Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 48
Posted: 6/23/2022 9:56:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Phoenix_III]
I just read a statement where the AG conceded that 'all other requirements still apply', meaning they seem to be (immediately) recognizing the justifiable need is gone.

I haven't found a single place (don't do Facebook) talking about the steps to apply. Like, when doing the form in triplicate, can it be a photocopy or needs to be ink on all 3? Your references have to fill out the same form 3x, on the same form the other 2 references use?

Stupid stuff like that, but don't want the form kicked back.

Instructions: https://www.nj.gov/njsp/firearms/pdf/Permit_to_Carry_Instructions_v1.pdf

Form: https://www.nj.gov/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/sp-642.pdf

Mental Health: https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/pdf/sp-066.pdf

If someone knows where to go that would be good. njgunforums seems dead to this (at least under the passed legislation subforum).
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
With the supreme court case that just happened it should be a lot easier to get one. Id like to get one for my travels.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I’d wait a week to see if they ag or state police come out with something.  The reason is what would a civilian qual course look like and can they even require that.  My guest is the state will have its hand out looking to make money off this.  So they will have some form safety/qual course.  They could kick the application back saying the course you qualed on isn’t the right one for civilians.  What ever happens here you just know nj is going to squeeze people’s tits for as much cash as possible.  I’m guessing their in state of deep shock wondering what the hell their gonna do.  It seems clear to me and probably you to that they have to issue permits if the person asking wants one and has no handicaps.  It’s going to be very interesting to see what happens with the 15 round mag ban.  Still in the courts.  The state balancing test the courts used for decades to fuck us is gone.  I’m so glad this went the way it did.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
It's 10rds now btw.

I'm a certified instructor so not too worried unless they make a new cert up

I'll wait till Monday
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:13:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link to h the AG's statement? I also wouldn't be too quick to jump in on this. Murphy had said he's going to fight this. Whatever that means. So you know the state is going to pay fuck-fuck games. I can't see them willingly using CCW permits for at least 12+ months while they get their hoops for us to jump through in place.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Phoenix_III:
I just read a statement where the AG conceded that 'all other requirements still apply', meaning they seem to be (immediately) recognizing the justifiable need is gone.

I haven't found a single place (don't do Facebook) talking about the steps to apply. Like, when doing the form in triplicate, can it be a photocopy or needs to be ink on all 3? Your references have to fill out the same form 3x, on the same form the other 2 references use?

Instructions: https://www.nj.gov/njsp/firearms/pdf/Permit_to_Carry_Instructions_v1.pdf

If someone knows where to go that would be good. njgunforums seems dead to this (at least under the passed legislation subforum).
View Quote

I called my local PD and they said that I could have the original application completed less signatures and notary and then copied and signed and notarized each copy and original. I also took a CCW course at my range and included three copies of the certificate. Also need 4 Passport sized pictures. I'm waiting to submit the application to hear what goes on the next couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By budasc:

I called my local PD and they said that I could have the original application completed less signatures and notary and then copied and signed and notarized each copy and original. I also took a CCW course at my range and included three copies of the certificate. Also need 4 Passport sized pictures. I'm waiting to submit the application to hear what goes on the next couple of weeks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By budasc:

I’m sure if and when I apply there will be a metric fuckton of shit I’m going to have to do because I don’t have a local PD. I deal with the njsp.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Google maybe?

"Carrying a handgun without a permit is still illegal in this state, and all other requirements for obtaining a carry permit still apply," Platkin said.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Google maybe?

"Carrying a handgun without a permit is still illegal in this state, and all other requirements for obtaining a carry permit still apply," Platkin said.
View Quote

Yeah, I read the article where he said that. I just thought you had seen an official statement from donkey month's office.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:09:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#10]
I'd definitely hold off on applying for a CCW for now.

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/MurphyAnnouncesPlansToThwartBruen

June 24, 2022.  At a press event this morning, Gov. Phil Murphy begrudgingly acknowledged the decision in the Bruen right to carry case, and in an executive order simultaneously tasked all state agencies and departments to focus on limiting right to carry by declaring as many places as possible to be gun free zones, and to limit how firearms are carried, transported, and conveyed.

Click here to see Murphy's remarks, and click here to see his executive order.

Memo to Gov. Murphy: the old days are over, and Bruen blocks government schemes to interfere with right to carry by law-abiding citizens.  Anything the government does post-Bruen to change long-established right to carry rules in NJ will come back to bite him, badly.  The days of weaponizing government to deny citizens their basic rights are over.

Please stay turned for further updates.
View Quote

Commie phil is going to make this painful and he's looking into making almost everywhere illegal to carry. He's also going to ban certain guns from being carried.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone know if you apply and are rejected what happens? If you re-apply will you be once again rejected?

No way I would apply now till King Murphy consults with his 2A hating AG and his corrupt Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:49:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#13]
AG released a statement.

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/NJDropsJustifiableNeed

June 24, 2022. At the close of business today, and in light of the Bruen decision, the New Jersey Attorney General issued a directive to law enforcement agencies and prosecutors mandating that NJ carry permit applications now be processed WITHOUT an applicant having to prove "justifiable need."

CLICK HERE to see a copy of the directive.

The effect of this directive is to remove any doubt that the Bruen decision applies in New Jersey, and that someone applying for a concealed carry permit in the Garden State need only satisfy typical requirements, such as:

1.        Passing state-mandated background checks.
2.        Submitting three references.
3.        Satisfying the state-mandated training requirement for carry permits.

While Gov. Murphy has announced that he intends to try to limit carry in every way possible, whatever actions he tries to take will have to pass Constitutional muster under Bruen. Today's announcement by the Attorney General is nothing short of EARTH-SHAKING and represents the culmination of decades of incredibly difficult work by gun owners.

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERY HONEST GUN OWNER IN NEW JERSEY!
View Quote

I'd still wait to see what king tooth says about where we can and can't carry.

I'm hoping ANJRPC will hold a new jersey CCW seminar.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Yet the governor is sigining an EO to make CC damn near impossible.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LUGERMAN:
Yet the governor is sigining an EO to make CC damn near impossible.
View Quote

Yup, it's almost like no one talks to one another.

I understand they have to figure out where you can and can't carry like the 43 other states but the way murphy is whining and crying he wants there to be no where to carry.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#16]
https://www.njoag.gov/acting-ag-platkin-issues-directive-clarifying-requirements-for-carrying-firearms-in-public-in-wake-of-supreme-courts-decision/
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 7:40:32 AM EDT
[#17]
My dept. hasn't received any guidance yet. Issuing carry permits is going to be the easy part anyway, it's all the other stuff, like are we going to be a "Duty to Inform" state? Hollowpoins still banned? Definition of concealed? Etc.

Also, does a carry permit superseded a LEO'S permit to carry? LEO's are required to qualify with off-duty guns in order to carry them off-duty, and must follow department rules in regards to off-duty guns (my department doesn't allow us to carry revolvers or 1911 style pistols off-duty for example), but if I get a regular carry permit I no longer have to qualify and can carry whatever I want, while also ignoring the capacity limits?
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
My dept. hasn't received any guidance yet. Issuing carry permits is going to be the easy part anyway, it's all the other stuff, like are we going to be a "Duty to Inform" state? Hollowpoins still banned? Definition of concealed? Etc.

Also, does a carry permit superseded a LEO'S permit to carry? LEO's are required to qualify with off-duty guns in order to carry them off-duty, and must follow department rules in regards to off-duty guns (my department doesn't allow us to carry revolvers or 1911 style pistols off-duty for example), but if I get a regular carry permit I no longer have to qualify and can carry whatever I want, while also ignoring the capacity limits?
View Quote

With all due respect sir, fuck your capacity limits....it's bad enoiugh they exist to begin with, but if you get to ignore them while off duty, essentially indistinguishable from the general populace, then so should we.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By johnQpublik:

With all due respect sir, fuck your capacity limits....it's bad enoiugh they exist to begin with, but if you get to ignore them while off duty, essentially indistinguishable from the general populace, then so should we.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By johnQpublik:

I'm a 2A absolutist. You don't have to explain that to me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#20]
My printer is patiently waiting to go BRRR with the forms, but what counts as for the training and where can we find an approved course to take?  That's probably where they'll find ways to fuck us over.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#21]
If there is a requirement to have a safety course certification is there anyplace in central Jersey that provides that? I looked at Tactical Training Center north of me and their web site makes no mention yet of a course offering.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#22]
It's 10rds now btw.

I'm a certified instructor so not too worried unless they make a new cert up

I'll wait till Monday
View Quote

As a certified instructor can you certify yourself as having qualified with any gun you want?

Asking because I am an instructor as well and the way the instructions for the application read it’s not clear that an instructor credential can be used to replace the requirement to produce a qualifying score for each gun.

In any other state, this would be a stupid question.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By GonnaNeedaBiggerBoat:
My printer is patiently waiting to go BRRR with the forms, but what counts as for the training and where can we find an approved course to take?  That's probably where they'll find ways to fuck us over.
View Quote

Same here.

I
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I imagine they're gonna have to change the application.

Doubt Superior Court Judges are going to want to be bothered over this.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm a 2A absolutist. You don't have to explain that to me.
View Quote

Understood.  And actually good to hear....since so many of your colleagues are not

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:23:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 3:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#27]
https://www.evannappen.com/how-to-get-your-nj-carry-permit/

Under N.J.S. 2C:58-4d., a person must satisfy the Court that he/she is:

a person of good character and not subject to the disabilities of N.J.S. 2C:58-3c.;thoroughly familiar with the use and safe handling of the handgun.

What is “good character” under New Jersey law?

Overall “good character” is an objective standard based on the disqualifications listed under N.J.S. 2C:58-3c. However, it could also be based on subjective standards, such as “in the interest of public health, safety or welfare” or merely for being named on the Federal Terrorist Watchlist. In any case, “good character” disqualifications may include any person who:

has been convicted of a crime or a disorderly persons offense involving an act of domestic violence;is drug dependent;has been confined for a mental disorder to a hospital or mental institution;is a habitual drunkard;suffers from a physical defect or disease which would make it unsafe to handle firearms;is an alcoholic;falsifies information on the application form;is under the age of 18;is a person where the issuance would not be in the interest of public health, safety or welfare;is a person subject to a court order under the Domestic Violence Act prohibiting firearm possession;is a person who as a juvenile was adjudicated delinquent for an offense which, if committed by an adult, would constitute a crime and involved the unlawful use or possession of a weapon, explosive or destructive device or was one of the offenses enumerated under the No Early Release Act (NERA), which include murder, aggravated manslaughter, manslaughter, vehicular homicide, aggravated assault, disarming a law enforcement officer, kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, robbery, carjacking, aggravated arson, burglary, extortion, booby traps in CDS manufacturing or distribution facilities, strict liability for drug induced deaths, terrorism, possessing chemical weapons, biological agents, or nuclear devices, and first degree racketeering;is a person whose firearm is seized pursuant to the “Prevention of Domestic Violence Act of 1991,” C.2C:25-17 et seq. and whose firearm has not been returned;is named on the consolidated Terrorist Watchlist maintained by the Terrorist Screening Center administered by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.any person who is subject to a court order prohibiting the custody, control, ownership, purchase, possession, or receipt of a firearm or ammunition issued pursuant to the “Extreme Risk Protective Order Act of 2018,” P.L.2018, c.35 (C.2C:58-20 et al.).

What constitutes safe handling of a firearm under New Jersey law?

A:  Safe handling of a firearm is an objective standard met by meeting the requirements of N.J.A.C. 13:54-2.4(b).

Each applicant shall demonstrate a thorough familiarity with the safe handling and use of handguns by indicating in the space provided therefor on the application form, and on any sworn attachments thereto, any relevant information. Thorough familiarity with the safe handling and use of handguns shall be evidenced by:

Completion of a firearms training course substantially equivalent to the firearms training approved by the Police Training Commission as described by N.J.S.A. 2C:39-6j;Submission of an applicant’s most recent handgun qualification scores utilizing the handgun(s) he or she intends to carry as evidenced by test firings administered by a certified firearms instructor of a police academy, a certified firearms instructor of the National Rifle Association, or any other recognized certified firearms instructor; orPassage of any test in this State’s laws governing the use of force administered by a certified instructor of a police academy, a certified instructor of the National Rifle Association, or any other recognized certified instructor.

How does one apply for a New Jersey Permit to Carry a Handgun?

A:  As per the New Jersey State Police (NJSP) Firearms Information FAQ, if you reside in New Jersey, you must apply with municipal police department where reside. If the municipality where you reside is serviced by the New Jersey State Police, you must apply at the station which covers your municipality. Out of state residents must apply to the New Jersey State Police station nearest to their geographic location.

Applications forms are available to download online at

https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/forms.shtml

Here are the steps to follow when for a New Jersey Permit to Carry a Handgun as also gleaned from the NJSP:

The following instructions are the same for the initial and renewal application

Complete a State of New Jersey Application for Permit to Carry a Handgun,
in triplicate. All references must know the applicant for a minimum of three (3) years prior to the date of the application.All original copies must be notarized.Submit four color passport size photographs with your application package.Complete the Consent for Mental Health Search.Submit in writing a justifiable reason / need for the issuance of a permit toWritten proof of qualification and ownership with the handgun(s) you intend oncarrying if your application is approved. This must be recent at the time of the application and must also be obtained from a certified firearms instructor.A money order in the amount of $50.00 payable to: “Treasurer, State of New Jersey” All armored car guard applications shall be submitted to the appropriate New Jersey State Police Barracks. All others (non-Armored car guards) shall be submitted to the law enforcement agency where the applicant resides. If your town of  residence is covered by a State Police barracks on a full-time basis, submit to that barracks.

If part time, submit to that municipal police department. All out of state applicants must submit to the closest New Jersey State Police Barracks (not to include New Jersey State Police Barracks located on toll roads) to where they are geographically located.

*If you are in need of further assistance or direction, contact your local Municipal Police Department or State Police Barracks for guidance.

How long should it take for the Chief or the Superintendent to approve or deny an application prior to it going to the Superior Court for final disposition by a Judge?

A:  The application must be approved or denied within 60 days of filing. If the application is not approved or denied within 60 days of filing, it shall be deemed approved by the Chief or Superintendent unless the applicant agrees to an extension of time in writing.

What may a person do if he/she has been denied a New Jersey Permit to Carry a Handgun?

A:  Under N.J.S. 2C:58-4e., a person who has been denied a permit to carry a handgun may request a hearing in Superior Court in the County in which he/she is a resident. The request must be made in writing within 30 days of the denial. A copy is served upon the Superintendent of the State Police, County Prosecutor and Chief of Police of the municipality in which he/she resides if he is a resident of New Jersey. Under New Jersey law, the hearing shall be held within 30 days of the receipt of the request
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Hang in there brothers in arms.  NJ will probably be similar to CT.  State police will need to issue guidance for CC requirements.  There will most likely be a training course, fingerprinting etc. like in CT.  I would be curious to see if your ridiculous "purchase permit" goes away or not.  Probably not.  They will drag their feet to let you carry but it's inevitable now.  Your NJ Pistol/Rifle Association may have to sue them to speed things up.  

It's a matter of time.  And equally important, all "AW" and "LCM" restrictions are going away for all of us who live in restricted states.  Strict scrutiny for the win. Thank you Saint Thomas!
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Submitted everything this morning. The LT is a good person, said it will be a learning curve for him too. There is supposed to be training in a few weeks on how to handle the changes. He said he has done about 2 of these in his years with the department, and literally had to hand them to the Superior Court Clerk and go through the app with them.

I offered to do anything/everything to make it easier, that I really did not want to have a 'deny' on there as it would necessitate writing it in on subsequent applications. He understood. Again, seems like a good dude so fingers crossed.

I did also submit my NRA certs (Rifle Pistol Shotgun and Firearm Safety in the Home), as well as 'proof of ownership' (which, BTW, is now a great Red Flag database because several firearms were purchased prior to moving to NJ).

I'll keep the team informed.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Submitted everything this morning. The LT is a good person, said it will be a learning curve for him too. There is supposed to be training in a few weeks on how to handle the changes. He said he has done about 2 of these in his years with the department, and literally had to hand them to the Superior Court Clerk and go through the app with them.

I offered to do anything/everything to make it easier, that I really did not want to have a 'deny' on there as it would necessitate writing it in on subsequent applications. He understood. Again, seems like a good dude so fingers crossed.

I did also submit my NRA certs (Rifle Pistol Shotgun and Firearm Safety in the Home), as well as 'proof of ownership' (which, BTW, is now a great Red Flag database because several firearms were purchased prior to moving to NJ).

I'll keep the team informed.
View Quote

Were you told that your NRA credentials covered you and does that mean you can certify your own qualification scores?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#31]
There is a ton of misinformation around on the internet with people quoting all sorts of things.

The course should be substantially similar to a firearms training course approved by the Police Training Commission.

We will see what happens. I'm in a different spot than others as an instructor, the courses were different to become an instructor vs. say receiving the normal endorsements. I will inquire (as will others) as to what is approved/best.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:28:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#32]
I had read in another thread that they aren’t looking at the scores or the qualification just looking to see that you actually took a qualification course.

Any truth to this?

Are they not forwarding them to judges now?

My biggest fear is getting a denial too. Don’t want that affecting my ability to purchase after the fact.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#33]
I cannot stress enough to people here to wait for the procedure to come out.

When I get updates I'll post em here.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

View Quote

That’s what I’m doing. It’s just so exciting.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#35]
There is a ton of misinformation around on the internet with people quoting all sorts of things.

The course should be substantially similar to a firearms training course approved by the Police Training Commission.

We will see what happens. I'm in a different spot than others as an instructor, the courses were different to become an instructor vs. say receiving the normal endorsements. I will inquire (as will others) as to what is approved/best.

View Quote

I’m an instructor as well. That’s why I asked if it came up in your discussions.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

View All Quotes

This is like waiting to get out on parole.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By scottc1071:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scottc1071:

Exactly. I’ve said that if/when I escape nj and finally get to America I’ll be like the Amish chicks who get to go experience the world during Rumspringa. You know, they get drunk, smoke, do drugs have copious amounts of sex with anyone with a dick. Except for me it’ll be firearms and firearms accessories and NFA items.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:57:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dopple] [#38]
I've been wanting a NJ ccw for a long time, since I still have friends and family there.  Looks pretty straightforward, the only thing that I haven't been able to find details on is the part noted above about the training requirements.  I wonder if having a NY, PA and UT CCW has any weight in this.  "Haven't shot myself or anyone else." probably isn't acceptable.  

ETA:  Clicked linky, read more.  Looks like a live fire test is needed to prove you can hit a target.  I'll ask a buddy who's an instructor.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Just got this email from the NRA,

New Jersey’s acting Attorney General, Matthew J. Platkin, issued a directive “clarifying requirements for carrying firearms in public” a day after the historic ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court in New York State Rifle & Pistol Assoc. v. Bruen on June 23. That ruling struck down as unconstitutional the handgun permitting regime in neighboring New York State, which, like New Jersey’s, is based on a “may issue” approach. The Court held that “New York’s proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment in that it prevents law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their right to keep and bear arms.”  

In New Jersey, the chief police officer or the Superintendent of the State Police has discretion in determining whether or not to issue a concealed weapons permit. State law requires an applicant to establish a special, individualized threat to life through a “written certification of justifiable need to carry a handgun, which shall be under oath and, in the case of a private citizen, shall specify in detail the urgent necessity for self-protection, as evidenced by specific threats or previous attacks which demonstrate a special danger to the applicant’s life that cannot be avoided by means other than by issuance of a permit…” The details of these specific threats or previous attacks must, where possible, be corroborated by the applicant “by reference to reports of the incidents to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.”

Even after an applicant has been approved by the applicable law enforcement agency, state law requires that the application also be approved by the superior court. The court “shall issue the permit to the applicant if, but only if, it is satisfied that the applicant” is a person of good character, meets the objective requirements, and that he or she “has a justifiable need to carry a handgun.”  

Although the Supreme Court’s decision did not specifically invalidate New Jersey’s handgun carry permit law, the Court noted in Bruen that New Jersey is only one of six remaining jurisdictions using analogues to New York State’s unconstitutional “proper cause” standard, making it almost certainly unconstitutional as well. The NRA and Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs filed a lawsuit challenging New Jersey’s justifiable need requirement in 2020.

Acting AG Platkin’s directive, Attorney General Directive No. 2022-07, effective immediately, requires “all law enforcement and prosecuting agencies operating under the authority of the laws of the State of New Jersey to implement and comply with the directives,” which in this case eliminates the requirement that an applicant submit a written certification of justifiable need to carry a handgun. “The decision in N.Y. State Rifle & Pistol Assoc. v. Bruen, No. 20-843, prevents us from continuing to require a demonstration of justifiable need in order to carry a firearm, but it does not prevent us from enforcing the other requirements in our law.”

New Jersey statute law remains to be adjusted to reflect this change. However, this is a positive development, as some public officials in the remaining “may issue” jurisdictions had reacted to the Bruen decision with indications that they would nonetheless implement new restrictions on permits, as in the case of New York City’s mayor who reportedly stated he will use “every legal resource available” to “undo and mitigate” the effect of the Supreme Court decision.    

Accordingly, your NRA will continue to monitor developments following this critically important court decision.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:24:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#40]
NJ carry permit instructions and application have been updated, effective today.

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By grady:
NJ carry permit instructions and application have been updated, effective today.

View Quote
Thanks for the updated info.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#42]
So, we have to get fingerprinted a second time? Having an FID and already being in the system doesn’t count? Either I’m an idiot; which I am, or the instructions aren’t very clear.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 2:49:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#43]
So, we have to get fingerprinted a second time? Having an FID and already being in the system doesn’t count? Either I’m an idiot; which I am, or the instructions aren’t very clear.
View Quote

It's almost as if they leave these things intentionally ambiguous so they can jam you up and find an easy reason to issue a DENIED application.

NJ2AS and the SAF really should be working hand in hand with us and LEAs to make sure everyone understands consequences. Like some kind of standardized form letter on NJ2AS letterhead to submit with your application, as a heads up to LEAs that they are being watched.

The only piece of info I'm missing is the quali, RTSP and GFH both don't have anything ready yet. Anybody know of a place that currently has a qualification service ready now?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:00:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#44]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

It's almost as if they leave these things intentionally ambiguous so they can jam you up and find an easy reason to issue a DENIED application.

NJ2AS and the SAF really should be working hand in hand with us and LEAs to make sure everyone understands consequences. Like some kind of standardized form letter on NJ2AS letterhead to submit with your application, as a heads up to LEAs that they are being watched.

The only piece of info I'm missing is the quali, RTSP and GFH both don't have anything ready yet. Anybody know of a place that currently has a qualification service ready now?
View All Quotes

Yup, it’s definitely by design.

The only thing RTSP has is the two courses they’re requiring which is the drawing from a holster and the tactical drills but nothing on the qualification. I need to buy another holster now so I can take their courses.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#45]

The only thing RTSP has is the two courses they’re requiring which is the drawing from a holster and the tactical drills but nothing on the qualification. I need to buy another holster now so I can take their courses.
View All Quotes

https://www.rtsponline.com/steps-to-nj-ccw/

7. REQUIRED – Pass your NJ CCW qualification course with an 80% or better – You will be required to demonstrate safety, familiarity, and accuracy. It is pass or fail. Qualification must be within six (6) months of application. Stay tuned for upcoming qualification times.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Question regarding tha application form.

The requirements state the need to have three individuals to vouch for you, as well as having the forms notarized.

My question if anyone knows is. Are the individuals who vouch for you required to be present when they sign the form in front of the public notary?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By resteva:
My question if anyone knows is. Are the individuals who vouch for you required to be present when they sign the form in front of the public notary?
View Quote

No.  The part being notarized is the applicant's signature to the following:

_________________, being duly sworn, upon oath deposes and states that he/she is the applicant named on page one of this application; that the answers to the questions given on this application are complete, true and correct in every particular.

That's why it's in its own separate box.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

7. REQUIRED – Pass your NJ CCW qualification course with an 80% or better – You will be required to demonstrate safety, familiarity, and accuracy. It is pass or fail. Qualification must be within six (6) months of application. Stay tuned for upcoming qualification times.

Yeah, requiring was the wrong word. I meant listed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Tom488:

No.  The part being notarized is the applicant's signature to the following:

_________________, being duly sworn, upon oath deposes and states that he/she is the applicant named on page one of this application; that the answers to the questions given on this application are complete, true and correct in every particular.

That's why it's in its own separate box.
View Quote

Thank you for clarifying.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top