land, no house nothing. I have 2 exceptions to this- if you are within 3 years of retirement in a job that doesn’t allow you to move ( the irony that a lot of gun owning state / municipal workers stay until they retire then leave) or you are caring for a sick or dying relative. Even #2 is weak, if they are healthy to travel just take them with you.
If you are a gun owner under 40 get out period. You can get a new job and life elsewhere- if you have elderly relatives too pig headed to realize what NY has become and are unwilling to go with you- leave them behind and don’t look back.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By captain127:
Originally Posted By thirsty:

We just moved back to NY from Ohio, and there’s no way I’m getting my wife to leave. Truthfully, I don’t want to leave my family again, though when I read bills like in the OP my initial reaction is to fuck right off again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Considering a judge just tossed out the drug test and social media requirement as blatantly unconstitutional, I dont see this bill going anywhere as its currently written. With that said, I have no doubt it will be quickly rewritten and resubmitted in record time…
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Yes, there have been a couple that I personally remember supporting the training requirement, but I’m not going to call anyone out (@).

This isn’t an anti badge comment on any level, because I support all of our first responders in every discipline (LE, FD & EMS), but there is no requirement from the MPTC/DCJS for Police Officer requalification beyond the BCPO (aka, basic training) in the state of NY.  Virtually every department does it because it makes sense liability wise (also common sense from a proficiency training prospective), but it is NOT required by any statute, nor regulation any where…..  It is for Peace Officers and Security Guards though.  Just food for thought and not intended for LEO bashing ammo.  More to point out that statutes in NY are poorly thought out (if at all) and that there are huge hypocrisies created that further the division of people that might normally be aligned……but maybe that IS the point.  (Ref: Saul Alinski & Cloward/Piven)
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ulyranger:

Yes, there have been a couple that I personally remember supporting the training requirement, but I’m not going to call anyone out (@).

This isn’t an anti badge comment on any level, because I support all of our first responders in every discipline (LE, FD & EMS), but there is no requirement from the MPTC/DCJS for Police Officer requalification beyond the BCPO (aka, basic training) in the state of NY.  Virtually every department does it because it makes sense liability wise (also common sense from a proficiency training prospective), but it is NOT required by any statute, nor regulation any where…..  It is for Peace Officers and Security Guards though.  Just food for thought and not intended for LEO bashing ammo.  More to point out that statutes in NY are poorly thought out (if at all) and that there are huge hypocrisies created that further the division of people that might normally be aligned……but maybe that IS the point.  (Ref: Saul Alinski & Cloward/Piven)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ulyranger:

That’s the truth.

<~ LEO Firearms Instructor

Their goal is control and division.  It’s right out of the Leftists playbook
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Bushman_269:

Personally, any restriction on an enumerated inalienable right is unacceptable.  Too bad the low IQ morons in Albany fail to comprehend that reality.
View Quote
They comprehend it very well. It is just that in the case of the 2nd Amendment, they do not recognize it as an individual right, if at all, except for the King and his men. So there is no "restriction" in their mind. Despite SCOTUS having spoken three times (Heller, McDonald, Bruen) on the matter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top