Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2024 12:24:27 PM EDT
52,000 students, looks like at least 1% is protesting. I'm also hearing there are people there who are not students, etc. We should be nearing finals, shit. I'd hate to be in engineering trying to figure out how I'm going to pass a course with this shit going on.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The people rioting don't care. I'm sure that most are professional communists and are not students at all...

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
This shit need to end.  

"Peaceful protest" means being seen and heard. It does not mean interfering with the lives of law abiding citizens.
Criminal trespass and disorderly conduct them.  If the do not leave on there own after being charged, then put them in jail, by force if necessary, adding resisting arrest.   Make sure each and every one has a criminal record.
If they are students, expel them.  
If they are underage, charge their parents.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a niece there, and she's very much on the pro Gaza side...  I'm hoping she's smart enough to stay away from the protests, but who knows...  She's doing PhD work, so she shouldn't have time for that silliness.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]
According to the news, all of the arrests for criminal trespassing that were made last week had the charges dropped.  

They interviewed a snowflake that was traumatized with their experience and 17 hours in jail.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Am in Austin now, have a family member getting a Master's at 8:00 tomorrow morning(the 9th) from UT-Cockrell.  When you RSVP for the Commencement Ceremony you are given a URL for live streaming of the event just in-case there's a kerfuffle...  Hell, when I graduated we had to pay $25(?) for a VHS tape that arrived months later, lol.

Also have a family member graduating on the Left Coast on the 31st, I am seriously thinking about skipping that one.  Had went out for a ceremony there in mid-March and it was very enjoyable, but with all the crazies coming out of the woodwork not sure I'm up for it.

Hking
Top Top